• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Position Battle Winners

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so its been 3 preseason games I would imagine that the 4th game you will not see the starts play anymore than one drive if that so who do you guys think won some of the key position battles so far

Who won the LB position to replace Bruce Irvin?
What will our starting OL look like?
Who will be the TEs behind Willison while JG is still recovering?
Who will start at CB opposite of RS?
Who are some key guys that will be in our practice squad going into the season?

Anything else I am missing? I am pretty sure the RB position will be Rawls, Michael, and Prosise

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB is going to a mishmash of players. It was always a fluid position even with Irvin.
No idea about OL at this point. My guess is that Glowinski, Britt, and Ifedi are starters. Tackles seem to be up in the air.
Vannett for sure. McEvoy might sneak on after a decent night last night.
Lane will be the starter and slide inside on nickel coverage.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB is going to a mishmash of players. It was always a fluid position even with Irvin.
No idea about OL at this point. My guess is that Glowinski, Britt, and Ifedi are starters. Tackles seem to be up in the air.
Vannett for sure. McEvoy might sneak on after a decent night last night.
Lane will be the starter and slide inside on nickel coverage.
I agree with most of your post but I expect Willson to be #1 TE for week 1.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel better about both the offensive line and the running back situation than I did coming into the preseason. Michael's resurgence late last season is looking less and less like a fluke and while I think Rawls will be ready to go for week 1, I'm not too worried about our run game if he isn't.

The offensive line, as I said in another thread, has me feeling optimistic going into a season for the first time in a while.

I think we might be looking at Morgan and/or Coyle at strong side linebacker, which works for me.

I haven't been focusing much on Vannett, but he seems to be handling all facets of his job pretty well so far and while this might sound like an insult to Graham, I actually think that the team has benefitted from his absence during the preseason. I say that because it has allowed them to get a good look at all of their other options at tight end, which is a position that looks a bit deeper than I thought it'd be going into the season.

I'm not particularly worried about our interior defensive line. By the time the season starts, McDaniel will have had a couple of games to get back into the swing of things here and I think that will help the run defense. That's why I'm not too worried about the defensive line getting gashed a bit on the ground this preseason. They'll be fine. Bennett's versatility should also help when it comes to getting an interior pass rush on passing downs as well as an outside rush from Avril and Clark.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so its been 3 preseason games I would imagine that the 4th game you will not see the starts play anymore than one drive if that so who do you guys think won some of the key position battles so far

Who won the LB position to replace Bruce Irvin?
What will our starting OL look like?
Who will be the TEs behind Willison while JG is still recovering?
Who will start at CB opposite of RS?
Who are some key guys that will be in our practice squad going into the season?

Anything else I am missing? I am pretty sure the RB position will be Rawls, Michael, and Prosise

Morgan will be starting SAM, but Marsh will get some run there too. Pinkins will be cut
Sowell-Glowinski-Britt-Ifedi-Gilliam
I think we keep 4 TEs: Graham, Willson, Vannett, Williams. I'm almost positive we go into week 1 with 4, as Graham won't be fully ready and Vannett's banged up too
I think Lane, but I'm not as positive of that as I was at the start of camp.
Fant, Lawler, Powell (hopefully)

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I'm the only person that is a fan of Deshawn Shead. This guy is big and seems to have made plays and IMO did a pretty good job as the starting CB behind Sherman last season. The coaching staff seems to like tharold simon I am not a fan of him, I remember him getting burned for a TD in the superbowl they were targeting him when lane went down

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I'm the only person that is a fan of Deshawn Shead. This guy is big and seems to have made plays and IMO did a pretty good job as the starting CB behind Sherman last season. The coaching staff seems to like tharold simon I am not a fan of him, I remember him getting burned for a TD in the superbowl they were targeting him when lane went down

I'm with you Snead > Simon

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they're hoping that the light goes 'on' with Simon, like it finally did with CM. Tharold has all the tools and size that they want, but hasn't ever put it together.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Browner will be cut. It wouldn't surprise me if he did get cut. He didn't do anything to standout when he was in there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly played in preseason so doesn't surprise me.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was actually expecting that I herd that the only real reason why we signed him was to use him in situations against TE's but other than that he doesn't really provide a whole lot of use to the team

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only mildly surprising aspect of this is that they cut him in the first round of cuts. He must have been struggling to adjust to his new role in practice as well as in games.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only mildly surprising aspect of this is that they cut him in the first round of cuts. He must have been struggling to adjust to his new role in practice as well as in games.

I thought he was going to be that final cut/bubble player to make the team but he must have lost his legs and couldn't regain any form in camp. Oh well, it was a very low risk with possible high reward that didn't pan out.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he was worth a look and got one. It didn't pan out.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was going to be that final cut/bubble player to make the team but he must have lost his legs and couldn't regain any form in camp. Oh well, it was a very low risk with possible high reward that didn't pan out.

I personally think that he was having trouble adjusting to his new role, but you could be right. It could even be a combination of the two. I think the Seahawks have seen what can happen when they try to get guys to do things they aren't used to doing on defense and expect them to adjust in a relatively short amount of time and didn't want to waste any more time trying to make Browner into something he isn't. It does re-open the question of what they plan to do about covering tight ends this year, since that was to be Browner's responsibility had he made the team. It was definitely a problem area on defense last year and teams won't be shy about trying to exploit it again this year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that he was having trouble adjusting to his new role, but you could be right. It could even be a combination of the two. I think the Seahawks have seen what can happen when they try to get guys to do things they aren't used to doing on defense and expect them to adjust in a relatively short amount of time and didn't want to waste any more time trying to make Browner into something he isn't. It does re-open the question of what they plan to do about covering tight ends this year, since that was to be Browner's responsibility had he made the team. It was definitely a problem area on defense last year and teams won't be shy about trying to exploit it again this year.

I think BB was also the most penalized player last year so i'm also guessing he might have been making way to many mistakes in camp. Add that with the combo of losing speed and unable to adjust was enough for PC/JS to let him go. I really don't have any idea who's going to cover the TE's but hopefully plan B works out.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so here is my take on the Oline.

Left tackle Sowell > Gilliam
we have not seen much of Gilliam at LT but he has played a little there and from my point of view Sowell has played better.

Right Tackle ?? Gilliam/Webb
Webb Looked really good in his one game we got to see him, when in there was little rush or pressure from his side. Gilliam the supposed heir apparent LT might just be relegated to a back-up role.

Left Guard , CENTER , Right Guard I have these all together because i feel this battle is over. Britt is our Starting Center, Glowinski is the starting Left guard and Ifedi is the Starting Right Guard. This group has been stout through out the preseason. They also look much better than last years interior in both run and pass blocking. I think the only spot that could see some movement is LG.