• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Predictions After Week 6

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine if you don't think they are a playoff team, just use better reasoning next time.
I've used the reasoning that I have which goes more in depth than what your reasoning does, which is that "they play 5 trash teams the rest of the way", which is fine, but there's a lot more insight than just what's on paper. You don't see me critiquing your shitty reasoning. Keep it classy, San Diego. Let's have a discussion or let's agree to disagree.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've used the reasoning that I have which goes more in depth than what your reasoning does, which is that "they play 5 trash teams the rest of the way", which is fine, but there's a lot more insight than just what's on paper. You don't see me critiquing your shitty reasoning. Keep it classy, San Diego. Let's have a discussion or let's agree to disagree.

You're reasoning was, "did you see how they played against an actual good team". And then bought up that the Browns haven't beaten the Eagles since 1994 or whatever. You think that's good reasoning? Lol. And then you basically say anything can happen. Wow. Great thoughtful stuff. We are 40 percent through the season. The Browns can't beat elite teams and haven't beaten bad/average teams. They have a lot of remaining games against bad/average teams. If they perform how they have thus far, they are going to get 9/10 wins just because the schedule is that shitty.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're reasoning was, "did you see how they played against an actual good team". And then bought up that the Browns haven't beaten the Eagles since 1994 or whatever. You think that's good reasoning? Lol. And then you basically say anything can happen. Wow. Great thoughtful stuff. We are 40 percent through the season. The Browns can't beat elite teams and haven't beaten bad/average teams. They have a lot of remaining games against bad/average teams. If they perform how they have thus far, they are going to get 9/10 wins just because the schedule is that shitty.
If that's all you think my reasoning was, then you didn't read anything that I actually said. I've outlined their distant past (losses to Bengals and Eagles), their recent past (3 road losses last year to sub .500 teams) and their current present (1-2 on the road, doesn't play well against actually good teams and Baker's injuries). So it sounds like you just didn't read everything I said and still came at me with some half assed attempt at a debate.

Like I said, if you don't agree, that's fine. But read everything I say instead of just reading maybe 1/3rd of what I said. Let's agree to disagree and revisit this at the end of the year and see what's happened.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, a possibility I kind of had in the nether regions of the AFC is if the Dolphins actually win the East because Tua is good and doesn't have crap the bed performances like Fitz is prone to do.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, a possibility I kind of had in the nether regions of the AFC is if the Dolphins actually win the East because Tua is good and doesn't have crap the bed performances like Fitz is prone to do.
They are better than I thought they would be at this point. They do have a tough schedule the rest of the way though. Rams and Arizona right after the BYE week and the last 4 games are against the Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders and Bills. I don't see Miami making the playoffs but this is a promising start. I can see them going 6-10, 7-9 at best.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit happens that people don't predict. Did anyone expect the Raiders to beat the Chiefs? Anyone think The Dolphins would be 3-3 right now, 2nd in the AFC East? Did anyone besides me think the Texans would be 1-5 right now? Did anyone think the Bears would be 5-1 right now? How about the Cardinals being 4-2? I don't think so. I don't have confidence in the Jags to do anything but anything can happen on Gameday and the Browns are known for losing to crap teams. Last year, they lost to the 7-9 Jets, 5-10-1 Broncos and the 2-14 Bengals. Nothing has changed between last year and this year. Currently, they are 3-0 at home and 1-3 on the road. 5 games in each remaining on their schedule. I just don't see it happening.

Yeah of course, shit happens but you are acting like the Jags are a good team. They aren't....upset picks happen but the reasoning behind it isn't good. The Jags don't have any toss-up games unless they are playing a bad team, the Browns aren't a toss up game so you are going off the limb with that pick drastically. Like I said before, the Browns are not a SB contending team, they are a good team when healthy...but they aren't a bad team bc they got blown out by Pittsburgh.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins, generally speaking, made a lot of moves in the offseason and the Patriots are just too inconsistent. Its just hard for me to see Tua coming in against the Rams, Broncos and Chargers. I feel like those are some teams that can punish a rookie QB. Welcome to the NFL, here is Aaron Donald. :rip:

People talk about not blitzing Mahomes as some sort of panacea but the Chiefs have shown that they'll run the ball all day if you let them. Can the Bills do the same? It seems like playing soft on Josh Allen with a spy counters his playstyle fairly well. If the Bills can't pound the ball (footballoutsiders has them as the worst rushing team) then I could see them falling out of the AFC race.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the Browns/Steelers game Sunday? Did you see how Cleveland played against an actual good team? They got exposed on offense. No way they are a playoff team yet.
Ok...you mean like Bills have played against "actual good teams"?

Not sure if Browns make it, but keep beating avg/below avg teams and they will.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals are 8-2 at home against the Browns in the last 10 matchups. A win in Cincy isn't a guarantee for the Browns. I say that's a surprise upset by Cincy. 4-3.
Then the Raiders, 3 Ls in a row, now at 4-4 at the BYE week.
Houston is a toss up, but I give the edge to Houston, 4-5
The Browns haven't beaten the Eagles since 1994 and haven't beaten them in Cleveland since 1988, but I think that streak breaks. 5-5.
Jacksonville is a toss-up, in my opinion but I give the edge to Cleveland. 6-5.
Tennessee. 6-6.
Baltimore. 6-7.
Giants. Dat's a win. 7-7.
Jets. Dat's a win. 8-7.
Pittsburgh to end it with the division potentially in play. 8-8.

If the Jacksonville, Giants and/or Jets game ends up going the opposite way, which is a real possibility, the Browns have a losing season once again after many of y'all cement them as a playoff team. Also, if Baker is hurt and it lingers as much as it looks like it's going to, their backup QB is Case Keenum. No confidence right now in them making the playoffs.

Remember when many people gave them the Super Bowl last year. LMAO!
And suppose one of the losses you gave them goes the other way?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit happens that people don't predict. Did anyone expect the Raiders to beat the Chiefs? Anyone think The Dolphins would be 3-3 right now, 2nd in the AFC East? Did anyone besides me think the Texans would be 1-5 right now? Did anyone think the Bears would be 5-1 right now? How about the Cardinals being 4-2? I don't think so. I don't have confidence in the Jags to do anything but anything can happen on Gameday and the Browns are known for losing to crap teams. Last year, they lost to the 7-9 Jets, 5-10-1 Broncos and the 2-14 Bengals. Nothing has changed between last year and this year. Currently, they are 3-0 at home and 1-3 on the road. 5 games in each remaining on their schedule. I just don't see it happening.
Agree shit happens and there have been some crazy results...but for some reason you only seem to think shit will happen against the Browns and for some bad teams.

Nothing has changed?

1603217040415.png

Attachments

• 1603216994881.png
    1603216994881.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...you mean like Bills have played against "actual good teams"?

Not sure if Browns make it, but keep beating avg/below avg teams and they will.

Agreed. The browns schedule is favorable. I have them competing for a WC spot

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think a game played 5 years ago when maybe a handful of the same players/staff is still in Cleveland matters this season? Hell, the OC in Cinci for those games has come and gone here as our HC.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah of course, shit happens but you are acting like the Jags are a good team. They aren't....upset picks happen but the reasoning behind it isn't good. The Jags don't have any toss-up games unless they are playing a bad team, the Browns aren't a toss up game so you are going off the limb with that pick drastically. Like I said before, the Browns are not a SB contending team, they are a good team when healthy...but they aren't a bad team bc they got blown out by Pittsburgh.
Right....The NFL is crazy, and stuff happens every week that defies logic. SF gets absolutely clobbered by Miami, then beats the Rams. MN had Seattle beat, then get clobbered by Atlanta. TB looks like garbage against Chicago, then dominate GB, who looked like a top 2-3 team.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think a game played 5 years ago when maybe a handful of the same players/staff is still in Cleveland matters this season? Hell, the OC in Cinci for those games has come and gone here as our HC.
I think that history has a tendency to repeat itself more often than it doesn't.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The browns schedule is favorable. I have them competing for a WC spot
Competing, yes. Of course. But getting it and competing for it is a different discussion.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree shit happens and there have been some crazy results...but for some reason you only seem to think shit will happen against the Browns and for some bad teams.

Nothing has changed?

View attachment 256284
It's just my opinion on the Browns. I am not confident on the Browns, I'm not high on the Browns. Didn't know that this was such a crime to judge a team based off of what you've seen from them over the last few years and especially last year and this year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally forgot that it doesn't matter what was done in the past, it just matters what has happened this year. Man I've been thinking about football all wrong! Thanks for pointing me in the better direction guys!

All joking aside, we'll see come the end of the season who was right and who was wrong. Can they compete for a WC spot? Sure. But they aren't going to get it playing the way they are playing.

The Browns have one of the worst defenses in the league, 30th in PPG allowed, bottom 10 in passing TDs allowed, passing yards allowed, 39% on 3rd down conversions. I mean what else do I need to say? I've laid everything out, distant past, recent past and present. Without being a fortune teller, IDK what else I gotta say.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the ones that want to say the Browns haven't beaten anyone they put up 32 points against the 4-2 Colts. At the time of the game their D was # 1 in the league. Right now their D is 3rd in the league.

But they still have alotta work to do. Getting crushed by a combined score of 76-13 when they played the Ravens & Steelers is proof of that. Just glad Freddie isn't around anymore. If he was they would be 1-5 or 2-4 right now.