• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Playoff action: Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh 1:05pm ET on CBS

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have tried. Burns, Davis, and a boatload of money in Haden. At what point do they look at their coordinators & personnel coaches? So sick of this same old putrid secondary.
Some badly blown coverages in that game, for sure. It's one thing vs a HOF QB, totally another vs. a Blake Bortles. Definitely, they need to look at their coaching. I think they really missed Shazier on the field. A few easy 3rd down conversions for the Jags that he likely would have blown up.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 4th down blunders could also be on him. Audibled to pitch it wide to Bell on the first failure. Then, whether it was haley's call or not, didn't audible away from that 4th & 1 pass.

Throw in the fumble scoop & score, which he held the ball way too long...

Plenty of blame to throw around.

That very very first 4th down that we chose to go for it down 14-0, had we kicked the FG, we'd be in OT right now. WE DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO GO FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN!!!!!!!!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The clock is now stopped so you have time to get the play you want.
Assuming you score the FG and recover the onside kick you have about 50 + yards to go with no time remaining. Would've been more if the idiots got OB. If you get the TD now, get the recovering about 10+ yards gives you a shot at the FG.

We're gonna disagree on this one... You just gotta make it a 1 score game with so little time, either way you needed the 3 points anyway, time was too much of a factor after the run off and losing yards on that play...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have tried. Burns, Davis, and a boatload of money in Haden. At what point do they look at their coordinators & personnel coaches? So sick of this same old putrid secondary.
An overhaul is desperately needed with their coaching staff. Also for personal on the secondary Mitchell needs to just disappear.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It honestly is kind of obscene how much talent the Steelers have on offense.

What a waste, but seems fitting...Shitty NFL season capped off with the worst possible matchups, at least in the AFC

Everyone wanted KC/NE and than Pitt/NE

We get what we got

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while they definitely didn't play their best game today, calling the Jags defense "horrendous" is kinda retarded given what they've done all season.

Yep, and if there's a blueprint for a D that COULD give the Pats problems, it's a fast athletic hard hitting D that can get pressure with their base 4 rushers.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some badly blown coverages in that game, for sure. It's one thing vs a HOF QB, totally another vs. a Blake Bortles. Definitely, they need to look at their coaching. I think they really missed Shazier on the field. A few easy 3rd down conversions for the Jags that he likely would have blown up.
Yea but that's lipstick on the pig IMO. Shazier's skillset covered up a lot of faults on that defense. The run defense was garbage before Shazier went down. Surprisingly the secondary was 1 of the few brightspots on that unit all year. But it blundered when it mattered most. Surprise surprise.

Mike Mitchell should get tarred & feathered out of town tonight. Fuck that clown.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a waste, but seems fitting...Shitty NFL season capped off with the worst possible matchups, at least in the AFC

Everyone wanted KC/NE and than Pitt/NE

We get what we got
Honestly, I am just happy it's not NE/Pitt as that has to be most boring and overdone game of the past 10 years to me, personally.

At this point after being so cynical with the Jags, I am on their bandwagon win or lose for the next 3 weeks hopefully.

Jagginoff.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just gave up about 1000 yards and 42 points, and they are heading to New England

You're basing it on the worst defensive game they've played all season. I'm sure you thought New England's defense sucked after Kansas City hung 42 on them. Knee jerk reactions tend to not go over well.

Patriots probably win rather easily, but it'll be due to their huge advantage at QB IMO/

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That very very first 4th down that we chose to go for it down 14-0, had we kicked the FG, we'd be in OT right now. WE DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO GO FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN!!!!!!!!
Definitely. There were 3-4 gamechanging decisions that were piss poor. Any one of them could have put this game into OT.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I am just happy it's not NE/Pitt as that has to be most boring and overdone game of the past 10 years to me, personally.

At this point after being so cynical with the Jags, I am on their bandwagon win or lose for the next 3 weeks hopefully.

Jagginoff.

Yeah, I hear ya, but getting another Pats 45-17 snoozefest isnt really a better option IMO

And that is absolutely what we are getting next week regardless of how much they try to hype this game

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're basing it on the worst defensive game they've played all season. I'm sure you thought New England's defense sucked after Kansas City hung 42 on them. Knee jerk reactions tend to not go over well.

Patriots probably win rather easily, but it'll be due to their huge advantage at QB IMO/

Id have to take a close look at whether its worse than the 44 points they gave up to the Niners 2 weeks ago, or the 30 they gave up to Blaine Gabbert 4 weeks ago

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id have to take a close look at whether its worse than the 44 points they gave up to the Niners 2 weeks ago, or the 30 they gave up to Blaine Gabbert 4 weeks ago
I do not think the scheme in Jax is that great in all honesty. Zone is chickenshit for me, personally.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An overhaul is desperately needed with their coaching staff. Also for personal on the secondary Mitchell needs to just disappear.
I like what Butler has done with the defense. I think if Tomlin would let Butler do his job and not try to put his fingerprints on it's secondary then this defense could be fixed. The "keep the play in front of you" bullshit needs to be taken out to pasture.

They were top 10 this year as a unit. 1st in the league in sacks, without a premier edge rusher. The secondary floated around top 5 for a while. Hard to say if that was a fluke or not because they always seem to fail so hard in the biggest moments.