• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff scenerios

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we get the much needed bye next week after some VERY physical games in 3 of the last 4 weeks. I really think that the R&R will be helpful but there is always the rust worry.

What I want to look at tis the possible scenerios for the week after the bye with the divisional round.

In the NFL, the #1 seed will host the lowest remaining seed after the wildcard round and the #2 will play the highest remaining seed. (Did this rule change in recent years? I thought that it went by record and not seeding after the first round in the past?)

In any case this means there is ZERO possibility that Seattle will play the Eagles in the divisional round, as they are the highest seeded of the wildcard round teams.

That leaves the following scenerios:

*New Orleans beats Philly: If this happens, then the Saints return to Seattle regardless of the outcome of the other game.

*Philly beats NO: In this case, it will be the winner of the 9ers-Packers game.

So the outcome of the LATE game (starts at 4:10 PST) dictates who the Seahawks will play.

IF Philly beats NO, then we will already know that we play the winner of the early game. SF lucked out in that they get a 1:40 start time instead of a 10 am game.

Best case scenerio for the Seahawks in my opinion would be the Saints and Packers winning next week, with the Saints then coming to Seattle for the divisional. Next best would be Eagles and Packers winning with the Packers coming for the divisional.

So that obviously makes my personal least desirable scenerio is for the Eagles and the 9ers winning next week and the 9ers coming to Seattle for the divisional round. It would be a great game though!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 49ers would be easily the tougher opponent of the three. I think we match up well vs the Packers and Saints. If we end up playing the 49ers/Packers winner, it will be on a short week since we play Saturday so thats a mini advantage.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My preferred scenarios would be

1) Green Bay and Philly wins
- We get Green Bay and while Rodgers is one of the best (of all time in my opinion)...we match up well with their receivers and our pass rush would man handle that o-line. And oh yeah their defense would give Russell and Marshawn an easy day.

27-13 Seahawks over Green Bay if this match up occurs

2) New Orleans and Green Bay wins
- In this scenario we get the Saints and the 49ers get knocked out. I know we dominated the Saints the first time and everyone "wants" the Saints but I will take the cautious approach to this one. I think we match up well with them but expect Drew Brees to muster up some yardage this time around similar to what Brady did against us last year. The key will be holding them to 3 instead of 7 and forcing timely turnovers. Also offensive execution in crunch time.

24-17 Seahawks win a close one over the Saints

3) San Fran and Philly wins
- Of course this is my least favorite scenario and probably San Fran's least favorite scenario as well. We are still without KJ Wright and while Malcolm Smith has been filling in exceptionally well (dare I say playing even better than Bruce Irvin?), we will need KJ to stop gore and to cover Vernon Davis. Teams have had recent success passing the ball on San Fran in the last couple of weeks, but those quarterbacks have good wrs and tight ends and can stand tall in the pocket. Lately Russell hasn't looked supremely confident in the pocket like he was earlier in the year and the latter end of last year.

Not only that but at least once or twice a game Russell makes an almost stupid play either trying to get rid of the ball while being sacked or throwing a jump ball into double coverage almost like a fair catch punt. He's gotten away with a lot of them this year but I have a feeling that if he continues to do that, one of those are going to end up being a crucial turnover or even worse a pick 6 that could cost us a game.

Still though...I will say

20-10 Seahawks win a tough defensive battle (13-10 for most of the game until a late turnover results in short field and Marshawn putting it away with a late fourth quarter td)

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to play NO first but I think I would rather have Philly win only to upset Carolina the following week so we would get Philly at home for a shot at the Superbowl. I really don't wanna face the panthers again. We seem to struggle the most against solid front 7s

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to play NO first but I think I would rather have Philly win only to upset Carolina the following week so we would get Philly at home for a shot at the Superbowl. I really don't wanna face the panthers again. We seem to struggle the most against solid front 7s

Agreed Carolina is tough to estimate on how we will play them.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty confident that NO and SF will win. Packers don't match up well with the Niners and I just have feeling the Saints get it done after watching the Eagles struggle a bit against that terrible Cowboys D. I'm fully expecting a Seattle-SF NFC championship game.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty confident that NO and SF will win. Packers don't match up well with the Niners and I just have feeling the Saints get it done after watching the Eagles struggle a bit against that terrible Cowboys D. I'm fully expecting a Seattle-SF NFC championship game.

a SF/Car game would be pretty exciting to watch. Pretty sure the winner would be limping away in victory too