• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Powerless Play

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, where do we start? I did not catch the game but watched it from the DVR. I saw we had a long 5-3 and did not score. So far we are 1-17 for a 5.9%. With the playmakes that can be put on the ice, this should never happen. We have some decent back line guys also that have some good strong shots. I know Pronger is not 100%, but 5.9%.

Last year the PP showed great patience and clicked at over 20%. Many times the fans would be yelling "SHOOT" but they would move it around and "GOAL". Sometimes, however, they seem to get too fancy. So is it the palyers, the system or something else? I keep hearing that 8 guys are fighting for 6 spots but the 6 playing are not getting it done.

Last edited by a moderator:

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks a lot like the PP of 08-09. All 4 PKers are down low pressing the forwards because they know no one at the point is a threat to score from there. D-men need to shoot more. Seems like Timonen is the only guy willing to shoot, and nothing against him but he probably has the least threatening shot of all the defensemen on the team (outside of Bartulis). Pronger, Meszaros, and especially Coburn need to get a green light to just bomb away.

Aim for Hartnell!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks a lot like the PP of 08-09. All 4 PKers are down low pressing the forwards because they know no one at the point is a threat to score from there. D-men need to shoot more. Seems like Timonen is the only guy willing to shoot, and nothing against him but he probably has the least threatening shot of all the defensemen on the team (outside of Bartulis). Pronger, Meszaros, and especially Coburn need to get a green light to just bomb away.

Aim for Hartnell!

Your right they must start shooting and going to the net especially when the bolts were trying to rush the puck holder with multiple guys that means someone has to be open in front of the net for a rebound. They'll get it going I'm not concerned in the slightest.

As for Harts man the guy had a bad regular season but fantastic playoff he showed he belongs in the NHL when he's working hard. The DB line is doing fine they're producing so why hammer on the dude? I really don't get it there are worse problems on this team right now. I actually thought he hustled last night and stole the puck on numerous times so he's working it out there IMO. Methinks you need to ease up a bit. : )

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT: Hartnell is the 4th highest paid forward on the team and the 6th highest on the team.

FACT: Hartnell's turnovers have caused more goals against this year than he has contributed offensively.

FACT: Hartnell trailed only Steve Downie last year in minor penalties and currently has all his penalties (not related to the Winchester fight) in the 3rd period, including one with 2 minutes left in a tie game.

You wanna bitch about Carter only scoring once a week, so why not bitch about a guy who never scores but still makes 84% of Carter's salary?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FACT: Hartnell is the 4th highest paid forward on the team and the 6th highest on the team.

FACT: Hartnell's turnovers have caused more goals against this year than he has contributed offensively.

FACT: Hartnell trailed only Steve Downie last year in minor penalties and currently has all his penalties (not related to the Winchester fight) in the 3rd period, including one with 2 minutes left in a tie game.

You wanna bitch about Carter only scoring once a week, so why not bitch about a guy who never scores but still makes 84% of Carter's salary?

As far as I'm concerned, you're preaching to the choir. I've done more bitching about "him" than anyone - ever.

Great post.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell is useful when he crashes the net other than that he cant skate doesnt hit doesnt score and is a big cap hit. Get in front and reek some havoc.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't blame Harts for his contract he was a FA and most FA's are overpaid. Homer did what he needed to improve the team at the time. Fact is he was worth his money in the playoffs and IMO that's all that counts just as long as they get there of course...same was said about DB the last few years and no one's complaing now.

He's not the only one sucking read Lavy's latest comments the whole teams sucking 5 on 5 except for DB and guess what Harts is on his line he has to be doing something right! Not sure which turnovers your talking about?

Penalties are a problem agreed but you have to pick on many Flyers for this but he also draws many penalties there are two sides to a coin. Was Carts 4 min penalty a good one in a 2-1 game?

I bitch about Carts because he's supposed to score 40 goals and is put in a position to accomplish this if he tries out there...no one expects Harts to score 40 but heck he scored 30 which is huge I'd be happy with 20 out of the guy and I bet he reaches that this year.

I also don't exclusively blame Carts for his lines lack of production my point is to separate him from Richie as they have no chemistry...both good players but don't mix. The article on Philly.com says the same thing so harp to them too! : )

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-6 last night. I think it will get better with the more play time Pronger gets. He still seems a step off to me, but he should be back to full speed in another 4-5 games.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-6 last night. I think it will get better with the more play time Pronger gets. He still seems a step off to me, but he should be back to full speed in another 4-5 games.

1 of 6 but I could def see signs of them being lethal again soon.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a top five power play again this season. I just hope it's sooner rather than later. Way too many weapons.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top five sounds good i hope we start climbing up the ladder soon because i'd like to have a nice and easy regular season for a change

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many one and done!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice long winning streak will cure all starting tonight in Buffalo

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice long winning streak will cure all starting tonight in Buffalo

Actually, winning streaks only really cure losing streaks and depression. If the team goes 3/53 on the PP during a 9-game winning streak, then it didn't really cure the PP, did it?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, winning streaks only really cure losing streaks and depression. If the team goes 3/53 on the PP during a 9-game winning streak, then it didn't really cure the PP, did it?

I dont care if they went 0-53 on the PP as long as we win, I would think that winning is the goal here but maybe i'm wrong but i pretty sure winning is what we are trying to accomplish.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that we are 12th in the league at 17%. Pronger the key? Hell YES!