• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs Predictions

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Atlanta 2 almost solely because I think whoever the Cowboys play in the division round will be playing substantially better than Seattle has been playing. In other words I see a way better chance of Dallas losing to GB OR NYG than I do Atlanta losing to a depleted Seahawks team
Yep this is very true. It all depends on Detroit. If they win you get Gb/NY. :hope:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep this is very true. It all depends on Detroit. If they win you get Gb/NY. :hope:
Yep if Detroit beats Seattle then Dallas has a wayyy better chance of making the SB

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where else this fits but I'm curious why is winning a division the deciding factor of all things? Maybe I have been out of touch since the raiders have missed the playoffs so many years. I get them losing the bye week to Kansas City. But to be playing a road game against a team with 3 more losses just seems out of whack. 7 losses! Clearly the Texans didn't have the better year. Hell even the raiders won the head to head matchup in Mexico.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL is 4th in turnover differential, 5th best record, 2nd in point differential.

The Seahawks, Chargers and Chiefs all gave up a 'big quarter' against ATL where ATL did most of their damage. The scary part about the team is how quickly they can get their points but those teams were able to do enough to win. ATL also laid an egg against the Bucs and Eagles but I'm not sure that indicative of their play. One does wonder if some team could just keep them from having that big quarter and shut their offense down the whole game but I'm not sure anyone has that roster.
There's something to that. There's only been 7 quarters all year where Atlanta didn't score and 2 of those were in games Atlanta was up 4 TD'S. In 41 of their 64 quartets they've scored 7+ but the vast majority of those 3-6 point quarters came in losses. Usually multiple time per game do even when you give up that one big quarter ( as you will ) if you can keep them from getting 2 big quarterst you've got a shot. If you can't you don't

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where else this fits but I'm curious why is winning a division the deciding factor of all things? Maybe I have been out of touch since the raiders have missed the playoffs so many years. I get them losing the bye week to Kansas City. But to be playing a road game against a team with 3 more losses just seems out of whack. 7 losses! Clearly the Texans didn't have the better year. Hell even the raiders won the head to head matchup in Mexico.
I've been saying it for years. They need to reseed based on record after the playoff teams are determined. The division winner should be rewarded with a playoff birth but not a home game if their record is worse than a non-division winner.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what they should do is give the 1 seed the choice of which wild card team they'd like to play. That rewards them for avgreat year more fairly imo and it prevents situations where a 5 or 6 seed may actually be a worse match up for the 1 seed than the 3 or 4 is. Who do you think Dallas would prefer to play? Seattle or the Giants? How about New England? Miami or Houston? We already have your wait often times before we know what the match ups are and letting the 1 seed choose seems to be more fair imo

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Atlanta 2 almost solely because I think whoever the Cowboys play in the division round will be playing substantially better than Seattle has been playing. In other words I see a way better chance of Dallas losing to GB OR NYG than I do Atlanta losing to a depleted Seahawks team

Real tough to beat a good football team 3 times in a season, twice at homes, but Rodgers would scare me. The ATL fans mostly seem to want SEA because of the last game and how they finished. The Hawks remind me of George Foreman at the end...he wasn't always the best fighter, but you never knew if he would land one of those big punches and deck you.

Like I've said, I'm optimistic the Falcons will move on to the NCFCG. They're playing well at the right time of the year...the city wants it badly...we shall see.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FootballOutsiders has a 70% chance that either the Cowboys or the Patriots are going to win it all. Thats like NBA level of top tier right there.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FootballOutsiders has a 70% chance that either the Cowboys or the Patriots are going to win it all. Thats like NBA level of top tier right there.

I remember when the Packers were 15-1. Locked up the #1 seed and were destined for glory until the fuckin G men came to town. Not sure what FO had them ranked but I believe it was higher than 70%

Personally, I do not like the bye week. I can certainly understand how much the extra weeks rest will help the majority of the players but giving them a week off stops any of the momentum they had during the regular season. I say, never take a hungry dog out of the field until you're done hunting.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Packers were 15-1. Locked up the #1 seed and were destined for glory until the fuckin G men came to town. Not sure what FO had them ranked but I believe it was higher than 70%

Personally, I do not like the bye week. I can certainly understand how much the extra weeks rest will help the majority of the players but giving them a week off stops any of the momentum they had during the regular season. I say, never take a hungry dog out of the field until you're done hunting.
It depends on the team. If its a team that has all of its stars healthy then a bye week just adds doom.

I'd imagine everyone in KC fears the bye week. I believe KC has lost its past 2 or 3 home games off a bye week in the playoffs.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hou > Oak
Sea > Det
Mia > PItt
NY > GB

Mia > NE
KC > Hou
Dal > NY
ATL > SEA

Mia >KC
DAL > ATL

Mia > DAL

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dal should be able to chose who they get to play as the #1 seed. I don't see Detroit beating Seattle in Seattle.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wildcard Weekend
AFC

Texans over Raiders
Steelers over Dolphins

NFC
Seahawks over Lions
Packers over Giants

Divisional Round

Pats over Texans
Chiefs over Steelers
Packers over Cowboys
Falcons over Seahawks

Championship Weekend

Pats over Chiefs
Falcons over Packers

Superbowl

Falcons- 38
Pats- 35

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dal should be able to chose who they get to play as the #1 seed. I don't see Detroit beating Seattle in Seattle.
That would add an interesting wrinkle to everything. #1 seed chooses who they want to play. Also gives the team they choose bulletin board material because you think they are not as tough.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wildcard Weekend
AFC

Texans over Raiders
Steelers over Dolphins

NFC
Seahawks over Lions
Packers over Giants

Divisional Round

Pats over Texans
Chiefs over Steelers
Packers over Cowboys
Falcons over Seahawks

Championship Weekend

Pats over Chiefs
Falcons over Packers

Superbowl

Falcons- 38
Pats- 35
I was right there with you until you predicted that SB score

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was right there with you until you predicted that SB score

If I'm betting real money, I'm obviously taking the Pats, but on a message board, might as well go a little homer(Falcons are my second team, Denver isn't in the playoffs)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would add an interesting wrinkle to everything. #1 seed chooses who they want to play. Also gives the team they choose bulletin board material because you think they are not as tough.
Choosing who you play would never happen. But you're right it would be awfully interesting.
Who makes the final decision Owner, GM or coach? Do heads roll if they get spanked by that team?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Potentially, but it doesn't necessarily mean not as tough it just means they believe they match up better.

I think it's only fair if you were the top team in the regular season you should chose the first game between the two teams that advanced. The perfect example is this season as G-men and Packers appear to be far better than the Hawks at this point of the season despite having the lower seed.