• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playcalling

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time with that narrative. Counting NE over ATL, his team's defense gave up a 25 point lead vs. the GOAT, a unit he did NOT coach. In our two SB losses to the Chiefs, one he pant-shit, but last year's was an OT loss to Mahomes...how are we putting both of those on him?
Scoreboard, baby.

At the end of the day, “giving it a good try” doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is results. No one will claim that Dan Marino wasn’t one of the best QBs to play the game. But his lack of rings excludes him from any GOAT discussion. If I were starting a franchise today, and I could take Montana (as he was coming out of college), Brady (as he was coming out of college) or Marino (as he was coming out of college), I would probably take Marino. But if I am looking back and listing the greatest careers, 2 of those QBs would be sitting as my top 2, and Marino isn’t one of them.

Bill Buckner was a pretty good defensive player, but he is forever known for a defensive flub.

Results are the ONLY thing that matters.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like having a coach who has us in the thick of it every year. Results are a culmination of many things happening correctly at once. But consistency in seeing the show matters as well. We haven't had a coach with consistency since Harbaugh and before that, Mariucci. It's been a shitty dry spell in between those guys and since. To think that Kyle won't eventually win the big one is silly if he consistently gets himself in striking distance...much like Andy Reid.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like having a coach who has us in the thick of it every year. Results are a culmination of many things happening correctly at once. But consistency in seeing the show matters as well. We haven't had a coach with consistency since Harbaugh and before that, Mariucci. It's been a shitty dry spell in between those guys and since. To think that Kyle won't eventually win the big one is silly if he consistently gets himself in striking distance...much like Andy Reid.
Absolutely, 100%

But the narrative around him right now is what it is. He is a bad SB choker. All his fault? Absolutely not. But 3 of the most painful losses in SB history have come at his expense. No getting away from that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a hard time with that narrative. Counting NE over ATL, his team's defense gave up a 25 point lead vs. the GOAT, a unit he did NOT coach. In our two SB losses to the Chiefs, one he pant-shit, but last year's was an OT loss to Mahomes...how are we putting both of those on him?
For 2019 we had a 10 point lead halfway thru the 4th quarter. We just had an INT so odds were very high we win the game. Even after KC score a TD, we still had the lead but alas..........

This past SB our offense struggled all game, we shouldn't have gone into OT. KC had a good defense but in this day and age of passing offense, we should've scored more than 19 points. Too many field goals.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scoreboard, baby.

At the end of the day, “giving it a good try” doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is results. No one will claim that Dan Marino wasn’t one of the best QBs to play the game. But his lack of rings excludes him from any GOAT discussion. If I were starting a franchise today, and I could take Montana (as he was coming out of college), Brady (as he was coming out of college) or Marino (as he was coming out of college), I would probably take Marino. But if I am looking back and listing the greatest careers, 2 of those QBs would be sitting as my top 2, and Marino isn’t one of them.

Bill Buckner was a pretty good defensive player, but he is forever known for a defensive flub.

Results are the ONLY thing that matters.
I don't know which guy, him or Steve Bartman, was treated worse by their respective fan bases for one mistake.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know which guy, him or Steve Bartman, was treated worse by their respective fan bases for one mistake.
Can we put Roger Craig in this 'conversation' for his fumble in the NFC championship game?

ahh.....never mind. :-)

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we put Roger Craig in this 'conversation' for his fumble in the NFC championship game?

ahh.....never mind. :-)
One careless play ruined his entire career but I don’t know that the fans ran him out of town; the 49ers did