• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power Struggle in Boston

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the way I feel about this. I do believe this struggle took place, I do believe it has caused a divide, I do believe they wanted to keep Jimmy G, I do believe that made Brady at 40 a bit insecure, I do believe Kraft forced BBs hand, I do believe this pissed off BB, I do believe most of this to be true, I do believe it's old news and all persons involved are moving past it and finally I do believe the media waited to post this story because the Pats have a bye week and nothing else to write about.

Say something you believe

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Well shit that's it, end of story some radio dude said so.
I didn't say that. I said there are two sides to it. That's the only thing his sources completely said wasn't true.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never pretty when a dynasty ends. I'm a Cowboys fan. I know these things.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game was 14-14 after 3, bias aside, I didn't feel like the pats had that won until when you said. No way was that their easiest one. I'm the most pessimistic fan there is and I even was like "hmm philly has a shot" at halftime.

I will agree that was the pats best team of all the title teams imo.
I don't see how it wasn't their easiest ones. Just compared to the other 4 they won.

Maybe I was just super cocky after winning 2 out of 3, but I went into that game feeling they had already gotten by their biggest test. While the came was close, I never felt they were going to lose. Something I didn't feel in any other Super Bowl win. It also didn't come down to one play like all the others.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never pretty when a dynasty ends. I'm a Cowboys fan. I know these things.

True, I'm old school not like some of these younger motherfuckers who would talk and not take the rap, loyalty is everything. Imo they did Montana wrong in SF, the guy did everything and they won only 1 more with Young, sure Joe could have too. In Indy they should have let Peyton retire there on his own terms, they have won shit since, GB to a certain point with Favre, they have won 1 only since they forced him out . I don;t care if Pats go 0-16 next year with Brady but respect the guy who was key last 16 years, and let him go out on his terms, He said he would retire when he was junk and sure he will. It was a great run and doubt it would have kept going without Tom or BB

Last edited:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I'm old school not like some of these younger motherfuckers who would talk and not take the rap, loyalty is everything. Imo they did Montana wrong in SF, the guy did everything and they won only 1 more with Young, sure Joe could have too. In Indy they should have let Peyton retire there on his won turn, they have won shit since, GB to a certain point with Favre, they have won 1 only since they forced him out . I don;t care if Pats go 0-16 next year with Brady but respect the guy who was key last 16 years, and let him go out on his terms, He said he would retire when he was junk and sure he will. It was a great run and doubt it would have kept going without Tom or BB

I have maintained for 30 years... the game did not pass Tom Landry by. But years upon years of crummy drafts left him with an old team that simply couldn't compete anymore. And in the end, that's what it comes down to. It's where I give BB a lot of credit. He knows.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if anything, BB retiring is more likely than starting over somewhere else

I just like to dream cause of his Giants love

Rumor is he considering the DC job, working for Hue Jackson

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my favorite part of the article:

"Brady has noted to staff a few times this year that, no matter how many game-changing throws he makes, Belichick hasn't awarded him Patriot of the Week all year."

That's just funny to think that Brady gives a rat's ass about being named Patriots Player of the Week and his feelings are hurt.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brings back bad memories, last minute of the Sopranos, Excuse me, have to wipe my eyes
I never watched a single episode of that show, or the Simpsons now that I think it.

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy. I wish a smart poster had said this since the last super bowl.
The ride ends this year. Bradys gone.
Yep. You predicted Brady's ped pusher to get banned and then Kraft, Brady, bill fighting over who gets credit.

Blech.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have maintained for 30 years... the game did not pass Tom Landry by. But years upon years of crummy drafts left him with an old team that simply couldn't compete anymore. And in the end, that's what it comes down to. It's where I give BB a lot of credit. He knows.

Landry is a top 5 coach but different era with FA and salary cap. Guys like Revis or Bennett care about the$$, they both come to NE, win a SB ring move on, and then one comes back after half a season in GB. Some guys would have stayed on longer buy when your older like a Vince Wilfork and demand big $$$, not gonna happen with Bill

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sold tHoop for millions and enjoying life on his island with his nubile younger lady friend.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dynasty breaks up and the Pats start Hoyer next season as the bridge QB till Baker Mayfield is ready?

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how it wasn't their easiest ones. Just compared to the other 4 they won.

Maybe I was just super cocky after winning 2 out of 3, but I went into that game feeling they had already gotten by their biggest test. While the came was close, I never felt they were going to lose. Something I didn't feel in any other Super Bowl win. It also didn't come down to one play like all the others.

TO played off his rocker that game and all season he would just score out of nowhere, so all game I expected it to happen. Once the game was 2 scores out and relied on Andy Reid's clock management, I had a fork stuck in them.

I said before the game that for them to win, they needed a lead at halftime. They didnt, and then lost but one score.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. You predicted Brady's ped pusher to get banned and then Kraft, Brady, bill fighting over who gets credit.

Blech.

Kraft said that Brady is like his son and paid that $1 mill w/o though for deflategate, figuring it would appease Goodell. Belichick he called a 'shmuck" for ignoring the memo about where you could film from and that he misinterpreted it. BB is a football genius but not much on common sense. He is playing the first game in 07 vs his ex- DC Mangini, who knows about the filming and does it , against a team you beat by 40. That started the black cloud over the Patriots

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is fake news.

In another life, fans who follow ESPN news would have their brains studied to find out why people continue to read fake news after being lied to.