• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Picture

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would want to play the Giants out of those 3 teams. The Lions have Megatron and if he goes off we are screwed. The Saints are the best team in football right now, in my opinion. But the Giants constantly shoot themselves in the foot. And Eli was making throws that first game that were pretty incredible. Not sure he makes all those same throws again.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the Lions are a young team that we could probably rattle. They might not be a bad team to play.

Yeah, I don't want the Lions. Megatron killed the 49ers, they just got lucky that the Lions fell into the trap of avoiding him in their many redzone attempts. Plus, with a gimpy Willis... the same gameplan won't work this time, Pettigrew will probably actually get the 3 TDs this time around instead of the 1 TD and two missed thanks to Willis and his coverage. (and some luck of Stafford missing Pettigrew, but maybe Willis bumped him off that route and Pettigrew didn't get to where Stafford expected him to be)

I don't think Detroit would be dumb enough to stay away from Megatron in the redzone this time around. That is the matchup that I dislike the most, thanks to the VP's injury.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a given, but for the sake of the thread what are your thoughts on the matchups??

matchups wise, well

NO - Obviously avoid at all costs lol... they're beatable IMO, but our units on both sides need to play top ball without a moment of lapse. If our CBs decide to make it easy and not disrupt the WRs then its a long game plus our pass rush needs to rattle Brees. I'd like to see Willis and Bowman go out to the flats to cover the out of the backfield outlets which would most likely happen.

Offensively, i feel we can move the chains against them. Nothing special at all with their unit, opportunistic they are but nothing that should make our boys sweat at this point in the season. However, Harbs/Roman/Alex must gameplan at the all out or overload blitzes cause one counter to a hot route will instantly burn the saints and help fend off any further overloading IMO.

Det - While currently "hot," we played them strong and hard at their first hot streak in their place. With this team being more dimensional and their OL suspect, we can really get into their heads and backfields easier than the other teams IMO. We can slow Megatron down, and force Strafford into TO potential situations. I welcome this matchup easily(after our performance in the reg season(had we never played, differ opinion))

ATL - hot/cold, don't know who'll show up. But I do not like our matchup with TWO playmakers at WR in JJ and RW. Those are a duo I'm not exactly fond of playing against considering they can win their matchups(now i said megatron can be slow vs det, however there's no other WR opposite of him that will burn us if we double up). I like Coach Smith and his gameplans against us, he knows how to attack us however he hasn't played a Harbaugh led group so who knows?

NYG/Dal - nothing scares me about either of them. I feel they're so underwhelming and while having an arsenal to win games, they just dont come through nor hold on. Both Eli and Romo like the big plays which we may give up so that's a position to consider, but their OL should not hold up(base on season play) vs our Pass Rush(if improved).

so I'd take Det, NYG/DAL, ATL & NO in that order....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly i haven't heard of that rule about division opponents not facing each other(baseball there is with wild card vs div winner).

3 v 6, 4 v 5

So ATM, its NO vs Det, NYG vs ATL...

Hmmm...I may be misremembering here. Now I'm not sure.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I feel like there's a 90% chance we are gonna get NO at home.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like there's a 90% chance we are gonna get NO at home.

Yeah, after tonight. I feel like an idiot for doubting that possibility.

Here's a cup of salt...

I'll get all emo and cut myself... feel free to pour....

dick (sarcastic smirk)... in case that was missed

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA ha...You're on a roll tonight, Three!...

When you make a stupid post like, I did, all you can do is roll with the punches

Ha Ha.

It seemed plausible with how the first match-up went down... but now I look like a mouth-breathing idiot... thanks to Brees.

*cough*cough* as another fly collides with my uvula

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When you make a stupid post like, I did, all you can do is roll with the punches

Ha Ha.

It seemed plausible with how the first match-up went down... but now I look like a mouth-breathing idiot... thanks to Brees.

*cough*cough* as another fly collides with my uvula

Nah, credibility still intact my friend...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, credibility still intact my friend...

All jokes aside.

These Saints seem a lot tougher than than last year's Saints. I don't know how they choked in Seattle... guess it was that Super Bowl slump... but they won't choke at Candlestick. The 49ers defense better bring it's A-game, because anything less than their best leads to a 38-19 win for the Saints.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All jokes aside.

These Saints seem a lot tougher than than last year's Saints. I don't know how they choked in Seattle... guess it was that Super Bowl slump... but they won't choke at Candlestick. The 49ers defense better bring it's A-game, because anything less than their best leads to a 38-19 win for the Saints.

Yeah, thus far our defense has adaeuately compensated for our offense, in the playoffs, however, that wont be enough. If we can't find more offense to help out our defense we'll be one-and-done by half time.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Saints are a bit overrated and I don't completely buy into them like a lot of people are right now. Don't get me wrong they are a great team but they are only scary inside a dome.

They are just looking really awesome right now because 5 of their 6 past games have been inside a dome and that one non dome game was against the Titans which was 22-17 in a game where the Titans lost their starting QB and the Titans almost won at the last second.

Outside the dome they typically under the 30 point mark and don't necessarily do extremely well against good defenses there either.

Which is why getting the 2nd round bye is crucial and making them come to the Stick to play and not their dome.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Jikkle and I'd say the chances of drawing the Saint's 2nd round is 100% chance. This could be a really good thing though, maybe if we can beat them it would give them confidence to go into Green Bay and squeek one out. You never know.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints look good cause no one plays defense anymore!!! lol....

nah, there were great matchups for the saints and poor adjustments by the ATL(in this case) defense. Got to get to Brees, Aldon and Justin need to shake Brees up a lot.

they're beatable, definitely but its no easy task, give the WRs of NO time to break off their routes, they'll burn us.

I feel we need to bitch slap them around(even if it draws a flag or 2)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw what they did to Atlanta so I'll go with Detroit.

Eh, its still Atlanta. Falcons have won 3 of the last 5 in New Orleans. Last nite was a blowout because Atlanta didnt convert when they had opportunities and had the TO returned for a TD. game could have easily been 38-35 or something of that ilk. Detroit is really good though. Honestly I dont see either of them beating NO at NO.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, its still Atlanta. Falcons have won 3 of the last 5 in New Orleans. Last nite was a blowout because Atlanta didnt convert when they had opportunities and had the TO returned for a TD. game could have easily been 38-35 or something of that ilk. Detroit is really good though. Honestly I dont see either of them beating NO at NO.

I feel ATL is more rounded as a team vs Det, but Detroit's offense is much more scary vs the Saints than the falcons.

I think detroit's defense will fail outside of the front 4 so i would give ATL the nod due to experience and a more rounded team.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel ATL is more rounded as a team vs Det, but Detroit's offense is much more scary vs the Saints than the falcons.

I think detroit's defense will fail outside of the front 4 so i would give ATL the nod due to experience and a more rounded team.

Pretty much how I feel. neither team has a great shot IMO. Atlanta got away from the run game last night for some reason. If they stick to the ground game and open up the play action passes that will keep them close enough to maybe make a play or two at the end to get a win but NO will be a double digit favorite versus either team.