• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please convince me the SeaHawks wont over take the West this year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the Seahawks are the team to beat in the NFC this year, and more than likely, it will once again come down to the 49ers/Seahawks for the NFC crown (though I'd love to see a battle between Russell Wilson and RG3). Defensively, the Seahawks are very, very impressive. I don't think it's a stretch to predict that they will have one of the top three defenses in the NFL this year.

When has the NFC crown ever come down to the Niners/Hawks?

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My theory is that Seattle played above their heads last year and will regress to their norm this year. They had great seasons out of a lot of players and that isn't likely to happen again. They were miserable on the road last year, and a great team ought to be much better on the road.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy 4th (belated) to you as well!

I can answer your question with one word: Kaepernick :clap:

dubabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:

Congratulations for winning for the first time in five tries. That must have been confusing for you when the 49ers beat Atlanta in the NFC Championship game a week after Atlanta eliminated the seahawks. Good luck working that out.

Not to mention that they were getting killed by the Redskins until RG3 got hurt.

They had no way to stop a healthy RG3 and if it wasn't because of the injury, most likely they would've lost that game.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
42-13 should of been your wake up call.

Seahawks = superior roster, especially at QB, RB, WR, DB, and special teams. With the additions of Avril, Bennett, and Hill its now looking like a push at D line as well.

Younger, taller, & faster.

Technically the Seahawks are younger, but a debate can be made whether or not they are taller or faster. We also added Dorsey, Nnamdi, and Dawson to help the kicking game with an already potent Andy Lee on the squad.

Yeah, those Seahawks sure are superior.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West Is The Best

New to the forum. Tought I would chime in here for my first post. I have read a lot of posts about the niners, hawks and rams but nobody is talking about the cards. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they will win the division, but they will be very tough. Excellent new head coach, serviceable QB, overhauled running game (love the 2 rb's they drafted) and some sold defensive additions. They were competitive in most of their games last year and that was with no running game and probably the worst QB play I have ever seen. I think they will push the rams for 3rd in the division. In my opinion, I think the entire division from top to bottom will only be separated by 2 or 3 games. It's gonna be a flat out war come September. Cant wait!!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New to the forum. Tought I would chime in here for my first post. I have read a lot of posts about the niners, hawks and rams but nobody is talking about the cards. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they will win the division, but they will be very tough. Excellent new head coach, serviceable QB, overhauled running game (love the 2 rb's they drafted) and some sold defensive additions. They were competitive in most of their games last year and that was with no running game and probably the worst QB play I have ever seen. I think they will push the rams for 3rd in the division. In my opinion, I think the entire division from top to bottom will only be separated by 2 or 3 games. It's gonna be a flat out war come September. Cant wait!!

Who would you rather have: the 2012 Arizona QBs (Kolb, Skelton, Lindley), the 2012 Jets QBs (Sanchez, McElroy(?), Tebow), or 2012 Kansas City's QBs (Cassell, Quinn, Stanzi)?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That's a generous statement. They lost eight games by at least seven points, and seven games by 14 or more. The eighth was a 14-point margin against the Vikings until the Cards scored a TD with under two minutes remaining. Their close losses came against the Bills and Jets. The only good team they were competitive with in a loss was the Falcons. I agree they'll be better, but the OL is still something of a mess, and Palmer isn't exactly mobile. I'm not too worried about them, but they won't be pushovers.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention that they were getting killed by the Redskins until RG3 got hurt.

They had no way to stop a healthy RG3 and if it wasn't because of the injury, most likely they would've lost that game.

Actually he was probably at 45% at the start of that game and they couldn't stop him.....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im optimistic about this season and believe we still have a very good team but it just seams like Seattle is poised to knock us off the NFC West Throne. So just give me 1 reason why you think we will repeat as division champs, not saying we wont just have a bad feeling and need some reassurance :)

And happy 4th of July to everyone here :suds:

I think both teams will be successful. I have the Seahawks winning 12 games and taking the division with the Niners winning 11 and getting the wild card. The difference will be in the wide receiver play. The Seahawks' slight edge in that area became a huge one when Crabtree went down for the year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't check the stats, I just seem to remember them hanging around in a lot of games. Point being they have solid talent. Heck, the miners went from average to elite with the simple change of a head coach. They will baTtle the rams for 3 rd.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
42-13 should of been your wake up call.

Seahawks = superior roster, especially at QB, RB, WR, DB, and special teams. With the additions of Avril, Bennett, and Hill its now looking like a push at D line as well.

Younger, taller, & faster.

Uhhhh. Really?

QB - Russell Wilson versus Kaep. PUSH
RB - Marshawn Lynch versus Frank Gore + James and Hunter. 49ERS
WR - Seattle.
DB - Seattle's DBs are so overrated. I'm not saying that they aren't good, I'm just saying that they're not as good as ever Seahawk fan would have the rest of the league believe. I believe that this is a closer contest than most people think. We'll see with the rookie, Reid though.
Special Teams - Who cares?

YOU FORGOT SOME THINGS.

Tight End - 49ers take that position in a landslide. Not even close.
Offensive Line - 49ers own it.
Defensive Line - 49ers might have the best one in the NFL.
Linebackers - Should I even go there? Arguably, the best linebackers in the NFL.

Oh you think that having loud-mouth safeties can make up for a weak D-Line and shoddy linebackers? :laugh3:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Uhhhh. Really?

QB - Russell Wilson versus Kaep. PUSH
RB - Marshawn Lynch versus Frank Gore + James and Hunter. 49ERS
WR - Seattle.
DB - Seattle's DBs are so overrated. I'm not saying that they aren't good, I'm just saying that they're not as good as ever Seahawk fan would have the rest of the league believe. I believe that this is a closer contest than most people think. We'll see with the rookie, Reid though.
Special Teams - Who cares?

YOU FORGOT SOME THINGS.

Tight End - 49ers take that position in a landslide. Not even close.
Offensive Line - 49ers own it.
Defensive Line - 49ers might have the best one in the NFL.
Linebackers - Should I even go there? Arguably, the best linebackers in the NFL.

Oh you think that having loud-mouth safeties can make up for a weak D-Line and shoddy linebackers? :laugh3:

I don't think you're being entirely fair to the hawks.

At rb, they're not just lynch. Turbin looked good last year, and michael has a lot of talent. They may not have the diversity of the Niners at that position, but they have a very good group.

Their LBs are also very good. Wagner was one of the best rookies last year, and wright is good. They aren't in the niners' childclass at that spot, but they should be pretty solid at the least.

Finally, it's the CBs that are loud-mouths. The safeties aren't nearly as bad.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco is the best team in the NFC IMO and Seattle MAY be the 3rd or 4th best. Frankly Seattle wouldnt have even beaten Washington last year if RG3 doesnt go down so Im not quite sure why the HUGE love affair with them. To me SF and Atlanta are both clearly still superior teams especially considering both teams got better in the offseason IMO ( although Seattle did too)

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick is SEVEN inches taller than Wilson.

Pure comedy.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was just an invite for Seahawk fan douchebagery. Here is why the Niners still have the advantage... because they have proven they can do it when the target is on their back. Seattle wasn't supposed to be that good and now nobody is going to be taken by surprise. People love to blow Wilson, but the fact is that Kaepernick had almost the same stats, only half the year and without the first team reps in training camp or 9 games of a season. Kaeps up side is far greater than Wilsons. In fact, I think Wilson reached his upside last season. Seattle has a really good roster so they will obviously battle for the division, but how many times has a team gotten so much better on paper only to fall flat when the season starts? Eagles anyone?

I just want week 2 to get here already so the Niners can shut the Seahawks fans up for a while. Those fans make the early 90s Cowboy fans look like they have a clue. Oh.. you guys made it to a single Superbowl (and lost) in the entirety of your franchise...that's cute.