• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff GDT: Saints at 49ers - 1/14/12

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost my voice in the second quarter...that was the loudest I've heard the Stick in 20 years. My section was INSANELY loud.

Two observations: this was not a great defensive effort; those last two Saint TDs were both big plays caused by poor defense -- the first Goldson taking a poor coverage route on Sproles and the second Witner deciding to go for the ball instead of securing the TE. Horrrrrrrrrrrible D. However, this time the Offense bailed them out.

I've got to believe Nolan dropped 100+ diaper loads on that Niner GDT....

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost my voice in the second quarter...that was the loudest I've heard the Stick in 20 years. My section was INSANELY loud.

Two observations: this was not a great defensive effort; those last two Saint TDs were both big plays caused by poor defense -- the first Goldson taking a poor coverage route on Sproles and the second Witner deciding to go for the ball instead of securing the TE. Horrrrrrrrrrrible D. However, this time the Offense bailed them out.

I think the official count was 219 times, 38% of which were when the 49ers were ahead by at least 10 points....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell yes it was.

Anyone else like Vernon doing Jimmy Grahams signature touchdown dunk through the goal post? show that muh'fucka who the best TE in the league truely is.

Without a doubt, the greatest game I've ever been to. Many heart attacks were had.

side note, while tailgating, a guy came walking by with this huge sign that said "Jesus will return, look to him to save you" and had a bunch of bible quotes. The people tailgating across from us started chanting Tebow sucks.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes it was.

Anyone else like Vernon doing Jimmy Grahams signature touchdown dunk through the goal post? show that muh'fucka who the best TE in the league truely is.

Without a doubt, the greatest game I've ever been to. Many heart attacks were had.

side note, while tailgating, a guy came walking by with this huge sign that said "Jesus will return, look to him to save you" and had a bunch of bible quotes. The people tailgating across from us started chanting Tebow sucks.

It felt a lot like the Catch 2 game vs. GB...same type of vibe. I was at The Catch vs. the cowpukes but was pretty young so I couldn't see much (everyone was taller than I and I had to watch a video replay of the Catch on the monitor even though I was there). That was the most unbelievable game I've ever seen, but this one is a close tie for second. I especially loved saying WE DAT to dejected Saintsfan on the way back to the car.

Once again, I'm rooting for the Giants....same as it ever was :rockon::rockon:

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the 9ers were marching down, all i could think about was torture.

gotta run out to the store and buy some clothes for my new job. hopefully the stores are empty and ill be back before kick off. G-men!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What. A. Game.

2 comebacks with less than 3 minutes. Are you kidding?!?! Smith quieted the critics with this game. Everyone thought the Niners wouldn't have the ability to drive down field in late game situations when forced to pass.

What did they do? Drive down the field and took the lead on a TD pass. And they did it a second time, just to prove it wasn't a fluke.

FUCK YEAH!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Niners fan but I like when they do well, it makes the city's vibe brighten up.

That was the best playoff game I've ever seen.

Rep to Stokes for those hilarious Nolan quotes. And they seem to like the guy on those threads... :arg:

Giants with a nice win, another home game and a winnable one to get to the SB.

I thought the Packers were unbeatable this year even after the KC loss. Oh well...crazy game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep to Stokes for those hilarious Nolan quotes. And they seem to like the guy on those threads... :arg:

Going after him is low hanging fruit, easy to pick. I really shouldn't, but I cannot seem to help myself.

They do seem to like him on the Niner board, and he gets far less crap than he does here, so he doesn't whine nearly as much.

I guess they have low standards on the Niner board. Unlike this board, where we have no standards, accept love of the Giants. But literally, I could care less.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best sporting event I've ever witnessed in real time. The fact that the Saints turned the ball over 5 times in the first half and probably should have won is enough for me. This might have already been said, but Vernon is a much more believable crier than TO... just as self-absorbed, too, but that doesn't really matter right now... and only really matters when the team loses.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to choose a favorite between this game and the comeback against the NY Giants in the 2003 playoffs, but considering that the Niners were the underdog and that the Saints had looked unstoppable going into the game, I'll have to go with last weekend's game. Also, 4 lead changes in the last 5 minutes. Just incredible. Finally, these Niners are on the rise while the 2003 Niners were not.

I hope the Niners make this Sunday's game a laugher.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to choose a favorite between this game and the comeback against the NY Giants in the 2003 playoffs, but considering that the Niners were the underdog and that the Saints had looked unstoppable going into the game, I'll have to go with last weekend's game. Also, 4 lead changes in the last 5 minutes. Just incredible. Finally, these Niners are on the rise while the 2003 Niners were not.

I hope the Niners make this Sunday's game a laugher.

I do too but there's almost no chance of that. SF favored by only 2 1/2, the Giants are on a roll that looks a lot like their 2007 SB run, and it's going to be raining. Anything is possible but I expect a sloppy low scoring SF win.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going after him is low hanging fruit, easy to pick. I really shouldn't, but I cannot seem to help myself.

They do seem to like him on the Niner board, and he gets far less crap than he does here, so he doesn't whine nearly as much.

I guess they have low standards on the Niner board. Unlike this board, where we have no standards, accept love of the Giants. But literally, I could care less.

a-see-what-you-did-there-11.jpg

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too but there's almost no chance of that. SF favored by only 2 1/2, the Giants are on a roll that looks a lot like their 2007 SB run, and it's going to be raining. Anything is possible but I expect a sloppy low scoring SF win.

Could be, but I really don't think the Giants are going to be able to run the ball; and if Manning has to put the ball up 40+ times he'll get picked at least twice.

I think we win something like 23-13.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/SIZE][/B]

Could be, but I really don't think the Giants are going to be able to run the ball; and if Manning has to put the ball up 40+ times he'll get picked at least twice.

I think we win something like 23-13.

I have no doubt the Giants will struggle to score, but the Niners may too. The NY pass rush is pretty strong, Alex Smith will have to stay composed. Saints didn't bring that kind of pressure.

Let's say 16-10 Niners.