• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Picture

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff Picture (NFL.com)

I was going under the assumption that the 49ers would get the Saints in the Divisional Round, but with them having to go up against the Falcons in the Wildcard game... I'd say it's more than possible that the Falcons win, and the 49ers will get a rematch with either the Lions or Giants.

To me, it doesn't really matter which of the three the 49ers face. They're all very good teams who can easily beat the 49ers if the 49ers fuck up. I don't see many advantages of playing any of them.

The best advantage is that every possible opponent is making a cross-country flight to come play at the Stick... after what will likely be an exhausting and highly-contested wildcard game.

BTW, I'm also going under the assumption that the refs help Green Bay out and cover up their injuries at offensive tackle and let their 3rd or 4th string tackle hold like crazy to subdue the vicious Bears and Lions passrush. Thus, the 49ers finish with the #2 seed in the playoffs.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would want to play the Giants out of those 3 teams. The Lions have Megatron and if he goes off we are screwed. The Saints are the best team in football right now, in my opinion. But the Giants constantly shoot themselves in the foot. And Eli was making throws that first game that were pretty incredible. Not sure he makes all those same throws again.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the Lions are a young team that we could probably rattle. They might not be a bad team to play.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We took them (Det) out in Detroit during the regular season so they would be coming with a chip on their shoulder. It would be the first PO appearance in a while for both teams but being that its at the stick I would say the Niners hold advantage.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I was going under the assumption that the 49ers would get the Saints in the Divisional Round, but with them having to go up against the Falcons in the Wildcard game... I'd say it's more than possible that the Falcons win, and the 49ers will get a rematch with either the Lions or Giants.

To me, it doesn't really matter which of the three the 49ers face. They're all very good teams who can easily beat the 49ers if the 49ers fuck up. I don't see many advantages of playing any of them.

The best advantage is that every possible opponent is making a cross-country flight to come play at the Stick... after what will likely be an exhausting and highly-contested wildcard game.

BTW, I'm also going under the assumption that the refs help Green Bay out and cover up their injuries at offensive tackle and let their 3rd or 4th string tackle hold like crazy to subdue the vicious Bears and Lions passrush. Thus, the 49ers finish with the #2 seed in the playoffs.

I think the Giants will beat the Lions and the Saints will beat the Falcons. Green Bay then gets the Giants and beats them easily. The Saints-Niners game will be much more interesting. The Saints are clearly the superior team but the Niners get to play at home, get two weeks rest and get to play a tired Saints team coming off a tough playoff game that had to come 3,000 miles to play them. I bet this will be a much closer game than people think and a victory, though far fetched, is not out of the question for the Niners.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on whoever... if we want to win it all, we got to beat them all.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bring on whoever... if we want to win it all, we got to beat them all.

yep, we can evaluate all we want on paper, but they're all play-off teams for a reason.

winning is much more about the 49ers playing good games, not what the opponents are about.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Saints in their house would be a scary match up for us but Saints in our house I like our chances.

Remember we played the Saints pretty tough last year in a game we could've easily won and granted they are a better team this season but we are too. Why I like our chances is that our defense is good enough to slow the Saints down combined with Gore with extra rest being able to run against the Saints porous run defense and eat up the clock and gain big yardage.

Giants are a tough team to gauge because they are so way up and down so you'll never know who you'll get.

Detroit is the same way but really the way we beat them before is going to carry over to how we would play them again and we'll have the edge over them with being at home with a week off.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saints in their house would be a scary match up for us but Saints in our house I like our chances.

Remember we played the Saints pretty tough last year in a game we could've easily won and granted they are a better team this season but we are too. Why I like our chances is that our defense is good enough to slow the Saints down combined with Gore with extra rest being able to run against the Saints porous run defense and eat up the clock and gain big yardage.

Giants are a tough team to gauge because they are so way up and down so you'll never know who you'll get.

Detroit is the same way but really the way we beat them before is going to carry over to how we would play them again and we'll have the edge over them with being at home with a week off.

The one problem with this scenario in my mind is that any team that is determined to do so can stop the run by loading up the box. This is what I think the Saints will do because they know what the 49ers want to do. They'll shut down the run and try to make Alex Smith beat them. So I think it will come down to how well Alex Smith plays.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The one problem with this scenario in my mind is that any team that is determined to do so can stop the run by loading up the box. This is what I think the Saints will do because they know what the 49ers want to do. They'll shut down the run and try to make Alex Smith beat them. So I think it will come down to how well Alex Smith plays.

doesn't it always come down to Alex Smith?

since about mid season, which team hasn't tried this approach?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what teams have been doing all season.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't it always come down to Alex Smith?

since about mid season, which team hasn't tried this approach?

Even before mid season. There was a report to come out after the 4th or 5th game I believe that had Gore as the 2nd most RB to see 8 man boxes in the NFL.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even before mid season. There was a report to come out after the 4th or 5th game I believe that had Gore as the 2nd most RB to see 8 man boxes in the NFL.

not surprised.

not saying "let them try" and we'll just keep winning. its a different level come play-off time. but no surprise thats the defensive game plan.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure that NO can't face ATL in the first round of the playoffs; there's a rule against divisional opponents in that round unless I'm misremembering. Thus, ATL would play the Giants and Detroit would play the Saints. I could see the Falcons winning in the Meadowlands. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that the Lions beat the Saints in Louisiana either.

However, I think we'll get the Saints here in the second round and the Pack will get either the Giants or the Falcons at Lambeau.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We took them (Det) out in Detroit during the regular season so they would be coming with a chip on their shoulder. It would be the first PO appearance in a while for both teams but being that its at the stick I would say the Niners hold advantage.

suh is anthony davis' bitch. they don't have a chance

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that NO can't face ATL in the first round of the playoffs; there's a rule against divisional opponents in that round unless I'm misremembering. Thus, ATL would play the Giants and Detroit would play the Saints. I could see the Falcons winning in the Meadowlands. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that the Lions beat the Saints in Louisiana either.

However, I think we'll get the Saints here in the second round and the Pack will get either the Giants or the Falcons at Lambeau.

honestly i haven't heard of that rule about division opponents not facing each other(baseball there is with wild card vs div winner).

3 v 6, 4 v 5

So ATM, its NO vs Det, NYG vs ATL...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly i haven't heard of that rule about division opponents not facing each other(baseball there is with wild card vs div winner).

3 v 6, 4 v 5

So ATM, its NO vs Det, NYG vs ATL...

That NFL.com link says Atlanta is the 6th seed. Unless you're some kind of gypsy witch who knows the future and that Atlanta is going to win tonight and become the 5th seed??

Do you weigh as much as a duck??
Or, have you turned anyone into a newt lately??
Burn the witch!!
:lol:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That NFL.com link says Atlanta is the 6th seed. Unless you're some kind of gypsy witch who knows the future and that Atlanta is going to win tonight and become the 5th seed??

Do you weigh as much as a duck??
Or, have you turned anyone into a newt lately??
Burn the witch!!
:lol:

:juggle:

:minion: