• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

...... Poor man's Colt McCoy

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really. Colt led Texas in rushing as well in '08. Hell, he might even be a little bit faster than JF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htpJjUAdkbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSBACEXftw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uRAwB-wjB8

As an all around player, Colt was just as good as JF.

Hmmm seems to me the only people that see it that way are your fellow Texas fans. This isn't something I feel super passionate about so I really don't need a list of stats or videos. I stand by my statement and I think most college football fans (excluding Texas fans) agree with what I said.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm seems to me the only people that see it that way are your fellow Texas fans. This isn't something I feel super passionate about so I really don't need a list of stats or videos. I stand by my statement and I think most college football fans (excluding Texas fans) agree with what I said.

Fair enough.....

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's worth anything, McCoy is one of my all-time favorite college qb's. Wish LSU got him instead of Perrilloux.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, Colt McCoy = 2nd winningest QB in FBS history, led Texas to the BCS title in '09, won a conference title, won a BCS bowl, Heisman Finalist.........

Johnny Manziel = Heisman winner

Do the math.....

Your first sentence almost describes Ken Dorsey to a tee.......just make everything better. Only one loss in entire career(and that single loss has an eternal asterisk as highly questionable), won bcs title' played for two, won a few conference titles, bcs bowl, multiple heisman finalists., and more.

Colt mccoy is a poor mans ken dorsey

Last edited by a moderator:

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sips still beating the old tired Manziel drum? Let's face it, the only reason y'all love to hate JFF is because he had an aTm on his helmet.

Cart McCoy was a good college QB that unfortunately received the Cleveland kiss of death. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to JFF. I like McCoy in spite of his alma mater, which I used to hate. Do I think that one QB is better than another? NO. They are different. McCoy might be getting a little rusty though....

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sips still beating the old tired Manziel drum? Let's face it, the only reason y'all love to hate JFF is because he had an aTm on his helmet.

Cart McCoy was a good college QB that unfortunately received the Cleveland kiss of death. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to JFF. I like McCoy in spite of his alma mater, which I used to hate. Do I think that one QB is better than another? NO. They are different. McCoy might be getting a little rusty though....

Kosar did fine in cleveland.

Mccoy is a poor mans kosar.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really. Colt led Texas in rushing as well in '08. Hell, he might even be a little bit faster than JF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htpJjUAdkbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSBACEXftw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uRAwB-wjB8

As an all around player, Colt was just as good as JF.

I have to call you out on this one. COlt was a sneaky runner, he was not faster than Manziel. That is a certainty. Manziel is way shiftier. Comparing accomplishments is usually folly. 22 players contributed to the 2 Qbs records. Like saying Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Marino, because he got the ring.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to call you out on this one. COlt was a sneaky runner, he was not faster than Manziel. That is a certainty. Manziel is way shiftier. Comparing accomplishments is usually folly. 22 players contributed to the 2 Qbs records. Like saying Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Marino, because he got the ring.

McCoy was just as fast as Manziel, no doubt about that. Faster? Probably not, so yes I agree with you. IMO, McCoy was the better college QB. The stats, wins and awards prove that. Plus, Colt had zero NFL talent on his offensive line from '07-'09. Manziel had the best offensive line in the country his last 2 years. Plus, Manziel's WR's were much more talented than what Colt had to throw to. I agree 22 players contributed to the 2 QB's records, but when it comes to making plays that won important games and with the game on the line, I'll take Colt any day of the week. Again, Manziel was an excellent QB in college, but McCoy was better, IMO.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy was just as fast as Manziel, no doubt about that. Faster? Probably not, so yes I agree with you. IMO, McCoy was the better college QB. The stats, wins and awards prove that. Plus, Colt had zero NFL talent on his offensive line from '07-'09. Manziel had the best offensive line in the country his last 2 years. Plus, Manziel's WR's were much more talented than what Colt had to throw to. I agree 22 players contributed to the 2 QB's records, but when it comes to making plays that won important games and with the game on the line, I'll take Colt any day of the week. Again, Manziel was an excellent QB in college, but McCoy was better, IMO.
-
McCoy ran a 4.79 and Manziel ran a 4.68 at the combine. Manziel ran a 4.03 shuttle, that was the tops for a QB. McCoy was 4.23. You can say McCoy was better, but to be fair he certainly wasnt faster in any measure with his feet.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
McCoy ran a 4.79 and Manziel ran a 4.68 at the combine. Manziel ran a 4.03 shuttle, that was the tops for a QB. McCoy was 4.23. You can say McCoy was better, but to be fair he certainly wasnt faster in any measure with his feet.

If you played football, you should know that 40 speed doesn't compare to on the field speed at all. All I know is that I saw McCoy outrun Div 1 CB's, whom I'm sure would have faster 40 times than Colt.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a QB needs more traits and characteristics than just athletic ability. For that reason, I would pick Colt over Johnny if I was building a CFB team. I like that kid's gib.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy was just horribly snakebitten by freakish bad luck at the worst times.

With even a slightly better amount of luck, he might have been one of the top 5 of all time.

The controversy surrounding the 3-way tiebreaker of 2008 probably cost him 20 spots on the alltime college player list. He wins the 2008 Heisman and likely plays for 2 straight national titles if Texas merely got a handful of poll votes.

No offense to Collin Klein and Manti Teo, but.....the competition for the 2008 Heisman was ridiculous.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy was just horribly snakebitten by freakish bad luck at the worst times.

With even a slightly better amount of luck, he might have been one of the top 5 of all time.

The controversy surrounding the 3-way tiebreaker of 2008 probably cost him 20 spots on the alltime college player list. He wins the 2008 Heisman and likely plays for 2 straight national titles if Texas merely got a handful of poll votes.

No offense to Collin Klein and Manti Teo, but.....the competition for the 2008 Heisman was ridiculous.

And no offense to Johnny Football, but if Aggy lost to Bama in '12, he doesn't receive an invite to New York.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Football is a really good player, but man he had some talent around him and couldn't win big. The aggies produced the #2 pick last draft, and are about to produce 3 top 10 picks this draft. How in the world did this team lose so many games this season?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Football is a really good player, but man he had some talent around him and couldn't win big. The aggies produced the #2 pick last draft, and are about to produce 3 top 10 picks this draft. How in the world did this team lose so many games this season?

1 word: DEFENSE

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Texas fans are bashing Aggies for not accomplishing much with their talent, that's priceless.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SEC