• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post your top 10 Power Rankings

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's have some fun with this. Only post your top 10 in the NFL after week 7. Add a comment or two.

1. GB Packers - Undefeated and defending Champs.
2. NE Pats - They can beat at nearly any situation... leading/trailing.
3. NO Saints - Win over the colts doesn't impress as it would a BCS official, but they are potent.
4. Baltimore Ravens - Top tier Defense, the offense was absolutely horrid last night but once in awhile every team has those. I'll chow down some humble pie and give them a spot over...
5. SF 49ers - IMO, better team than the Ravens but will change in time. Need one more "big" win(NYG?) to go into the top 3 discussion IMO.(forget 4th, top 3!)
6. Pitt Steelers - Offense coming back alive, but been against sub par teams, showdown vs NE will open up eyes one way or the other.
7. NY Giants - Quietly leading their divison, got lucky in their wins(and loses) but a sleeper in the spotlight of the NFL.
8. Det Lions - One of the top offenses still, a healthy Stafford is key here. Defense is losing ground however.
9. Buffalo Bills - Not forgetting their hot start, but somewhat losing that flare. Perhaps teams are not underestimating them anymore?
10. Cin Bengals - I feel the Bengals are going to lose out in the playoff picture(Pitt/Balt). They do walk around with the #1 Def from what I understand.

**No AFC West...interesting...**

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.GB 2.NE 3. SF (beast D in the top 5) 4.NO 5.Buf 6.Det 7.Bal 8.Pit 9.Atl 10.Hou

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ESPN has NO leap-froggin the Niners this week. I call BS. NO may be better, but I hardly see how pounding Indy in NO is proof of that. If the Niners' D keeps playing the way it has the last two games (and we could probably include Philly except that Vick kept miraculously slipping sacks), they'll give any team problems.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 49ers
2-10 Who gives a shit? Niners will beat their ass.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah bitchslapping the Colts appears to win votes nowadays... yet we're scructinize for playing the NFCW(despite playing 1 division gm thus far)...

Still Colts or no Colts, the Saints are good but when rattled, they show their true colors.... In time we will see this.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ESPN has NO leap-froggin the Niners this week. I call BS. NO may be better, but I hardly see how pounding Indy in NO is proof of that. If the Niners' D keeps playing the way it has the last two games (and we could probably include Philly except that Vick kept miraculously slipping sacks), they'll give any team problems.

Considering the subjective nature of these power rankings, you may find that NO's history of dominance has a lot to do with their ranking. We may be 5-1 but our true power is relatively still unknown.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my top 10:

1. Packers. Most complete team out there. Solid Defense to go along with a very potent offense. If they can get their run game up to par, they're going to pretty substantially difficult to knock off.

2. Patriots - Still a powerhouse team. Tough to beat on any Sunday.

3. Saints - If their Defense ever decides to step it up, they could be a contender for the Superbowl.

4. Ravens - Even with their loss to the Jags, they've beat 3 quality teams. The offense was a bit exposed last night, but they're definitely a tough team to play.

5. 49ers - Quality wins against some good teams, and an OT loss to the Cowboys. Could easily be ranked as high as 3, but I think they still need to prove some consistency on the o-line and in the passing game.

6. Steelers - They're 5-2, but 4 of the wins have come against the Seahawks, Colts, Jaguars and Cardinals. Not exactly any quality wins there. True test comes this week against the Pats.

7. Detroit Lions - Struggled the last two weeks stopping the run, and need to get this corrected to be a legit contender. Teams have been doubling Megatron and they need some contributions from the other receivers.

8. Buffalo Bills - Their offense has been potent behind Fred Jackson, but they need to buckle down on the Defensive side of the ball to have any legitimacy.

9. Giants - They're a hard team to peg right now, but they're dangerous. They have a tough schedule ahead, so it'll be interesting to see how they fair.

10. Texans - Two of their last three games were losses, but also without Andre Johnson. Their defense has come a long way, and if they get healthy, they could be a real threat.

Next 3 in: Chargers, Bears, Jets.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Green Bay- As of right now they are scoring at will and turn it on when they need to.

2.New England- Built for the regular season, post season their D is pretty weak.

3.New Orleans- A bit shaky, but at this point more explosive than the Niners.

3.SanFrancisco- D is really getting to that next level we've been waiting for.

3.Baltimore- Great D... but not so sure about the offense.

6.Dallas- If it weren't for Romo loving to throw picks, they would be number 2.

7.Pittsburgh- Looking a bit older, but seem to always play well when it counts.

8.Houston- This team is bipolar.

9.New York (Giants)- Pretty good team, but haven't beaten anybody that good.

10. I want to say Detroit, but I think they are going to end up with 6 or 7 loses. I would say that the Jets get in here. The colder it gets, the better it is for this team and I look for them to start playing well. Cinci, and Buffalo also get a look, but I just can't put them in.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas up there huh?

Yeah, if they can start to play some complete games they are gonna be dangerous. Romo gives one away to Detroit and if that doesn't happen...not to mention the one he gave away to the Jets. Could easily be 5-1. Could also have easily lost to the Niners on the other hand.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Green Bay is the #1 team but they did let A.P. run all over them this weekend.
Not exactly a Superbowl caliber run D.

They have injuries along the O-line as well, and they are not the best running team out there.

A solid team with a good running game and a front 4 that can bring heat could cause them problems, and put most of the pressure on Rodgers to win it. But Rodgers can take alot of pressure.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers in top 3-5 of power rankings would be laughed at pre-season. Crazy how much things have changed! Still looks weird to me.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers in top 3-5 of power rankings would be laughed at pre-season. Crazy how much things have changed! Still looks weird to me.

Agreed! There are two types of press I hope we as a team never believe - the positive & the negative.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) GB
2) NE
3A) NO
3B) SF
5) Bal
6) NYG
7) Dal
8) Pit
9) Det
10) Buf

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. GB
2. NE
3. SF
4. NO
5. BAL
6. PIT
7. BUF
8. NYG
9. CIN
10. DET

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay is the #1 team but they did let A.P. run all over them this weekend.
Not exactly a Superbowl caliber run D.

They have injuries along the O-line as well, and they are not the best running team out there.

A solid team with a good running game and a front 4 that can bring heat could cause them problems, and put most of the pressure on Rodgers to win it. But Rodgers can take alot of pressure.

I agree. The post said right now so I gave it to them. But when the weather gets bad I think they will struggle a bit. I definitely think that no team is above and beyond all others.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see ravens going 9-7 at best they are 0-2 against Tennessee and jacksonville and 0-3? On road

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the subjective nature of these power rankings, you may find that NO's history of dominance has a lot to do with their ranking. We may be 5-1 but our true power is relatively still unknown.

Nicely said. While it is about this season, they also weigh in how good a team has been say the past two years. It's pretty much why they are keeping the Jets near the top 10 or in it, because of how good they were the last two years... also why they were hesitant to put the 49ers up there with how badly they played the last two years.