• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

possible landing spots for Bell, Hunt, and the '19 rookie class

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contd...
Since Hunt is on the Commissioner's Exempt List indefinitely, and since some are speculating that Hunt is looking at more than the usual 6-game suspension, and and since Howard is still playing a on cheap rookie salary....

I can see the Bears going after the rights for Hunt all the while playing through Howard's contract.

Would give Howard an incentive to run harder than he has the past 2 seasons.

But maybe that's not fair to criticize Howard. My personal view is that the Bears O-line is not a very good rushing unit. I'm sure there are stats on it somewhere, but Howard was hit at the line or behind it often. Even the speedy spark plug Cohen had to reverse direction often and bounce runs outside because the line run blocking was awful.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contd...
Since Hunt is on the Commissioner's Exempt List indefinitely, and since some are speculating that Hunt is looking at more than the usual 6-game suspension, and and since Howard is still playing a on cheap rookie salary....

I can see the Bears going after the rights for Hunt all the while playing through Howard's contract.

Would give Howard an incentive to run harder than he has the past 2 seasons.

But maybe that's not fair to criticize Howard. My personal view is that the Bears O-line is not a very good rushing unit. I'm sure there are stats on it somewhere, but Howard was hit at the line or behind it often. Even the speedy spark plug Cohen had to reverse direction often and bounce runs outside because the line run blocking was awful.
bears have the 18th rated line for rushing offense. SO not great . But you have to ride him on that rookie deal. I do think that unless cohen bounces outside, he wont be effective, regardless of speeed