• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential Trade

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State is an aging team with no hope for the future.... it's time for a change. They need a young franchise player that can take over games and that displays great character on and off the court. They have too many thugs on their current roster and they handed out some horrible contracts that will start to cripple them as soon as next season.

Proposal:

PHX gets: Klay Thompson, David Lee, 2014 1st round pick, cash.

GSW gets: Michael Beasley, PJ Tucker, 2034 2nd rounder.

You may ask yourself immediately why the Suns would do this? Well I'll get to that in a second.

As for Golden State, Michael Beasley is the perfect fit. He is very underrated and has shown the whole league why he was taken number 2 right behind Derrick Rose a few years back. He can score at will (something the Warriors lack), he hustles all the time, and is an elite defender and shot blocker. His presence is felt in the arena as soon as he steps on the court. Game changer. Building block. Some say he's the second coming of Jesus Christ. Great role model for children as well.
As for PJ Tucker, well... he'd immediately become their second best player behind Beasley. Adding another big name with tons of potential would only help Golden State in the future and give this lost franchise some hope.

As for the Suns... why would they get rid of these two studs for a couple veterans that are declining year after year? Well, simply put they have a small window and they need to win now. Led by the fast and furious Marcin Gortat the Phoenix Suns need to realize they are title contenders NOW and need some veterans to help lead them to the promise land. It's been a dismal offseason for Phoenix so far trading away two stars in Dudley and Scola for a young, promising guard in Bledsoe and a couple draft picks.
Adding these two should push them over the top in the West... look for a Heat-Suns NBA Finals matchup.

So, what are your thoughts on this proposed trade? I know it may seem too good to be true but Phoenix is in win-now mode after all. This could be your chance to fleece the Suns.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is from either (a) a Warriors fan, writing what must be the most beautifully sarcastic deal idea I've seen in a while; or (b) an utter troll with way too much time on his hands, who is trying to get Warriors fans to respond in a huff.

I'm assuming it's b.....

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from either (a) a Warriors fan, writing what must be the most beautifully sarcastic deal idea I've seen in a while; or (b) an utter troll with way too much time on his hands, who is trying to get Warriors fans to respond in a huff.

I'm assuming it's b.....

or (c) a Suns' fan that completely understands they're playing for Wiggins next year and wanted to write up something funny to ease the pain of what is certain to be an awful year for a one-time perennial play-off team.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2034 2nd rounder comes too late for me, make it 2033 and I'm down with the trade.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State is an aging team with no hope for the future....

Stop reading after this, either OP has been out in the sun too long, or is hanging out too much with Beasley + the ganja

Puff Puff Pass

:laugh3:

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Suns fans can't be sarcastic? *sigh*

Sorry..... looks like Heathbar called it. Yeah, I feel for you - Warriors fans are so used to having to deal with garbage teams, we're enjoying what hopefully is the start of a nice run.

Sad thing is that over the years, there have been a ton of trolls come to Warriors' message boards with deal proposals that didn't sound that much different than yours - and they were either serious, or just utter trolls. Sorry I jumped on you - best of luck with what looks to be a lot of pain this year.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry..... looks like Heathbar called it. Yeah, I feel for you - Warriors fans are so used to having to deal with garbage teams, we're enjoying what hopefully is the start of a nice run.

Sad thing is that over the years, there have been a ton of trolls come to Warriors' message boards with deal proposals that didn't sound that much different than yours - and they were either serious, or just utter trolls. Sorry I jumped on you - best of luck with what looks to be a lot of pain this year.

Nah it's all good... I tried to be as sarcastic as possible so you guys would know it was a joke but I guess I didn't do good enough, lol. It sucks because we had a 30 year run where pretty much every year we made the playoffs, never missed it two seasons in a row during that stretch. Now this team is in complete rebuild mode... we'll probably suck for the next 2-3 years but we do have a lot of draft picks and cap space so there is some hope. GL to you guys this year. Love Iggy, I've followed him his whole career since his days at the University of Arizona.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough decision sting I know at the end of the day Sarver and company will make the right decision I just dont know if anyone wants to trade with us with all the steals that Babby and Sarver have made over the years. Its unfortunate Blanks had to retire but hes given everything to this franchise. From our meaningless 2nd round pick and Dragic to get brooks or from trading busts like Ibaka and Deng for Cash so we could sign studs like Beasley. Sarver is a legend here and will be on the ring of honor soon enough.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a great funny thread until Jahii came in here. Now Warriors fans are going to think we really are retarded.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah it's all good... I tried to be as sarcastic as possible so you guys would know it was a joke but I guess I didn't do good enough, lol. It sucks because we had a 30 year run where pretty much every year we made the playoffs, never missed it two seasons in a row during that stretch. Now this team is in complete rebuild mode... we'll probably suck for the next 2-3 years but we do have a lot of draft picks and cap space so there is some hope. GL to you guys this year. Love Iggy, I've followed him his whole career since his days at the University of Arizona.

The problem is you can never be sure if someone is serious or sarcastic because of all the stupid things people post now.

Saw that they traded Butler, has he fallen off so much that they couldn't get more if they held on to him until the deadline? Is Kravtsov someone who has rotation potential? I've never heard of him and I know Ish Smith is nothing.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem is you can never be sure if someone is serious or sarcastic because of all the stupid things people post now.

Saw that they traded Butler, has he fallen off so much that they couldn't get more if they held on to him until the deadline? Is Kravtsov someone who has rotation potential? I've never heard of him and I know Ish Smith is nothing.

Tank-fest '13-14 in full swing there. I doubt either Kravtsov or Smith is going to end up making the roster, they were just trying to move salary..... and part of that allegedly is because having knocked several million off their payroll, they may not be averse to simply cutting Beasley, who has negative trade value.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, any guesses re Beasley's next stop? I'm guessing DEN or WAS? I hear weed is legal there.

It amazes me that these guys still get caught with weed or drive with suspended licenses. How hard is it to buy one of your boys a car and have him drive you around and carry your weed? It's sad because I saw Beasley play a couple times live college and he was really exciting to watch. Crazy to think that there was debating about whether Beasley or Rose should go first.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me that these guys still get caught with weed or drive with suspended licenses. How hard is it to buy one of your boys a car and have him drive you around and carry your weed? It's sad because I saw Beasley play a couple times live college and he was really exciting to watch. Crazy to think that there was debating about whether Beasley or Rose should go first.

The crazy thing is that everyone is writing the guy off, but he's still only 24. His scoring ability is already there and if he ever got his head on straight he could be a very good starter in this league. He no longer has that potential he once had, but still has the ability to be a good player. He is probably ideal at this point in his career as a JR Smith or Jamal Crawford type gunner off the bench. If he could ever learn to play under control, with restraint and a hint of defense, he could be a great value for teams.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't Teach Size.

There are always going to be folks who will pick the Greg Oden's in the world vs the Lebrons', 20/20 hindsight sure, but you can't teach "heart/skill"

He got drafted by MIA, and had some good vets there, JO, Matrix, D. Wade, No D. Wright, Udonis Haslem , they all should have taught him the way to be a good vet, but you can lead a horse to water, but ..... (fill in the blank)

:noidea:

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A phrase I've heard at my work recently, which seems to apply here: You Can't Fix Stupid.