• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players status update

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen hopes for answer on Dutch players this week; fullback Dan Paul is doubtful for Toledo game | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com

Dan Paul likely out against Toledo (groin), they hope to have an answer on the 3 Dutch players this week.

oise State football coach Chris Petersen said Sunday he hopes to “know something soon” on the status of the Broncos’ three players from Amsterdam.

Senior safety Cedric Febis, sophomore wide receiver Geraldo Boldewijn and sophomore defensive tackle Ricky Tjong-A-Tjoe were held out of the opener against Georgia while the school looks into their NCAA eligibility.

The players are practicing with the team.

“Like you guys, I check every day,” Petersen said at his weekly press conference. “The NCAA doesn’t work during the weekends. (Boise State executive director for NCAA compliance) John Cunningham has been doing obviously an extremely thorough job.”

Petersen hopes to get some clarity before the Broncos return to the field Sept. 16 at Toledo.

“I know we’re going to know more and we’re really hopeful that we will (have an answer),” he said.

Petersen said the issues involved came “very much out of left field.”

“There was no indication that there were any problems at all,” he said.

He said he didn’t know the exact scope of the problem or what could be at stake for the players and the program.

“They’re looking from A to Z,” he said. “I don’t know everything myself.”

Petersen said he needs at least a couple days of notice to use the players in this week’s game. The Broncos travel Thursday. Coaches haven’t determined how the players will be used in practice yet.

Petersen also said the whole situation has been difficult on the players involved.

“We need to not lose sight of that — these guys are crushed,” he said. “Cedric has been here a long time and he finally gets an opportunity (to start) and the day before the biggest game of his life, or a couple days, it’s like, ‘This isn’t going to happen.’ So that’s been really, really hard. We’re just trying to be as supportive as we can to these guys and we’re just really hopeful that we get them back.”

Read more: Petersen hopes for answer on Dutch players this week; fullback Dan Paul is doubtful for Toledo game | Voices.IdahoStatesman.com

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the right approach if something not allowed did happen then we won't lose out on any wins, as we've shown against Georgia we have enough depth to win without them.