• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Practice Squad

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we're beginning to see the Brownskins up north and the Falcskins down south...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any news on Ion? I still cant believe he is not signed. He might be holding out for more money. SM has some explaining to do if he is not back on the PS. Three DL are UFA next year. Plus if Ion leaves that would mean that we basically didn't have a 4th and 5th round pick in the past draft but I believe we got a 4th round in 2017.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ionman might not be what we thought

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington added running back Mack Brown, defensive lineman and fifth-round draft pick Matt Ioannidis, offensive linemen Isaiah Williams, Vinston Painter and Nila Kasitati, wide receivers Kendal Thompson and Maurice Harris, fullback Joe Kerridge and linebacker Lynden Trail to its practice squad. They were all among the team’s final roster cuts over the weekend.

The Redskins have one open spots to reach the practice-squad limit of 10 players. Practice-squad players can be signed to another team’s 53-man roster at anytime.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad to see we decided to keep Brown, Harris and Ioannidis. By week six I expect Brown will be elevated to the active roster and Kelly will be starting at RB.

Brown Due in injury more than likely, and Kelly gets the start due to performance or lack there of.

HArris because he has size and speed even though he is more than a tad bit raw.

And Ioanaman simply for the fact that we need to start developing D-lineman and since he is the only one we drafted... well there is that.

Thompson is also interesting, he has size.. but not the fastest guy and being as he is switching from QB to WR.... very long term project most likely.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad to see we decided to keep Brown, Harris and Ioannidis. By week six I expect Brown will be elevated to the active roster and Kelly will be starting at RB.

Brown Due in injury more than likely, and Kelly gets the start due to performance or lack there of.

HArris because he has size and speed even though he is more than a tad bit raw.

And Ioanaman simply for the fact that we need to start developing D-lineman and since he is the only one we drafted... well there is that.

Thompson is also interesting, he has size.. but not the fastest guy and being as he is switching from QB to WR.... very long term project most likely.

You are hilarious. Totally written of Jones. Bashed the Norman signing. Commenting on Wr's that will have no impact on the team this year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are hilarious. Totally written of Jones. Bashed the Norman signing. Commenting on Wr's that will have no impact on the team this year.

1. The Practice Squad is much more about the future of the team than the current season.
2. Jones is an injury waiting to happen and even when healthy he is a subpar starting material.
3. We over paid for Norman. More often than not big free agent signings fail.
4. Our top two starting WRs are on the last year of their deals. The ONLY WR we have on roster taller than 6 foot has not taken a practice snap in what 3 months??

Side note... is Jones even practicing yet??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Practice Squad is much more about the future of the team than the current season.
2. Jones is an injury waiting to happen and even when healthy he is a subpar starting material.
3. We over paid for Norman. More often than not big free agent signings fail.
4. Our top two starting WRs are on the last year of their deals. The ONLY WR we have on roster taller than 6 foot has not taken a practice snap in what 3 months??

Side note... is Jones even practicing yet??

The signing of Norman is huge. He will have an impact on the team this year. Just b/c he got big money doesn't mean he is going to fail. There is no reason to be negative. The tall WR theory means nothing just look at what happened last year. even if we lose both Garcon and Jackson next year we still have Doctson and Crowder. If they both leave it would also mean that we will have a TON of money if FA even after the signing of Cousins. So im sure the WR position would be addressed. Jones is going to be fine for Week 1.

We are in a great position this year not only to make the playoffs but to get a playoff win or two. Plus we are set up nicely next year as far as the cap an should be the class of the division for at least he next three years. There is absolutely no reason to be negative. After the Romo injury it almost guarantees us a playoff birth. Im sick of hearing negative crap when this team is loaded on paper going into the season. If Galette didn't go down we would of been even stronger.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signing of Norman is huge. He will have an impact on the team this year. Just b/c he got big money doesn't mean he is going to fail. There is no reason to be negative. The tall WR theory means nothing just look at what happened last year. even if we lose both Garcon and Jackson next year we still have Doctson and Crowder. If they both leave it would also mean that we will have a TON of money if FA even after the signing of Cousins. So im sure the WR position would be addressed. Jones is going to be fine for Week 1.

We are in a great position this year not only to make the playoffs but to get a playoff win or two. Plus we are set up nicely next year as far as the cap an should be the class of the division for at least he next three years. There is absolutely no reason to be negative. After the Romo injury it almost guarantees us a playoff birth. Im sick of hearing negative crap when this team is loaded on paper going into the season. If Galette didn't go down we would of been even stronger.

Explain to me how IM being negativce?? Simply for the fact that I think we over paid for Norman and like most big free agent moves he will likely not be the all powerful being one would expect?? There is a reason the Panthers released him.

As for the WRs.... sure we will have decent cap room next year.. but we also will need to resign some key players, not the least of which might be our QB. So the idea that we can just go shop for WRs if we need them is premature. And again it doesnt hurt to HAVE one or two guys on the practice squad that you can develop. I fully admitted Kendal Thompson is more of a long term project than any thing at this point.

You are right, this team is loaded ON PAPER, to bad the games are played on Grass. We have the toughest schedule in the division and you have already stamped us as likely going to the NFC Championship game??

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, this team is loaded ON PAPER, to bad the games are played on Grass.

3863208.jpg

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me how IM being negativce?? Simply for the fact that I think we over paid for Norman and like most big free agent moves he will likely not be the all powerful being one would expect?? There is a reason the Panthers released him.

As for the WRs.... sure we will have decent cap room next year.. but we also will need to resign some key players, not the least of which might be our QB. So the idea that we can just go shop for WRs if we need them is premature. And again it doesnt hurt to HAVE one or two guys on the practice squad that you can develop. I fully admitted Kendal Thompson is more of a long term project than any thing at this point.

You are right, this team is loaded ON PAPER, to bad the games are played on Grass. We have the toughest schedule in the division and you have already stamped us as likely going to the NFC Championship game??

You are being negative on Norman arguable the best CB in the league. You are being negative on Doctson saying he wont be ready for the season and he is. The Panthers are retarded for releasing him. They rather put money into Short. There backend is in total shambles. Brees, Jones, and Evans are going to rip them apart. You don't let a top Cb just walk in today's passing league NFL. The Panthers are taking a big step back this year. They will still win the division b/c the other divisional defenses are just not good. I would laugh my ass off if they didn't win the division and lose to a team like Tampa.

I only said shop for WR's if we lose BOTH Jax and Garcon. So what we have the toughest schedule in the division? We are going against two rookie QB's 4 times this year in Dallas and Philly. The only real challenge is NYG b/c of Manning. The Romo injury was huge for us. If we beat Pit its very possible we start the season 7-1 or 6-2. How can you not be excited about that?

The power NFC teams right now are Ari, Sea, GB, Car, Us, and Min now that they got Bradford. I don't see anyone else making the jump into the playoffs it should be the same as last year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean... have you actually WATCHED any of the Dallas games?? Romo might have done the Cowboys a favor. Not saying Dak is an instant Hall of Famer, but the kid has the skillset to run that offense, and he might actually manage to stay healthy.

We managed to win the Division last year when the rest of the division sucked and we had one of the easiest schedules in the league. Even then we only finished 9-7. So I would atleast wait until we actually beat some one in a real game before buying those Super Bowl tickets.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean... have you actually WATCHED any of the Dallas games?? Romo might have done the Cowboys a favor. Not saying Dak is an instant Hall of Famer, but the kid has the skillset to run that offense, and he might actually manage to stay healthy.

We managed to win the Division last year when the rest of the division sucked and we had one of the easiest schedules in the league. Even then we only finished 9-7. So I would atleast wait until we actually beat some one in a real game before buying those Super Bowl tickets.

Im not saying Super Bowl but we will get a playoff win. You are judging Dak against vanilla pre season defenses. Dallas has to run the read option with that guy just like RG3 did. The kid is going to run so the chance of getting hurt skyrockets for him. Romo was the only reason to give Cowboys fans hope this year. They can't depend on there defense so they figured they would score 30 ever game to win with Romo. Dak is not going to come in an dominate. No way. Dallas does not have the defense to dominate.

The Romo injury and now the Bradford trade did wonders for us to possibly win the division. Its only us and the Giants its a two team race for the division. As far as last year. We beat Buffalo when they were in the playoff hunt in Dec. We still beat an Eagles team who beat the Patriots at home to win the division title. Im not saying we played the best but we did not play Tenn or Cle to win the division.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im hearing skins are going after center sulliven from the vikes