• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Predictions After Week 6

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots gave the league the key to beating the Chiefs.
The Raiders used the man coverage with four rushers with a spy and beat them

The Bills coach said his defense could win playing zone. Another stupid coaching move.

The Chiefs are going struggle for the remainder of the season unless another coach or two think that they're smarter defensive coaches than Belichick. Chiefs will have to play their best to finish 12-4. Bucs, Saints, Raiders, Chargers will give them fits. I'll predict a big upset right here......

Dolphins 34 Chiefs 21

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think that many teams on the Chiefs schedule can score a lot on the Chiefs to even challenge them, tbh. The Chiefs very quietly have sported an elite pass defense outside of the Raiders disaster and they generally don't turn it over much. If your plan is to drop 8 and pray, um, good luck with that I guess. 58 points through 2 games of that copycat strategy is not a huge endorsement for it though. At some point you have to throw on the Chiefs to win, and only one team has had any meaningful success with it. It has made some good QB's look pretty miserable on this start to the season.

Steelers and Chargers might be the toughest matchups for the Chiefs in the AFC; unlikely to see LA in the playoffs and may or may not be locked in for week 17.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bills coach said his defense could win playing zone. Another stupid coaching move.

The Chiefs are going struggle for the remainder of the season unless another coach or two think that they're smarter defensive coaches than Belichick. Chiefs will have to play their best to finish 12-4. Bucs, Saints, Raiders, Chargers will give them fits. I'll predict a big upset right here......

Dolphins 34 Chiefs 21
Dolphins 34 Chiefs 21

Son, you have Balls the size of Church bells, and I mean Notre Dame ones!!! I respect that!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins 34 Chiefs 21
The thing about playing man against the Chiefs is that you actually have to have some pro bowlers back there in the secondary. Stephon Gilmore's don't grow on trees. If your team has to spy, cover Kelce, cover Tyreek over the top then the Chiefs can just audible to a run.

The issue with the Chiefs offense is that their oline has a bunch of backups right now and Mahomes holds onto the ball. You can get the Chiefs oline to go offsides or hold a number of times a game and that can kill drives. Chiefs special teams is also bad so they dont have good starting position too often. Chiefs secondary also depends on getting jams at the LOS and apparently that gets flagged some, too, and against elite talent they can get beat.

I do think we're one of the favorites but the AFC is deeper this year than before.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that history has a tendency to repeat itself more often than it doesn't.
so, yes, a roster/staff/FO that might have a handful of the same people as 5 years ago is influenced by the team from 5 years ago? uh....ok.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just my opinion on the Browns. I am not confident on the Browns, I'm not high on the Browns. Didn't know that this was such a crime to judge a team based off of what you've seen from them over the last few years and especially last year and this year.
you judged them off of their games played when I'm not sure even a handful of people in the entire organization are the same. Would be almost as silly as thinking their nice run in the late 80s or even their dominance in the 50s and 60s would matter now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally forgot that it doesn't matter what was done in the past, it just matters what has happened this year. Man I've been thinking about football all wrong! Thanks for pointing me in the better direction guys!

All joking aside, we'll see come the end of the season who was right and who was wrong. Can they compete for a WC spot? Sure. But they aren't going to get it playing the way they are playing.

The Browns have one of the worst defenses in the league, 30th in PPG allowed, bottom 10 in passing TDs allowed, passing yards allowed, 39% on 3rd down conversions. I mean what else do I need to say? I've laid everything out, distant past, recent past and present. Without being a fortune teller, IDK what else I gotta say.
Not even sure anyone is saying that picking them not to be a WC is off base. Your reasoning was just without any merit. would have been better off just going with what you said at the end of the post to which I am responding.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think that many teams on the Chiefs schedule can score a lot on the Chiefs to even challenge them, tbh. The Chiefs very quietly have sported an elite pass defense outside of the Raiders disaster and they generally don't turn it over much. If your plan is to drop 8 and pray, um, good luck with that I guess. 58 points through 2 games of that copycat strategy is not a huge endorsement for it though. At some point you have to throw on the Chiefs to win, and only one team has had any meaningful success with it. It has made some good QB's look pretty miserable on this start to the season.

Steelers and Chargers might be the toughest matchups for the Chiefs in the AFC; unlikely to see LA in the playoffs and may or may not be locked in for week 17.
Toughest matchups for the Chiefs are basically any team with a good, balanced offense. Chiefs shut down the Ravens, Bills, and Patriots but none of them have what I would call a balanced offense. Chargers aren't all that balanced right now, either.

Steelers, Titans, Raiders. Maybe if Baker finds another gear then I'd add the Browns.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's all you think my reasoning was, then you didn't read anything that I actually said. I've outlined their distant past (losses to Bengals and Eagles), their recent past (3 road losses last year to sub .500 teams) and their current present (1-2 on the road, doesn't play well against actually good teams and Baker's injuries). So it sounds like you just didn't read everything I said and still came at me with some half assed attempt at a debate.

Like I said, if you don't agree, that's fine. But read everything I say instead of just reading maybe 1/3rd of what I said. Let's agree to disagree and revisit this at the end of the year and see what's happened.

Was does the 1-15, 2016 Browns losing to the Eagles have anything to do with what will happen this year? That's the dumbest shit I've heard in a long time. Like I said your reasoning, overall is pretty dumb.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally forgot that it doesn't matter what was done in the past, it just matters what has happened this year. Man I've been thinking about football all wrong! Thanks for pointing me in the better direction guys!

All joking aside, we'll see come the end of the season who was right and who was wrong. Can they compete for a WC spot? Sure. But they aren't going to get it playing the way they are playing.

The Browns have one of the worst defenses in the league, 30th in PPG allowed, bottom 10 in passing TDs allowed, passing yards allowed, 39% on 3rd down conversions. I mean what else do I need to say? I've laid everything out, distant past, recent past and present. Without being a fortune teller, IDK what else I gotta say.

If they keep playing the way they are playing, they are going to get it. Because they beat bad teams and lose to good/great teams. They also will have the tiebreaker over the colts if it comes down to it because they beat them head to head.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol... "Zone" you say... It's just about execution, right Coach T?

tenor.gif

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. But I think I want the Cards in the NFC list somewhere, likely over the Rams.

AFC has come a loooong way in just 1-2 years. Seems like the NFC teams are a little more volatile now.
Yeah, that last seed is a bit of a toss-up but I think the Rams may just do enough. I like the Cards though too but this next few weeks will tell us a lot more. Rams could beat Seattle and Cards and Hawks could split or anything can happen. Hell, Niners could get back in the mix although they have a bit of an uphill battle.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What wins the NFC east? 6 wins?
Statiscally I’ve seen 6-7 wins as the most likely probable outcome as of this week, but as low as 3 wins (highly improbable) could possibly result. Historically bad results likely.

Part of the equation is the divisions the NFCE is facing and the resulting strength of schedule, then you have to factor in the critical injuries amassed within the NFCE and just overall lack of talent on the teams.

And voila, bad...really bad.

Last edited:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statiscally I’ve seen 6-7 wins as the most likely probable outcome as of this week, but as low as 3 wins (highly improbable) could possibly result. Historically bad results likely.

Part of the equation is the divisions the NFCE is facing and the resulting strength of schedule, then you have to factor in the critical injuries amassed within the NFCE and just overall lack of talent on the teams.

And voila, bad...really bad.

If the division beats each other up I can definitely see 5/6 wins winning the division. If Washington beats the Cowboys this weekend things will get really interesting. I just don't see the division winning many games outside of the division given who has to play who.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the division beats each other up I can definitely see 5/6 wins winning the division. If Washington beats the Cowboys this weekend things will get really interesting. I just don't see the division winning many games outside of the division given who has to play who.
I think the Eagles have the best shot. I think they could potentially sweep their division games and if they get on a roll thanks to the Giants and Boys in the next 3 games could potentially sneak out an extra win or possibly even 2 if they catch a team with their pants down or injuries. Of course, Carson has to get his head right as well. He at least avoided throwing a pick vs. the Ravens.