• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Position groups from strongest to weakest

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As listed in order by Sports Mockery:

Overall, I'm somewhat in agreement with the rankings, altho I can't see the OL as being listed this high. I'd also swap OLB with the ILB order. And with all due respect to Khalil Mack, it's Roquan Smith who is the best player on the D, and in fact is the best player on the entire team. I'm of course quite concerned that our four key playmaker positions also happen to be the four lowest ranked. Want a consistent, annual playoff-caliber team? Then those four need to be ranked near the top.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As listed in order by Sports Mockery:

Overall, I'm somewhat in agreement with the rankings, altho I can't see the OL as being listed this high. I'd also swap OLB with the ILB order. And with all due respect to Khalil Mack, it's Roquan Smith who is the best player on the D, and in fact is the best player on the entire team. I'm of course quite concerned that our four key playmaker positions also happen to be the four lowest ranked. Want a consistent, annual playoff-caliber team? Then those four need to be ranked near the top.
Mack is still the best player on D.

Smith has more career ahead, and is already a stud, but don't let the numbers fool ya, Mack is still a fuckin' beast.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack is still the best player on D.

Smith has more career ahead, and is already a stud, but don't let the numbers fool ya, Mack is still a fuckin' beast.
Not taking anything away from Mack at all, and I agree he's a beast. But I'm sticking with Roquan as our top stud.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking anything away from Mack at all, and I agree he's a beast. But I'm sticking with Roquan as our top stud.

Well that's because you're an idiot. Mack is clearly the best player on D by a mile.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, now I know I'm right when Capt We Should Tank argues against Smith.

This is no knock on Smith. Mack is that much better. Like all idiots, you judge Mack because of one year. One year and all of the sudden Mack is declining. You are limited.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is no knock on Smith. Mack is that much better. Like all idiots, you judge Mack because of one year. One year and all of the sudden Mack is declining. You are limited.

Counterpoint: I will gladly use this argument for Robert Quinn. Last year was an abomination and I expect very little this season out of him.

Khalil Mack is a pimp. He just needs to get home more. We need more impact plays on defense this year. Sacks...Forced Fumbles...Interceptions. So his facilitating those types of plays either directly or indirectly on a regular basis is needed, since we pay him so much for it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all Mensa, I clearly stated that I agree Mack remains a beast. I have no problems whatsoever as understanding the MAJORITY opinion of most Bears that Mack is the team's top defender. It was more the ascension of Smith's play as opposed to the decline of Mack's. Secondly, Mack's '20 numbers, while they have declined somewhat from his peak years, were pretty much on course with his '19 totals. So if he's been in decline, it's been for the last two years, not just '20.

Mack has just hit the wrong side of 30, so for players of his talent and athleticism, the trajectory is naturally pointing downward. Maybe only slightly, but downward it is. That's just the way life works in the NFL. And if I'm judging Mack's play and what I feel is a bit of decline, it's been for two years, not one. One year and we can attribute such to any number of factors. Two years signals a trend. But for the sake of digressing and to keep your limited attention span on course, yes, he's still a damn fine player and yes, still a beast.

Smith OTOH is just now really coming into his own. It's already pretty much universally agreed that if he's not the team's top defender, then he's no lower than 2nd. So it stands to reason that relative to the direction of both players in their respective careers, we're about to witness the ascension of the team's new top defender, barring of course there are no significant injuries to either player.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all Mensa, I clearly stated that I agree Mack remains a beast. I have no problems whatsoever as understanding the MAJORITY opinion of most Bears that Mack is the team's top defender. It was more the ascension of Smith's play as opposed to the decline of Mack's. Secondly, Mack's '20 numbers, while they have declined somewhat from his peak years, were pretty much on course with his '19 totals. So if he's been in decline, it's been for the last two years, not just '20.

Mack has just hit the wrong side of 30, so for players of his talent and athleticism, the trajectory is naturally pointing downward. Maybe only slightly, but downward it is. That's just the way life works in the NFL. And if I'm judging Mack's play and what I feel is a bit of decline, it's been for two years, not one. One year and we can attribute such to any number of factors. Two years signals a trend. But for the sake of digressing and to keep your limited attention span on course, yes, he's still a damn fine player and yes, still a beast.

Smith OTOH is just now really coming into his own. It's already pretty much universally agreed that if he's not the team's top defender, then he's no lower than 2nd. So it stands to reason that relative to the direction of both players in their respective careers, we're about to witness the ascension of the team's new top defender, barring of course there are no significant injuries to either player.

I never said you said Mack wasn't a beast.

The question is who is the best defensive player NOW. Not, who will be the best defensive player. And that is Mack. You use a lot of words arguing something no one is refuting.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you said Mack wasn't a beast.

The question is who is the best defensive player NOW. Not, who will be the best defensive player. And that is Mack. You use a lot of words arguing something no one is refuting.
Ok, fair enough. As I mentioned, I have zero problems with anyone who thinks Mack is the best player, in fact it makes you guys the majority. To me, Smith was without question the team's defensive MVP last year. Does that make him the best player? Not necessarily. But I think he now is. Let's just see how this season plays out. But make no mistake about it, if Mack goes on to have a monster year and re-establishes his dominance, you will find no happier guy than me.

And yes, I'm more than happy to concede I can be quite wordy.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fair enough. As I mentioned, I have zero problems with anyone who thinks Mack is the best player, in fact it makes you guys the majority. To me, Smith was without question the team's defensive MVP last year. Does that make him the best player? Not necessarily. But I think he now is. Let's just see how this season plays out. But make no mistake about it, if Mack goes on to have a monster year and re-establishes his dominance, you will find no happier guy than me.

And yes, I'm more than happy to concede I can be quite wordy.

Flip flop much?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flip flop much?
Not at all. I was merely pointing out that I recognize that the majority of fans believe Mack is still the top D player, said so pretty much from the getgo, and let's see how this season plays out. How much clearer can I get than saying I still believe Smith is our best player right now and that he was without question the team's MVP last year? How is that flip-flopping?

I apologize tho BS, I must acknowledge that when I type a lot of stuff, what I'm doing is trying to reach all potential readers of these threads. So I tend to write at a common level to make sure even those with a 6th grade comprehension level can understand what I'm saying. In future posts, I'll try dumbing it down a few grade levels for you.

Here's a primer for you in the interim to help prepare you better:

1622580197163.png