• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playcalling

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the playcalling is about the best it can be. Weeden throws a terrible deep ball. He may have a strong arm, but he's not hitting the WR. He seems to just air it out and makes the WR's adjust to go get it, and usually it's just thrown too deep.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the playcalling is about the best it can be. Weeden throws a terrible deep ball. He may have a strong arm, but he's not hitting the WR. He seems to just air it out and makes the WR's adjust to go get it, and usually it's just thrown too deep.
I disagree on the play calling, but it's very hard to tell if it's the play call or the QB decision sometimes. I'm not talking about the "deep ball" because Romo isn't very good at that either. It's the idea of throwing a screen (or dump off or 5 yard pass to TE or WR) on 3rd and 15. Yeah it worked a lot last year and could work well with Dunbar, but it's not going to be very effective when you throw it about half the time!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are times when getting "half" the yards is good - gets you in FG range or away from your own end zone. But usually the goal is to get the first down, not a completion.