• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs Predictions

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all accounts with Atlanta......That's a team that I never have faith in this time of year, and the defense can absolutely be had in a big way

What may be working in their favor this season, is that, other than the Giants (who may not even be there) there doesn't appear to be that defense that should stop them from putting up 27+ every single game......Seattle not being what they once were defensively, I think Atlanta can have their way with them come next round

Yeah, you and a bunch of locals. The prior regime created a lot of uncertainty when it comes to JAN football in ATL. I will say, Quinn has done a decent job of putting his stamp on the team in his 2nd yr. Now it's time to win games in the playoffs and this is the perfect yr to do it.

I just think they are so young on DEF (6 players they count on a lot have 2 yrs or less experience) that it could bite them in the butt next week.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the uncertainty surrounding Atlanta but the truth is the Falcons lost twice to the eventual Champs and twice ( by 4 and 6 points ) to teams who played for the title and were seconds from winning it. Sometimes you lose playoff games. It took Elway 14 years to win a title and some great QBS never won one. You need to be good and a little lucky. I sincerely doubt any if the prior years effect this year's team at all since the vast majority of the team wasn't around for any of them

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the uncertainty surrounding Atlanta but the truth is the Falcons lost twice to the eventual Champs and twice ( by 4 and 6 points ) to teams who played for the title and were seconds from winning it. Sometimes you lose playoff games. It took Elway 14 years to win a title and some great QBS never won one. You need to be good and a little lucky. I sincerely doubt any if the prior years effect this year's team at all since the vast majority of the team wasn't around for any of them

I agree with most all that you say...there were a few games they just were not ready to win...2 pts @ NYG... was one of them...others they were just a little unlucky...SF @ home.

I think Ryan has more of a mental hurdle to get over than anyone else, but he's a mentally tough QB...what concerns me more than anything...the make up of the team is a lot like some of those teams that couldn't get it done...good OFC, so so DEF....best CB down for the count, aside from Vic, they need somebody else (Freeney, Clayborne) to help him out.

I'm optimistic, but not ready to put them in the NFCCG yet.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wildcard

AFC

Texans over Raiders
Steelers over Fins

NFC
Seahawks over Lions
Packers over Giants

Divisional Round

Pats over Texans
Chiefs over Pittsburgh
Packers over Cowboys
Falcons over Seahawks

Championship Weekend

Chiefs over Pats
Falcons over Packers

Superbowl

Chiefs - 23
Falcons - 20

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most all that you say...there were a few games they just were not ready to win...2 pts @ NYG... was one of them...others they were just a little unlucky...SF @ home.

I think Ryan has more of a mental hurdle to get over than anyone else, but he's a mentally tough QB...what concerns me more than anything...the make up of the team is a lot like some of those teams that couldn't get it done...good OFC, so so DEF....best CB down for the count, aside from Vic, they need somebody else (Freeney, Clayborne) to help him out.

I'm optimistic, but not ready to put them in the NFCCG yet.
Yeah I get that. The real difference is this offense is at a whole different level than those other teams. People don't really get how great this offense has been. There's a legitimate argument to be made that they're a top 5 offense in the Super Bowl era and they're without a doubt the a top 8 offense in the last 50 years

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get that. The real difference is this offense is at a whole different level than those other teams. People don't really get how great this offense has been. There's a legitimate argument to be made that they're a top 5 offense in the Super Bowl era and they're without a doubt the a top 8 offense in the last 50 years
The broncos has the greatest offense ever too and they didn't even win a superbowl. The point is great offenses usually falter at some point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...I get that too...I've seen every game this season and clearly it's the most impressive OFC I've seen in a long time. There's not a DEF remaining that will shut them down for 4Qs. As long as they protect Ryan, I'm not concerned about the OFC. But a pick here, fumble there, you never know in the playoffs.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The broncos has the greatest offense ever too and they didn't even win a superbowl. The point is great offenses usually falter at some point.
Sure IF they play a great defense ( like 13 Seattle) or if they play a very good offense with a vastly superior D. Only team like that in the NFL this year is New England and too a far lesser extent Dallas. Those are the only 2 teams that I think can beat Atlanta

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I get that too...I've seen every game this season and clearly it's the most impressive OFC I've seen in a long time. There's not a DEF remaining that will shut them down for 4Qs. As long as they protect Ryan, I'm not concerned about the OFC. But a pick here, fumble there, you never know in the playoffs.
Yep. It's all about protecting the ball. If they're plus in the turnover battle or even even I don't see a team in the NFC that can beat them ( including Dallas ) but turnovers happen like we saw vs KC

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It's all about protecting the ball. If they're plus in the turnover battle or even even I don't see a team in the NFC that can beat them ( including Dallas ) but turnovers happen like we saw vs KC

I'm on board thinking the Falcons can reach the SB, but I also think they can be one and done.

That's a wide net I know, but I think the same thing for DAL, GB, NYG too. The only team I don't think has a real chance to reach the SB from the NFC is maybe DET, winning in SEA is going to be real tough I think.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL is 4th in turnover differential, 5th best record, 2nd in point differential.

The Seahawks, Chargers and Chiefs all gave up a 'big quarter' against ATL where ATL did most of their damage. The scary part about the team is how quickly they can get their points but those teams were able to do enough to win. ATL also laid an egg against the Bucs and Eagles but I'm not sure that indicative of their play. One does wonder if some team could just keep them from having that big quarter and shut their offense down the whole game but I'm not sure anyone has that roster.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that some teams will win while others will lose.

You're welcome.:thumb:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that the 49ers nor Saints will be one of those teams.

I predict that you're going to leave the word 'neither' out of the above sentence.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board thinking the Falcons can reach the SB, but I also think they can be one and done.

That's a wide net I know, but I think the same thing for DAL, GB, NYG too. The only team I don't think has a real chance to reach the SB from the NFC is maybe DET, winning in SEA is going to be real tough I think.
Sure. I mean with the exception of NE I think any team in this playoffs could be one and done. I'm strictly looking at probability based on likely match ups and how teams are currently playing . If I were to rank teams 1-12 in order of how likely they are to reach THE SB I'd go

1. NEW ENGLAND
2. ATLANTA
3. DALLAS
4. KANSAS CITY
5. GREEN BAY
6. PITT
7. SEATTLE
8. GIANTS

9. MIAMI
10. DETROIT

11. HOUSTON
12. OAKLAND

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id probably do the power ranking of reaching the Super Bowl like:

NEW ENGLAND 50%

DALLAS 30%

ATLANTA 24%
KANSAS CITY 23%
PITT 20%

SEATTLE 16%
NYG 15%
GREEN BAY 12%

DETROIT 3%
MIAMI 3%

HOUSTON 2%

OAKLAND 1%

edit - forgot Seattle

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland at 12. Wow. I guess that's a pretty good argument Carr should have been in serious running for MVP.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I mean with the exception of NE I think any team in this playoffs could be one and done. I'm strictly looking at probability based on likely match ups and how teams are currently playing . If I were to rank teams 1-12 in order of how likely they are to reach THE SB I'd go

1. NEW ENGLAND
2. ATLANTA
3. DALLAS
4. KANSAS CITY
5. GREEN BAY
6. PITT
7. SEATTLE
8. GIANTS

9. MIAMI
10. DETROIT

11. HOUSTON
12. OAKLAND

My ranking is similar...not quite as confident with ATL.

1. NE
2. DAL
3. KC
4. ATL
5. PIT
6. GB
7. NYG
8. SEA
9. DET
10. MIA
11. HOU
12. OAK

Obviously they can lose, but imo NE vs HOU or OAK, PIT vs a backup QB, and SEA would be huge upsets if they were one and done.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland at 12. Wow. I guess that's a pretty good argument Carr should have been in serious running for MVP.
He should be but when you lose someone it's not just about who you lost but also about who is replacing them

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ranking is similar...not quite as confident with ATL.

1. NE
2. DAL
3. KC
4. ATL
5. PIT
6. GB
7. NYG
8. SEA
9. DET
10. MIA
11. HOU
12. OAK

Obviously they can lose, but imo NE vs HOU or OAK, PIT vs a backup QB, and SEA would be huge upsets if they were one and done.
I have Atlanta 2 almost solely because I think whoever the Cowboys play in the division round will be playing substantially better than Seattle has been playing. In other words I see a way better chance of Dallas losing to GB OR NYG than I do Atlanta losing to a depleted Seahawks team