• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Challenge

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Review:

-Average Joe had a great idea, but little did he know that Sam would have the same. Great minds think alike? Joe went all in with 7 49ers, only to see Sam pick the exact same contingent of 9ers. Given that Sam's other RB is playing this week for double points while Joe has to pick another, Sam has both Boldin and Davis for double points, and Sam has a 36 point lead, Joe's goose is cooked.

Crap. Go Seahawks!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys.

Lefty, Treff and Fuzzy all sit in the top 5, but they don't have very many available line-up spots where they can gain an advantage over the leaders. They are not out by any means, but their fate depends on some sage line-up decisions and game results to match.

Monkey has long odds too, but has a unique opportunity to revamp his line-up after a few key week 2 losses.

Chef almost made the list as one of the teams eliminated, but if Decker catches 9 TDs over the last 2 games and Haushka kicks 15 field goals, he could make up some ground.

There, Fixed it.

79f17cc94e36820bce86192ba127df1d7f54c723ab60a33ca8884288c867c77a.jpg

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck all ....... this week will likely determine who will come out on top.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck all ....... this week will likely determine who will come out on top.

Same to you lefty! At the very least, it'll knock everyone off that didn't take advantage off that crazy rule in week one, or give us a fighting chance.

GO PATS!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzies need lots of luck to finish top 5. Still have 4 players at 3X and 3 at 2X but that puts me short of those that went all in with the Broncos, etc, but I will not complain if my Broncos score plenty tomorrow!!!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I for one plan on enjoying the last 3 weeks of the season...............not a guilt trip or nothing but "The Leaving" is making it sad to me. And that's no shit either. Strange how just "E- knowing" somebody for as long as I've "E-Known" Will can have such an impact. I'm being serious.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so much for anyone that didn't go all in with Broncos.

Let's not use this format next year please.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's how it always goes on nfl.com playoff challenge. It doesn't always work out like it has.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thing is Treff, a season like last year when it was Baltimore and SF would have yielded a much different result. People who went with the balanced teams would have been the likely winners.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is Treff, a season like last year when it was Baltimore and SF would have yielded a much different result. People who went with the balanced teams would have been the likely winners.

While it may sound a little like sour grapes, I am in record before the thing ever started saying I didn't like the format. .. These scoring bonus things just don't jive with me is all, especially the double points for teams with a first round bye thing. Picking the right player who has a big week like Barliko did with Blount, like I and maybe a couple others did with Allen, was completely meaningless, and I just don't agree that it should be that way, not what fantasy football is, to me at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor to take anything away from those that used the rules to your advantage mind you. .kudos to you guys, you played the format right, well done!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with Treff - essentially it's an all-or-nothing proposition, especially for the overall contest at nfl.com. Those who pick guys on the two Super Bowl teams from the beginning (somewhere between 2-10% of the people who sussed the format) will be competing in the final week with the outcome depending on which Broncos WR they had or something like that, and everybody else will be way behind. It's really just about picking which teams go all the way.

I knew the only way to get any kind of advantage over other Broncos-pickers after McCoy was eliminated was to go with the unusual pick in Ball and hope he goes bananas at some point.

And Sam, I hear you. I'll show up from time to time as an onlooker, because I like you guys and will miss the chatter. But my fantasy days end in two weeks, as this playoff challenge comes to a close.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it may sound a little like sour grapes, I am in record before the thing ever started saying I didn't like the format. .. These scoring bonus things just don't jive with me is all, especially the double points for teams with a first round bye thing. Picking the right player who has a big week like Barliko did with Blount, like I and maybe a couple others did with Allen, was completely meaningless, and I just don't agree that it should be that way, not what fantasy football is, to me at least.

i agree and i didnt play today mostly for that reason

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I for one plan on enjoying the last 3 weeks of the season...............not a guilt trip or nothing but "The Leaving" is making it sad to me. And that's no shit either. Strange how just "E- knowing" somebody for as long as I've "E-Known" Will can have such an impact. I'm being serious.

:agree:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I'm officially out of it as well, and probably should have paid more attention to what the NFL 'experts' were doing with this format. Thing is, for me, I did a CBS one also and did equally as bad with my choices. So, in my case it was the format that eliminated me, it was all on me. ..... but it's still fun.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm officially out of it as well, and probably should have paid more attention to what the NFL 'experts' were doing with this format. Thing is, for me, I did a CBS one also and did equally as bad with my choices. So, in my case it was the format that eliminated me, it was all on me. ..... but it's still fun.

I agree, it was fun. I figured the only chance I had was to keep going with guys like Ball and Decker in hopes of a breakout. I've only checked some of the top guys in the standings, but it looks to me like Micro has it wrapped up. Is this the case?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 3 Recap

This one will be short and sweet.

Nobody is going to catch Micro. He has the title locked up.

Tds3nOut looks like the favorite to take 2nd as wboy and Wil fight it out for 3rd.

Everyone else is basically done.

Nice work to those who chose Broncos and Seahawks! Well played!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meant to say it wasn't the format. ..... typed too fast.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...

There's still a snowball's chance for me... down 87 and the only difference is Ball and the Broncos D for me versus Lynch and the Seattle D for Micro. Not promising, but if the Broncos win that's a 5-pt bonus for the Broncos D, x 4, so that would already give me 20, so the difference would be down to 67....

And if the final score is like 35-10 for the Broncos, that would be +4 for the Broncos D (x4 for 16) and -4 for the Seattle D (x4 for -16), which brings it down another 32 to 35.

So on top of the Broncos dominating, I'd need Ball to get a score or two while Lynch doesn't, or the Broncos to get a pick-6, and I might sneak in there.

But, uh, don't bet the farm on me.

Last edited by a moderator: