• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

post your sleeper team

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland aint winning 9 games this coming season
Their O/U is 5.5 I believe.....winning 9 games seems a wee bit ambitious.....I'd look to next year for a significant jump and the year after will really be when you can see what direction they are going......So many factors.....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I just think chargers and Houston are better bets. Mostly because of how deep the NFC is. Honestly there's not a single team in the NFC that would shock me if they made the playoffs
I'd agree with that in the context of this thread.

The Chargers are definitely the favorite in the AFC West, though. NFL Power Rankings has Chargers #11 and KC #17. Sporting news has Chargers at #8 and KC at #15. USA today has Chargers at #6 and Chiefs at #15. ESPN has Chiefs at #14 and Chargers at #15 but thats a pre-draft ranking so they might be convinced to flip to avoid being the only outlier.

Browns... Honestly their roster is,better than probably half the AFC
In theory the Browns roster should be more talented than any other in the whole league. They've been stockpiling draft picks. In terms of proven talent, I still think they are a year away from competing.

I could see them splitting with the Ravens and Bengals. They play the NFC South and AFC West, the Jets and the Texans. I can't see how they get more than 6 wins.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love SF but so does everyone else so they aren't at all a sleeper

I'm gonna go with San Diego to finally put it all together with that loaded roster and have a 12-4 type season and be a real threat In the AFC

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a little stunned with the Houston picks.

I dont see them doing as well as people think. There division is like Normady.

Jags are coming off a 13-3 season and a AFC Championship game berth. Don't show any signs of slowing down.

Titans are coming off a good season. They still have alot of the guys from last year and a healthy Marroita

Colts have a alright defense and Luck is healthy and He has protection acquired by the NFL draft. I would consider them a honorable mention for sleeper.

The other Honorable mention is Buffalo

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love SF but so does everyone else so they aren't at all a sleeper

I'm gonna go with San Diego to finally put it all together with that loaded roster and have a 12-4 type season and be a real threat In the AFC
How is SD a sleeper and SF not a sleeper?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Garoppolo led them to a 5-11 season after being traded from the Patriots, watch out for the 49ers coming out of the NFC West. Alot of people wrote them off at the beginning of the year saying they wouldn't win a single game then John Lynch pulled off the trade to end all trades when he brought Jimmy G. While it may be tough for them to make the playoffs this season with the Rams and Seahawks giving them a run for their money I still think they'll make some news this season.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I considered picking the Chargers but they've been a sleeper team for over 10 years now and every year they lose to a team they have no business losing too or choking away games in the 4th.

Broncos are a good sleeper pick as the AFC West isn't exactly brutal and they could be a poor man's Vikings this season.

They won't be playoff teams but I feel the Browns and Giants will put together respectable seasons that their fans can feel positive in the direction they are going.

Tampa Bay is the NFC version of the Chargers and will get picked as a sleeper every year and proceed to disappoint every year as well.

Houston is going to depend on if Watson can keep playing at a really high level. The roster isn't deep but they do have enough to make a run at the playoffs.

I like the Cardinals as a sleeper but for 2019 not 2018. Too much coaching turnover and the roster isn't quite there yet.

9ers are a sleeper depending on your definition of a sleeper. They are getting a lot of buzz for the upcoming season so to me they are on that borderline of being considered a sleeper.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going the Cards, and the Brownies!

latest

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay is the NFC version of the Chargers and will get picked as a sleeper every year and proceed to disappoint every year as well.
There is some truth to that. The Rams were the same way until they had a killer offseason last year. I feel like the Bucs were the team that had a killer offseason this year. Still, you look at the NFC South and you just know the Saints are going to be good which leads very little room for a team like the Bucs competing against the Panthers and Falcons.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the definition of 'sleeper' is a team that will make the playoffs this year that didn't make the playoffs last year, i have a few that are possibilities ....

Chargers
Texans
Packers
49ers

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered picking the Chargers but they've been a sleeper team for over 10 years now and every year they lose to a team they have no business losing too or choking away games in the 4th.

Broncos are a good sleeper pick as the AFC West isn't exactly brutal and they could be a poor man's Vikings this season.

They won't be playoff teams but I feel the Browns and Giants will put together respectable seasons that their fans can feel positive in the direction they are going.

Houston is going to depend on if Watson can keep playing at a really high level. The roster isn't deep but they do have enough to make a run at the playoffs.

I like the Cardinals as a sleeper but for 2019 not 2018. Too much coaching turnover and the roster isn't quite there yet.

9ers are a sleeper depending on your definition of a sleeper. They are getting a lot of buzz for the upcoming season so to me they are on that borderline of being considered a sleeper.

1) Need better play from everyone except Philip Rivers. He's like a 1-man team in L.A.
2) Do we know who's gonna start at QB for the Broncos?
3) I think you are underestimating the Browns and Giants. Both teams have done alot in free agency and the draft. I see either one of them sniffing the playoffs this season with the Giants having the better chance of making it.

4) If only Jameis Winston wasn't so inconsistent they'd be perennial playoff contenders
5) I agree on your stance about Watson. He'll take them as far as they want to go as long as he can play a full season.
6) Again you underestimate a team's chances this season. While the coaching staff has been turned over it's pretty much the same roster from last season with a few pieces added in from the draft and free agency. Steve Wilks is a great defensive-minded head coach and the offense will be better IMO as well.

7) Earlier I predicted the 49ers to be a sleeper as well and I continue to stand by that notion.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, the rest of that defense leaves a lot to be desired still. Didn’t work for my team so maybe I am biased, but I’d be surprised if that D is good. Gonna need to be a Watson smokeshow to contend, imo.

The Texans defense is based on pressuring the quarterback.

I know, every defense becomes better when they pressure the QB but this one needs it more than most because that secondary couldn't cover bread with peanut butter.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans defense is based on pressuring the quarterback.

I know, every defense becomes better when they pressure the QB but this one needs it more than most because that secondary couldn't cover bread with peanut butter.

That lackluster secondary and the lack of a run game (other than Watson) is my reasoning for a 8-8 season.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too everyone picking Houston.

Im willing to make a week 17-Super Bowl Avi bet with you that Houston DOES NOT make the playoffs.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some truth to that. The Rams were the same way until they had a killer offseason last year. I feel like the Bucs were the team that had a killer offseason this year. Still, you look at the NFC South and you just know the Saints are going to be good which leads very little room for a team like the Bucs competing against the Panthers and Falcons.

1) Need better play from everyone except Philip Rivers. He's like a 1-man team in L.A.
2) Do we know who's gonna start at QB for the Broncos?
3) I think you are underestimating the Browns and Giants. Both teams have done alot in free agency and the draft. I see either one of them sniffing the playoffs this season with the Giants having the better chance of making it.

4) If only Jameis Winston wasn't so inconsistent they'd be perennial playoff contenders
5) I agree on your stance about Watson. He'll take them as far as they want to go as long as he can play a full season.
6) Again you underestimate a team's chances this season. While the coaching staff has been turned over it's pretty much the same roster from last season with a few pieces added in from the draft and free agency. Steve Wilks is a great defensive-minded head coach and the offense will be better IMO as well.

7) Earlier I predicted the 49ers to be a sleeper as well and I continue to stand by that notion.

Also take a look at the parody in the NFC South. For a while there has been no back to back winner in that division

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also take a look at the parity in the NFC South. For a while there has been no back to back winner in that division

Fixed. That's what's best about football. You never know who's gonna be the division champs from year to year unless of course you're looking at the AFC East. We all know the Patriots will once again win the division.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed. That's what's best about football. You never know who's gonna be the division champs from year to year unless of course you're looking at the AFC East. We all know the Patriots will once again win the division.

Thanks for the fix. Thought it looked right.

But there are Few Constants in this NFL Universe.

A) Patriots winning the AFC East. Buffalo will give them a scare but i see 11-5 and wildcard for them. New England goes 12-4

B) The Steelers getting into the playoffs.

Other then that Crap shoot.