• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players that need more playing time and why

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins........ Forget about show casing him for trade bait, or just to get Bob off the field. As much as Bob needs to sit (in my opinion), we need to figure out if Cousins can be a backup next yer that will allow us to NOT carry three QBs. As much as I like Rex, its a wasted roster spot. Our 3rd QB should be a guy on the practice squad, but not some one on the active roster.

Rambo..... We need to know if this kid has what it takes to be a starter or atleast a key contributor in the secondary going forward. We will need two safties, three if Rambo is a wash. Cant really rely on Thomas coming off injury.

LB Jenkins..... I know many will say we need to resign Rak, but I think this kid needs all the reps we can give him. If he shows out over the next five games, maybe we dont have to resign Rak.

Aldrick....... He needs more snaps. He has the speed, but he runs very poor routes which needs to be fixed at game speed. If he can get the time in, maybe we arent fishing for a #2 WR next year. Hank is another coming off injury that I would rather be a bonus than a situation where we are screwed if he cant come back quick.

Any one that plays D-line and is younger than 27. The line is getting old. We need to figure out wht we have and what we need both in terms of possible starters and depth.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add the OL guys, Gettis, compton, and leribieus.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins........ Forget about show casing him for trade bait, or just to get Bob off the field. As much as Bob needs to sit (in my opinion), we need to figure out if Cousins can be a backup next yer that will allow us to NOT carry three QBs. As much as I like Rex, its a wasted roster spot. Our 3rd QB should be a guy on the practice squad, but not some one on the active roster.

Rambo..... We need to know if this kid has what it takes to be a starter or atleast a key contributor in the secondary going forward. We will need two safties, three if Rambo is a wash. Cant really rely on Thomas coming off injury.

LB Jenkins..... I know many will say we need to resign Rak, but I think this kid needs all the reps we can give him. If he shows out over the next five games, maybe we dont have to resign Rak.

Aldrick....... He needs more snaps. He has the speed, but he runs very poor routes which needs to be fixed at game speed. If he can get the time in, maybe we arent fishing for a #2 WR next year. Hank is another coming off injury that I would rather be a bonus than a situation where we are screwed if he cant come back quick.

Any one that plays D-line and is younger than 27. The line is getting old. We need to figure out wht we have and what we need both in terms of possible starters and depth.

1) more razzle dazzle BS here ? we dont need to play KC . he has shown well in most outings he has had . RG3 needs all the game reps he can get .

2) Rambo does get reps but i agree here with you

3) jenkins , he should get some of tapp's and jackson's reps

4) aldrick needs to make the MOST of his reps . so far he hasnt earned anything

i would add that gettis and compton could use some play

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) more razzle dazzle BS here ? we dont need to play KC . he has shown well in most outings he has had . RG3 needs all the game reps he can get .

2) Rambo does get reps but i agree here with you

3) jenkins , he should get some of tapp's and jackson's reps

4) aldrick needs to make the MOST of his reps . so far he hasnt earned anything

i would add that gettis and compton could use some play

As for # 1 above - what about the ESPN report (that I posted in another thread) quoting the 49ers player stating that RG3 still appears to be recovering from his injury? You have to admit that RG3 is a shell of the player that he was last season & has trouble outrunning people that he could have sleepwalked by last season. Perhaps this is also due to some of the hits he incurred this season. As much as your point makes sense there might also be the factor of protecting RG3 if he still is even somewhat still bothered by his injury.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for # 1 above - what about the ESPN report (that I posted in another thread) quoting the 49ers player stating that RG3 still appears to be recovering from his injury? You have to admit that RG3 is a shell of the player that he was last season & has trouble outrunning people that he could have sleepwalked by last season. Perhaps this is also due to some of the hits he incurred this season. As much as your point makes sense there might also be the factor of protecting RG3 if he still is even somewhat still bothered by his injury.

Socal... its all good. I questioned the chosen ones playing ability and worth. I expected to be put in my place even if in reality Griffin needs to not be playing at this point. If he continues to degrade at his current pace, by years end there will be open speculation on if he should have played at all this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree he isnt the lightning fast player he was last season . but athletic ability isnt the issue here .

getting game reps . seeing new defenses at game speed are

putting KC in at this point has more negatives to me then positives