• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Picture

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yes, that is true. So consider how bad they are going to get with a trophy in recent history. I don't think there will be useful synonyms for obnoxious in the dictionary for how they will be.
You think Dodger fans are bad? Try Dodger/Laker fans...

Fuggetaboutit.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Dodger fans are bad? Try Dodger/Laker fans...

Fuggetaboutit.
I think I've shared this story many years ago, but I'll share it again. I'm not very big into the NBA, never have been. When I got married, my wife was a big Lakers' fan. Growing up in Fresno, I was nominally a Kings' fan. But baseball was my thing and basketball was her thing. So we decided that I would root for her basketball team and she would root for my baseball team. I got into the Lakers for a bit in the early 00s and found that I could name more Laker players than she could. She was more about the memories of watching the Lakers with her father in the 80s than she was about rooting for and following the team as an adult. I stopped following the Lakers about 15 years ago and now neither of us can name a player, outside of Lebron James, on the team.
I share all of that to set up what my wife said last night. She asked me if I was on social media following the game (I intentionally stayed off because, living in so Cal, I have many Dodger fans). She than proceeded to tell me that it was hard for her to not like memes and posts being made about the Dodgers/Lakers championships this year. I quickly reminded her of the deal that she has often reminded me that we made when we got married. She got a little annoyed because she was trying to tell me it was hard for her because she loves the Lakers but didn't want to like Dodger posts. I was a little suspicious and was ready to instantly become a Warriors and/or Kings fan in a moment's notice if she was going to profess love for the Dodgers. I think that was the closest she's ever come to going there. Not bad for 21 years of marriage.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate seeing the dodgers take the series I also hope that FZ was the key to their overall success. They have won 8 straight divisional titles. They have been built for both success and longevity. They seem to be a team built for the long haul. 162 games. They have been there 8 straight years. Didn't help in the playoffs but sure figured into them making the playoffs. I hope he can put a similar architecture in place for us as we start moving forward. But I'm not sure if it was FZ or Dodger management that built that team. I want to see us in the same position in the next 2 years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facebook is reminding me how great life was 8 years ago yesterday and 6 years ago today. Man, MadBum was amazing in that game!
Boch was stupid not to pull him after the 6th in favor of Machi. Boch should never get into the hall because how he messed up that game.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've shared this story many years ago, but I'll share it again. I'm not very big into the NBA, never have been. When I got married, my wife was a big Lakers' fan. Growing up in Fresno, I was nominally a Kings' fan. But baseball was my thing and basketball was her thing. So we decided that I would root for her basketball team and she would root for my baseball team. I got into the Lakers for a bit in the early 00s and found that I could name more Laker players than she could. She was more about the memories of watching the Lakers with her father in the 80s than she was about rooting for and following the team as an adult. I stopped following the Lakers about 15 years ago and now neither of us can name a player, outside of Lebron James, on the team.
I share all of that to set up what my wife said last night. She asked me if I was on social media following the game (I intentionally stayed off because, living in so Cal, I have many Dodger fans). She than proceeded to tell me that it was hard for her to not like memes and posts being made about the Dodgers/Lakers championships this year. I quickly reminded her of the deal that she has often reminded me that we made when we got married. She got a little annoyed because she was trying to tell me it was hard for her because she loves the Lakers but didn't want to like Dodger posts. I was a little suspicious and was ready to instantly become a Warriors and/or Kings fan in a moment's notice if she was going to profess love for the Dodgers. I think that was the closest she's ever come to going there. Not bad for 21 years of marriage.

LOL. Sounds like you were ready to jump into the arms of a new lover (the Warriors or Kings) if she had she cheated on you with the Dodgers.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Sounds like you were ready to jump into the arms of a new lover (the Warriors or Kings) if she had she cheated on you with the Dodgers.
When she was trying to tell me about these memes she was seeing, I initially misunderstood what she was trying to say. At first, I thought she wanted to like Dodger memes. As we talked, I realized she meant it was hard to not like memes that celebrated the Lakers championship but she resisted because they were also about the Dodgers. I wasn't about to honor my part of the deal if she went back on hers (especially since it was her idea to begin with) but I should know better. She is unusual among women in that she doesn't go back on her word when it suits her. She may not care about baseball but she is determined to NOT be a Dodger fan.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When she was trying to tell me about these memes she was seeing, I initially misunderstood what she was trying to say. At first, I thought she wanted to like Dodger memes. As we talked, I realized she meant it was hard to not like memes that celebrated the Lakers championship but she resisted because they were also about the Dodgers. I wasn't about to honor my part of the deal if she went back on hers (especially since it was her idea to begin with) but I should know better. She is unusual among women in that she doesn't go back on her word when it suits her. She may not care about baseball but she is determined to NOT be a Dodger fan.

My wife was born and raised in LA, but she never cared about sports until she met me. I've converted her to the Warriors and the Niners, but I don't think there's anything I can do to make her like baseball.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife was born and raised in LA, but she never cared about sports until she met me. I've converted her to the Warriors and the Niners, but I don't think there's anything I can do to make her like baseball.
Women. They don't know what they are missing with baseball.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Women. They don't know what they are missing with baseball.

e645f4e0-9d11-11e9-8bb9-6c21d59797f7