• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Draft...

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Cousins worst case is more like nick foles. That's the problem.

Foles has never had a season when he had more than 317 pass attempts...and yeah, some want to compare Foles to Cousins. TOO FUNNY.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has never had a season when he had more than 317 pass attempts...and yeah, some want to compare Foles to Cousins. TOO FUNNY.

Face it Mitzy... we did the right thing not signing Kirk Grossman to a long term deal, we probably shouldnt have even tagged him.

I have been shown the light... Praizze Jebuz!!!!

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face it Mitzy... we did the right thing not signing Kirk Grossman to a long term deal, we probably shouldnt have even tagged him.

I have been shown the light... Praizze Jebuz!!!!

Man shark, I hope it all works out for the Skins and Cousins. This team is pretty good with decent QB play, I don't know if I can take another decade of shitty QB play.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man shark, I hope it all works out for the Skins and Cousins. This team is pretty good with decent QB play, I don't know if I can take another decade of shitty QB play.

Thing is, I dont think Decent is going to be enough for the Owner, and it damn sure wont be enough for some of the fan base. If Kirk doesnt get us to the playoffs, win a game in the playoffs and go to the pro bowl, there will be people saying we should just let him walk and draft a QB .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is my real issue with not getting this deal done

While Cousins has a clear-cut mission to shape his future, the 2017 offseason will prove more complicated to navigate for Redskins officials.

In addition to having to again try to re-sign Cousins, they also will likely have tough calls to make on potential impact free agents such as defensive end Chris Baker, outside linebacker Junior Galette and top wide receivers Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson. Having to potentially commit a hefty salary to Cousins — particularly if it’s once more under the franchise tag, which means around $24 million — could prove restrictive.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, I dont think Decent is going to be enough for the Owner, and it damn sure wont be enough for some of the fan base. If Kirk doesnt get us to the playoffs, win a game in the playoffs and go to the pro bowl, there will be people saying we should just let him walk and draft a QB .

QB in today's NFL is the most valuable commodity on any team. If you're fortunate enough to have one that's even kinda good, you better hold on to him...cause with all that talent assembled like the Rams via draft picks, you will SUCK without a good or kinda good QB.

I still support that trade...HTTR!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes2:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with your points but the main difference I see here is that our Oline play was not as strong as Phillys was that year and should hopefully be better this season. Again supporting cast hopefully will be better than Foles had in Philly that year.

Well that's true. As he mentions in the article Philly couldn't hold the talent around foles steady. Maybe we will be able to do that as we do seem to better set up to do so especially with SM.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you will be pleased when we are trading away another draft for the next great thing. You win, he likely going to fail.. .got it.

And actually the worst TD to INT ratio for a career would be Rogers...

NFL Career Passing Touchdown/Interception Ratio Leaders | The Football Database

Hell Kirk didnt even rank in the top 50 for a single season...

NFL Single Season Passing Touchdown/Interception Ratio Leaders | The Football Database

But yea, you right... he sucked .

"By era" AKA in relation to his peers he was throwing more ints than any player in history.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also
Then you will be pleased when we are trading away another draft for the next great thing. You win, he likely going to fail.. .got it.

And actually the worst TD to INT ratio for a career would be Rogers...

NFL Career Passing Touchdown/Interception Ratio Leaders | The Football Database

Hell Kirk didnt even rank in the top 50 for a single season...

NFL Single Season Passing Touchdown/Interception Ratio Leaders | The Football Database

But yea, you right... he sucked .

Also just noticed you went with TD/INT rate I was talking purely INT rate.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also

Also just noticed you went with TD/INT rate I was talking purely INT rate.

Dude.. Im agreeing with you. Cousins is NOT worth a big contract. Hell we souldnt have even tagged him. Hell Colt McCoy could start and we would be in position to draft a QB next year since we likely will at this point any way once Kirk reverts to his Rex grossman like ways.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or more like Griffin.

We don't know what we don't know. If they could have had a deal with a guaranteed $44 million and out after 2 years and didn't do then shame on them. If Cousins agent held out for a lot more than they were probably dreaming. The $100 question is did Snyder hold this up or was it SM's choice.

Lol very true. I almost said Griffin too but I try to bring his name up as little as possible around here. It doesn't always get handled too well.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HIstory of the NFL shows that a franchised player does one of two things.

1. He performs well enough to ask for outrageous money and tells the team he wont play under the tag again.
2. He gets injured 3-6 weeks into the season.

In either case, most guys who play under the tag, are on a different team the following season. Going to miss Kirk.

I'll let you pick my avi if he leaves after a great season. How we determine that season idk lol.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If my quick addition is correct kirk threw 275 passes in his hot streak. So in other words - very comparable to foles hot streak... So what was the problem again?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my quick addition is correct kirk threw 275 passes in his hot streak. So in other words - very comparable to foles hot streak... So what was the problem again?

"hot streak", really? kirk had 543 pass attempts, that's 200 more pass attempts than Foles...don't make yourself look, well you know...let it go bro, and root for your QB this season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually hoping he leaves after this season. Kirk is solid people. He deserves better than this team and fanbase.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"hot streak", really? kirk had 543 pass attempts, that's 200 more pass attempts than Foles...don't make yourself look, well you know...let it go bro, and root for your QB this season.

Was the second half of the season not his hot streak? That's not remotely a criticism that's just true. The dude was on fire the second half of the season. What gives you the idea I'm not rooting for kirk this year? My redskins avi or my the skins listed as my favorite team?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the second half of the season not his hot streak? That's not remotely a criticism that's just true. The dude was on fire the second half of the season. What gives you the idea I'm not rooting for kirk this year? My redskins avi or my the skins listed as my favorite team?

didn’t say it wasn’t. is a professional golf tournament winner decided after 18 or 72 holes? is a baseball season division winner decided after 81 games or 162?…how about an NBA season after 42?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to put on my burgandy and Gold tinted glasses and say KC will play well and he will get a good contract :