• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Your All-Star starting lineups

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the argument for Upton over Pederson? I know Upton has the much higher BA, but Pederson gets on base more and hits for more power. He also has been solid defensively.

can't believe I am saying this but Joc also K's more than Upton and that's hard to do usually. Adam Dunn had high OBP and hit for more power but he wasn't an all star.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't believe I am saying this but Joc also K's more than Upton and that's hard to do usually. Adam Dunn had high OBP and hit for more power but he wasn't an all star.
Adam Dunn didn't play centerfield. Not sure how having 12 more strikeouts than Upton hurts Pederson that much. He's still better offensively.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dunn was lolbad defensively. Pederson is pretty solid defensively (at a more difficult position, to boot).

Pederson's K's are a bit alarming though, but he is drawing plenty of walks.

As for Upton, Pederson's OBP is 13 points higher and his SLG% is 64 points higher (and keep in mind that's with Upton's big advantage in BA). So Pederson's power numbers are far more impressive than Upton's. Pederson's ISO (Isolated Power, which is SLG-BA) is .313, which is the 4th best in MLB. Only Stanton, Teixeira and Harper are ahead of him. Upton's 40th.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Dunn didn't play centerfield. Not sure how having 12 more strikeouts than Upton hurts Pederson that much. He's still better offensively.

Upton is terrible with his strikeouts, Peterson is worse. That's why he is really bad. being 12 worse than Upton doesn't mean its a good thing. Upton has 12 SB's as well.

They both are terrible at K's, a guy hitting 22 ks more than he has hits and batting .253 isn't an all star, he should be a replacement. Just like Stanton and his .240.

Oddly Aoki may deserve it over both of them, I honestly can't even believe I typed that, but I can't believe the season he is actually having.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Dunn didn't play centerfield but his numbers were similar, OBP high and power high, average low speed non exsistant.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol? Pederson has plenty of speed. He had several minor league seasons with 25-30 steals. Not a great base stealer though. For years, scouts raved about his power/speed combo.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upton is terrible with his strikeouts, Peterson is worse. That's why he is really bad. being 12 worse than Upton doesn't mean its a good thing. Upton has 12 SB's as well.

They both are terrible at K's, a guy hitting 22 ks more than he has hits and batting .253 isn't an all star, he should be a replacement. Just like Stanton and his .240.

Oddly Aoki may deserve it over both of them, I honestly can't even believe I typed that, but I can't believe the season he is actually having.

I can't believe you did either. Because it's a stretch. Aoki has a pretty decent advantage in OBP (17 points), but Pederson's SLG% is 161 points higher. Aoki's SLG% is almost all BA, no very little power.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just nice to see Bogaerts improving. He looks like a legitimate shortstop defensively. Not to mention he's cut down on the strikeouts big time (struck out in 23.2% of his PA last year, only 13.4% this year). He does have a fairly high BABIP (.338) and he's hitting a lot of ground balls (47.8% this year, was only 38.1% last year). He's been making plenty of solid contact though, and I think the power will start to develop eventually.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you did either. Because it's a stretch. Aoki has a pretty decent advantage in OBP (17 points), but Pederson's SLG% is 161 points higher. Aoki's SLG% is almost all BA, no very little power.

but again, higher BA, OBP and has speed relative to the power, I definitely wasn't going with Aoki's power. Aoki is a leadoff hitter, Joc isn't. If Dunn and Joc's positionally differncial matters.

A case could easily be made that joc is a back up, was the point.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol? Pederson has plenty of speed. He had several minor league seasons with 25-30 steals. Not a great base stealer though. For years, scouts raved about his power/speed combo.

dude is 2 sbs and what 4 cs in the majors? what he did in the minors is about as relevant to the ALL STAR voters as actual stats from this season, lol.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but again, higher BA, OBP and has speed relative to the power, I definitely wasn't going with Aoki's power. Aoki is a leadoff hitter, Joc isn't. If Dunn and Joc's positionally differncial matters.

A case could easily be made that joc is a back up, was the point.

Pederson's played 37 games as the #1 hitter.

A leadoff hitter's job is to get on base, but let's not act like Pederson hitting a bunch of home runs is a bad thing.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simply looking at strikeouts and batting average and saying "because he does this, he isn't an all star" doesn't make sense. Having more strikeouts and a lower batting average doesn't make you a worse offensive player. Pederson has been better offensively and defensively than Aoki, so why would Aoki deserve it more?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude is 2 sbs and what 4 cs in the majors? what he did in the minors is about as relevant to the ALL STAR voters as actual stats from this season, lol.

I never said he was a good baserunner. But using stolen bases as a measure of speed is kind of silly. Ryan Howard once stole 8 bases (caught only once) in a season. Yadier Molina has 41 career stolen bases.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Dunn didn't play centerfield but his numbers were similar, OBP high and power high, average low speed non exsistant.
Yeah and if Pederson played first base, and played it piss poor, then the comparison would make sense. But he doesn't, he plays a solid centerfield. Comparing the offensive numbers of a terrible defensive first baseman to that of a solid defensive centerfielder makes no sense.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply looking at strikeouts and batting average and saying "because he does this, he isn't an all star" doesn't make sense. Having more strikeouts and a lower batting average doesn't make you a worse offensive player. Pederson has been better offensively and defensively than Aoki, so why would Aoki deserve it more?

yes, "having more strikeouts and a lower batting average does make you a worse player?" I had to read that 3 times because its rather shocking someone said that.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, "having more strikeouts and a lower batting average does make you a worse player?" I had to read that 3 times because its rather shocking someone said that.

How is a strikeout worse than a ground out, fly out, or GIDP?

Also, BA is a terrible stat by itself. Any stat that doesn't include HBPs/walks and treats singles/doubles/triples/home runs is very flawed.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point of this is Upton's numbers are better than Joc for all star consideration. Even with me being a dodgers fan, just like Goldy over Gonzales.

Aoki was brought in as by the numbers the next option.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is a strikeout worse than a ground out, fly out, or GIDP?

Also, BA is a terrible stat by itself. Any stat that doesn't include HBPs/walks and treats singles/doubles/triples/home runs is very flawed.

come on, Nava, you know better. Guy on 3rd, no outs, what would you rather have? guess you would rather have a k.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys on 2nd and 3rd, sure you want that K.

bases loaded, the only time a K is better than something, the DP, but at least the DP would still score a run.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You think that you can judge a player against another player based on their batting average and strikeouts? So would you say Endar Inciarte is having a better offensive season than Mike Trout? He has a higher batting average and fewer strikeouts.