• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: playoff bliss part dew bengals (2-6-1) vs WFT (2-7)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with GK, but my fantasy involves a player who is skilled enough to make T.Mac the number 2.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has only been given the opportunity for three games. The last time a WR on this team, not named TM, had 100 yards receiving in a game was November 4, 2018.

A legit #2 WR a single 100 yard game does not make.

If the Skins had a stud QB, a dynamic offense or both that might put Cam over the top. Given what they have though at QB and play-calling-wise I'm not seeing it. I hope you're right though. The Skins haven't had a decent WR tandem or trio since Monk/Clark/Sanders.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Skins had a stud QB, a dynamic offense or both that might put Cam over the top. Given what they have though at QB and play-calling-wise I'm not seeing it. I hope you're right though. The Skins haven't had a decent WR tandem or trio since Monk/Clark/Sanders.
Side question...

Does Gary Clark deserve to be in the HOF?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side question...

Does Gary Clark deserve to be in the HOF?

I would be OK with it. His numbers compare favorably to other WRs already in the hall. When he retired he was top 5 in career receptions and receiving yardage and he's still in the top 30 in both categories. He's also got a good enough postseason resume catching a couple TDs in a couple Super Bowls.

It seems that he played at a bad time to be looked at as a HOF WR. Right after he retired was when the explosion of passing/receiving started. Lotta WRs of that era seemed to have been forgotten about. And I think now his size, being a small WR doesn't help his cause either. Not that he has cause or is trying to get in.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with GK, but my fantasy involves a player who is skilled enough to make T.Mac the number 2.

I don’t think that will happen. If TM had a competent QB in a competent offense, he may be top three in the league. He reminds me of Marvin Harrison but with wiggle.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not proclaiming Simms a “legit 2.” I am saying it is foolish to claim he is not if you think only two teams in the league have one.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think that will happen. If TM had a competent QB in a competent offense, he may be top three in the league. He reminds me of Marvin Harrison but with wiggle.
Again, I agree, but considering the purposeful gluttony that comes with this day, this is my indulgence.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be OK with it. His numbers compare favorably to other WRs already in the hall. When he retired he was top 5 in career receptions and receiving yardage and he's still in the top 30 in both categories. He's also got a good enough postseason resume catching a couple TDs in a couple Super Bowls.

It seems that he played at a bad time to be looked at as a HOF WR. Right after he retired was when the explosion of passing/receiving started. Lotta WRs of that era seemed to have been forgotten about. And I think now his size, being a small WR doesn't help his cause either. Not that he has cause or is trying to get in.
Perhaps the veterans committee will get him in.