• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Challenge

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe I should have thought this one through a bit more. I took a shot with Brees, that didn't work out very well, and now he's at Seattle...:doh:

i did the same thing......I changed out brees,but you never know,if NO wins,Brees points are tripled.........

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah...I shall enjoy having a cup of coffee in first place for the next 10 hours or so...:rollseyes:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prob play Lynch but when you arrive to late to the dance...well you dont dance withwho you want now do you....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey i get double points for Jimmy Graham:doh:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey i get double points for Jimmy Graham:doh:

royals-fan-dances-after-eric-hosmer-home-run1.gif

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah well, I took a shot with Ball and Decker...for awhile there I thought it might work. :rollseyes:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Review:

I mentioned on another thread that there were 5 people who still had a pretty good shot.

Bottom line, if the Broncos beat the Pats this week, the champ will be either Wil, Micro or Tlance. The other teams who invested heavily in Broncos just don't have enough juice to catch the teams who went all in from week 1. Even if the Broncos lose in a shootout this week, it is possible that Micro or Tlance takes the title.

Assuming a Bronco victory against the Pats, the race between Micro and Tlance would be decided by the NFC championship game. If the Seahawks win, then Micro gets the nod. If it is the 9ers, then Tlance will be hard to catch, even for Sam of Francisco (or Joe, who is dominated by Sam).

Mile High Wil would have an outside shot of catching either tlance or Micro if the Broncos D can significantly outscore their NFC defenses and if 3X Montee Ball can come close to 4X either Gore or Lynch. Possible, but not incredibly likely given the 30 point gap already.

If the Pats win, then everything changes. The Bronco lovers may still have enough points to take the title, but the field opens up quite a bit. Barilko and Sam would be the two most likely teams to emerge, but any number of teams could get back into the fray depending on their week 3 decisions.

A few teams have already been more or less eliminated from contention. They are:

-xchildstar and cardiackemba who each failed to submit week 2 line-ups

-Average Joe had a great idea, but little did he know that Sam would have the same. Great minds think alike? Joe went all in with 7 49ers, only to see Sam pick the exact same contingent of 9ers. Given that Sam's other RB is playing this week for double points while Joe has to pick another, Sam has both Boldin and Davis for double points, and Sam has a 36 point lead, Joe's goose is cooked.

-TDs3andOut is in a similar predicament to Joe. He has 7 of 8 players identical to our clubhouse leader Micro. The difference is that both Moreno and Lynch will only be playing for double points on TDs team while going for 3X on Micro's. The other difference is that his 2nd WR (Hilton) is now out while Welker also goes for 3X this weekend. Since TDs trails Micro by 31 already, he will not be able to catch up, but 2nd place might be a possibility.

-wood20ks went with 4 Broncos in the second round, but without the multiplier. His other 4 players are Seahawks and 9ers with only Dawson playing for triple points. Barring herculean efforts from Davis, Dawson and Decker, he will only fall further behind the leaders, although a top 5 finish is possible.

-Bandit needs the Hawks and Broncos to make the dance in order to take advantage of his multipliers. Unfortunately for him, he trails Micro by 39 points, he is dominated at 3 spots, equaled at 2 others and he needs to pick 2 new players this week. He is essentially out too.

-TKO is actually still in the game despite an abysmal week 2 output. Since he is one of the only players invested in the Seahawks passing game, he could get it done if Russel Wilson's arm takes the Hawks to the promised land, the Pats win and Lynch is relatively quiet.

There are a few other players who are extremely unlikely to get themselves into the conversation, but still have a pulse. Check back after week 3 to learn about all the possible scenarios.

Good luck everybody!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tip o' the cap to Tlance's write-up.

And here's hoping for a 45-14 halftime lead for the Broncos, endless second-half rushes for Ball, and big games from Turbin, Hunter and James Develin.

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tip o' the cap to Tlance's write-up.

And here's hoping for a 45-14 halftime lead for the Broncos, endless second-half rushes for Ball, and big games from Turbin, Hunter and James Develin.

Last edited by a moderator:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Review:

I mentioned on another thread that there were 5 people who still had a pretty good shot.

Bottom line, if the Broncos beat the Pats this week, the champ will be either Wil, Micro or Tlance. The other teams who invested heavily in Broncos just don't have enough juice to catch the teams who went all in from week 1. Even if the Broncos lose in a shootout this week, it is possible that Micro or Tlance takes the title.

Assuming a Bronco victory against the Pats, the race between Micro and Tlance would be decided by the NFC championship game. If the Seahawks win, then Micro gets the nod. If it is the 9ers, then Tlance will be hard to catch, even for Sam of Francisco (or Joe, who is dominated by Sam).

Mile High Wil would have an outside shot of catching either tlance or Micro if the Broncos D can significantly outscore their NFC defenses and if 3X Montee Ball can come close to 4X either Gore or Lynch. Possible, but not incredibly likely given the 30 point gap already.

If the Pats win, then everything changes. The Bronco lovers may still have enough points to take the title, but the field opens up quite a bit. Barilko and Sam would be the two most likely teams to emerge, but any number of teams could get back into the fray depending on their week 3 decisions.

A few teams have already been more or less eliminated from contention. They are:

-Average Joe had a great idea, but little did he know that Sam would have the same. Great minds think alike? Joe went all in with 7 49ers, only to see Sam pick the exact same contingent of 9ers. Given that Sam's other RB is playing this week for double points while Joe has to pick another, Sam has both Boldin and Davis for double points, and Sam has a 36 point lead, Joe's goose is cooked.

-TDs3andOut is in a similar predicament to Joe. He has 7 of 8 players identical to our clubhouse leader Micro. The difference is that both Moreno and Lynch will only be playing for double points on TDs team while going for 3X on Micro's. The other difference is that his 2nd WR (Hilton) is now out while Welker also goes for 3X this weekend. Since TDs trails Micro by 31 already, he will not be able to catch up, but 2nd place might be a possibility.

-wood20ks went with 4 Broncos in the second round, but without the multiplier. His other 4 players are Seahawks and 9ers with only Dawson playing for triple points. Barring herculean efforts from Davis, Dawson and Decker, he will only fall further behind the leaders, although a top 5 finish is possible.

-Bandit needs the Hawks and Broncos to make the dance in order to take advantage of his multipliers. Unfortunately for him, he trails Micro by 39 points, he is dominated at 3 spots, equaled at 2 others and he needs to pick 2 new players this week. He is essentially out too.

-TKO is actually still in the game despite an abysmal week 2 output. Since he is one of the only players invested in the Seahawks passing game, he could get it done if Russel Wilson's arm takes the Hawks to the promised land, the Pats win and Lynch is relatively quiet.

There are a few other players who are extremely unlikely to get themselves into the conversation, but still have a pulse. Check back after week 3 to learn about all the possible scenarios.

Good luck everybody!

Nice write up - but no Lefty love to be found. .....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up - but no Lefty love to be found. .....

Sorry guys.

Lefty, Treff and Fuzzy all sit in the top 5, but they don't have very many available line-up spots where they can gain an advantage over the leaders. They are not out by any means, but their fate depends on some sage line-up decisions and game results to match.

Monkey has long odds too, but has a unique opportunity to revamp his line-up after a few key week 2 losses.

Chef almost made the list as one of the teams eliminated, but if Decker catches 9 TDs over the last 2 games and Haushka kicks 15 field goals, he could make up some ground.

There, Fixed it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys.

Lefty, Treff and Fuzzy all sit in the top 5, but they don't have very many available line-up spots where they can gain an advantage over the leaders. They are not out by any means, but their fate depends on some sage line-up decisions and game results to match.

Monkey has long odds too, but has a unique opportunity to revamp his line-up after a few key week 2 losses.

Chef almost made the list as one of the teams eliminated, but if Decker catches 9 TDs over the last 2 games and Haushka kicks 15 field goals, he could make up some ground.

There, Fixed it.

Heh. Thanks for the fix. :rollseyes:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys.

There, Fixed it.

And once again a calm comes over the universe. ...... your doing great Tlance.
My long shot is Edelman. .... but not feeling confident in 200yds and 3TD's to make up ground.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Review:

Good luck everybody!
Great write up Tlance...........I started to click on everybody's team to get an idea but it was pretty confusing.............so I stopped. The one thing I know about my team is I shouldn't come in last. I do get 3X points for Davis and Boldin though, so if those 2 have decent days (long odds against Seattle) I could be in the top 10 when all is said and done (if Frisco beats Seattle). Still, my "waffling" between Foles and Kaps is what did me in.