• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Police want to speak with La'el Collins

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When there has been the opportunity for praise I have given it, but those opportunities have been few and far between.

He took an 0-16 team and got them to the playoffs for the first time in 12 years. Twice in 6 seasons. Built a great D last year. I think he has us on the cusp of being really good. I like that he landed Caldwell and Austin. I like that Austin wanted to stay that says a lot. I like that he beefed up the o-line with Reiff, Warford, Waddle, Ramirez, Swanson, and Tomlinson. I like that he didn't spend that much on Suh. I like that he brought in Gnata. I like that he brought in Quin and Ihedigbo, and Tulloch and the drafting Levy. I like that he brought in Bush. I like that he developed Bell. I like that he signed Tate. I like that he drafted Ebron. Just kidding on Ebron. I like that he brought in Schwartz, at that time...I liked when he fired Schwartz, at that time. I like that he traded Roy Williams for 3 picks including a first rounder. I like that he drafted Ansah and Slay.

I like a lot of things. Do I like everything? No. But I'm looking at the overall product and I think we are in a good place, I think we are getting better. I think this team has the potential to make a nice run this year, maybe get really hot. I believe that the defense will be really good again even without Suh. And I think our offensive line will be bigger, better and stronger. The result of that will be a running game and pass
protection. I expect to see a really good offense this year. Really good offense + really good defense = really good team.

A really good team...what more could we ask for?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hqdefault.jpg

Dr Evil circa 1986

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all the homers from last year picking 10-6 and 11-5 you idiot optimists.
MUZZ 8-8
BLACK MAGIC 9-7
GANDY 9-7
TP 9-7
ROB BASE 5-11
LP 10-6
BIG BLUE 11-5
BUD 8-8
LPW 10-6
OLD LION 9-7
QUACKER 10-6
SMITTY 10-6
KRETON 16-0
noidea.gif
and they wonder where the kool-aid moniker comes from.
MEBERT 11-5
GVSU 9-7
VULTURE 8-8
THRUTHEFOG 12-4
DR E 2-14

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as The Clown Show remains we will accomplish jack shit. I honestly can't believe anyone can defend these guys with soooo many staggering fuck ups on their records and zero accomplishments of any significance

Once upon a time a man became sole owner of an Organization and had one playoff win in his 50 years of reign. During such time he hired a man that ran his Organization in the Dust and remained friends with him even after his termination. One day not so long ago the King died leaving his Organization to his Queen. During the Queen first year, the Organization has shown signs of life as she has led her Organization to the playoffs only to be cheated by the Overlords known as the NFL.

Out of the ashes of the old Kingdom came a Great Wizard casting spells on the Queen's Court Jesters. While peasants that would not be ruled by the Queen headed south to worship the Black Knight and to bury their heads in the sand instead of their toes.

And yet you somehow will defend Millenhew for not being the one GM to step up and spend a lousy 7th rd pick on a 1st rd talent.

I see your being a Master at hindsight again. But the other side of the coin is... you would be bashing Mayhew had he done it and it became a wasted draft pick for trying when he could've picked a sure OT like Corey Robinson. Your hatred for the front office out shines your likeness to say you wouldn't have. :pound:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your being a Master at hindsight again. But the other side of the coin is... you would be bashing Mayhew had he done it and it became a wasted draft pick for trying when he could've picked a sure OT like Corey Robinson. Your hatred for the front office out shines your likeness to say you wouldn't have.

I have no idea if this is in the sarcasm font or not.

The idea that I would bash Millenhew over taking a good, calculated risk by spending a lousy 7th rd pick on a 1st rd talent is preposterous. How few and far between is the Lions history of 7th rd picks staying with the team? Hell, what is it for the league? No doubt its ridiculously low. They had a great chance to make the best move of their careers and completely blew it.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate The Clown Show, no doubt about that, they are idiots (and liars), both of them. It's things like passing on Collins that make them such. That hatred is magnified by the staggering support they get around here no matter what glaring fuck up is being pointed out.
You say LewanDUI lost us Suh because of the restructures, or by blowing the opportunity to sign him before the season started last year, etc. and there will be someone blaming the old rookie deals, or he didn't have an agent, or some other asinine excuse.
You say Millenhew completely butchered two entire years in the draft and someone will say how good the 2013 draft has been, or point to an article that says other people in the NFL say how intelligent he is and has learned from his mistakes, especially in the draft. Then he drafts a TE with bad hands with a top 10 pick right after resigning the TE who has been a solid starter for the past 4 years.
I'll bash these idiots until they are either gone or they actually accomplish something to shut me up. I'm not worried about that actually happening so expect the justifiable bashing to continue.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there will be someone blaming the old rookie deals,
:wave:I say three high draft picks were on the wrong side of the Rule Change. :yo:

You say Millenhew completely butchered two entire years in the draft

Suh might still be on the Roster (that is if he still wanted to be in Detroit) had he been on this side of the Rookie Rule Change. There wouldn't have been any need to KICK THE CAN DOWN THE ROAD because of some Outrageous Rookie Contract!! Depict what you want or slice it and dice it anyway you like.
But anywho, I say if there was more draft picks from those two years someone might still be on the Roster.:laugh3:

I'll bash these idiots until they are either gone or they actually accomplish something to shut me up. I'm not worried about that actually happening so expect the justifiable bashing to continue.

:deadhorse::bored:

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rest my case.

Be happy and a call it a successful season at 9-7. I have loftier goals but to each his own I guess

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody wake up Harold and get this shitty thread moved to the Dallas board.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wave:I say three high draft picks were on the wrong side of the Rule Change. :yo:

Suh might still be on the Roster

Was it neccasary to give Stafford that contract when they did? Shit Russel Wilson has been to two SBs. Have they gave him a huge new contract yet?

Maybe had they waited and not done so, then being forced to kicking the can on various contracts . Suh may have still been on the roster.

IMO which is wrong as much as the next guy. The huge extensions and restructurings are why Suh is not here. Not the fact just because of three high picks. It was the handling of the three high picks and how they handled their respective contracts.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty hard to make the case that it was a mistake (for everyone except the Cowboys) to pass on drafting him in the 7th.

Imagine our draft right now, but with Collins instead of Robinson. That would be fuggin sweet.

And I know teams were scared about being associated with the dude if things had gone south in that case, but what's wrong with just being honest about it? Hold a presser saying that "He's not a suspect at the moment, so we drafted him, if he later becomes a suspect we'll simply cut him." How does that hurt a team's image?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WKRP in Cincinnati is reporting that Collins grew up a Stockar McDougle fan, and always dreamed of being a Lion.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy fan here. I don't know why a team didn't use a 6th or 7th round flier on Collins. I'm glad every team passed though.

If a team wasted a late pick, and he got arrested the next day they wasted a pick that often goes to the PS. What would the lose have been.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy fan here. I don't know why a team didn't use a 6th or 7th round flier on Collins. I'm glad every team passed though.

If a team wasted a late pick, and he got arrested the next day they wasted a pick that often goes to the PS. What would the lose have been.
Make sure to post that again, a half dozen times, over the next three or four days. Please.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it neccasary to give Stafford that contract when they did? Shit Russel Wilson has been to two SBs. Have they gave him a huge new contract yet?

Maybe had they waited and not done so, then being forced to kicking the can on various contracts . Suh may have still been on the roster.

IMO which is wrong as much as the next guy. The huge extensions and restructurings are why Suh is not here. Not the fact just because of three high picks. It was the handling of the three high picks and how they handled their respective contracts.

Would Wilson have those rings if he played for the Lions?

NOPE....