• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playcalling

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden just does not make enough effort to push the ball down the field when he drops back to pass, he is much too willing to hit the dump off out of the backfield. Defenses have no reason to fear this guy so they stack the box and stifle the run game. I know there weren't a lot of guys open down the field today, but Weeden doesn't help anything. It's time for Matt Cassell

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't even wait for the receiver to get near the first down marker before he throws it on 3rd down a lot. Coming up short on third down too often.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even just the play calling. Game management is a huge problem as well. Bad game management has led to two late FGs by the opposing team in two of the last three games before half.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Weeden or any other QB that is not Romo is under center ...practically nothing can or should be evaluated with the exception of replacement QB himself.

But if you insist on pointing fingers on what is broken, the stats from this game are not what you would expect them to be.

Time of Possession Pats 26 Boys 33
1st downs 20 * 18
Passing first downs 11 * 10
Rushing first downs 5 * 5
Total plays 55 * 66
Total drive 12 * 12
Total yards 356 * 264
yards per pass 7.7 * 3.9
Rushing attempts 23 * 24
Red zone 2 for 3 * 0 for2

The question is, what is really broken when you lose so badly but the stats hardly show it.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our WRs aren't winning on their routes either. We just look bad

Yeah, that's why I'm not totally unloading on Weeden. He's not that good, but outside of Beasley, I don't think his WRs are doing him many favors.

As Earl stated in another thread, the Pats did what every team should have been doing to Dallas since Dez went down. Take Witten away, and make the Cowboys beat you with the rest. Even if the defense is beasting in 2 weeks, it might not make a difference if the offense can't score more than 6 points.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even just the play calling. Game management is a huge problem as well. Bad game management has led to two late FGs by the opposing team in two of the last three games before half.
Yeah game management seems to be jason's weakness.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the exact play but I think it was an incomplete pass on first down. I was all for trying to do something there but there is a different way to go about it. If Romo is in there we likely run a draw or hit a back on a short pass to keep the clock moving. As soon as the clock stopped, I was like well there is points.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the exact play but I think it was an incomplete pass on first down. I was all for trying to do something there but there is a different way to go about it. If Romo is in there we likely run a draw or hit a back on a short pass to keep the clock moving. As soon as the clock stopped, I was like well there is points.
I know what your saying. I said the same thing. Too much time left for Brady

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Weeden or any other QB that is not Romo is under center ...practically nothing can or should be evaluated with the exception of replacement QB himself.

But if you insist on pointing fingers on what is broken, the stats from this game are not what you would expect them to be.

Time of Possession Pats 26 Boys 33
1st downs 20 * 18
Passing first downs 11 * 10
Rushing first downs 5 * 5
Total plays 55 * 66
Total drive 12 * 12
Total yards 356 * 264
yards per pass 7.7 * 3.9
Rushing attempts 23 * 24
Red zone 2 for 3 * 0 for2

The question is, what is really broken when you lose so badly but the stats hardly show it.

I can answer this question easily.

You are missing a very important stat: Turnovers. The Cowboys had 2 and the Pats had none. The defense can't force turnovers and the offense is having too many. The Cowboys have forced 3 turnovers in 5 games. All three of those turnovers came against the Eagles.

0-2 in the red zone. Just despicable.

3.9 yards per pass. Despicable.

It's really easy to see what is broken. The offense and the defense can't make big plays. Any type of big defensive play against the Falcons or Saints probably would have won those games. Any type of big offensive play in the first half yesterday might have kept the game close. The Cowboys are inept on both sides of the ball when it comes to big plays and sprinkle in the fact that they've had so many injuries and bad game management and bad game plans from the coaching staff, it's easy to see what is broken.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that with a better pass rush, which seems to be back things on the "D" side will improve. Turnovers should go up. Gregory is coming back - it could get very good on that side. Fingers crossed.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can answer this question easily.

You are missing a very important stat: Turnovers. The Cowboys had 2 and the Pats had none. The defense can't force turnovers and the offense is having too many. The Cowboys have forced 3 turnovers in 5 games. All three of those turnovers came against the Eagles.

0-2 in the red zone. Just despicable.

3.9 yards per pass. Despicable.

It's really easy to see what is broken. The offense and the defense can't make big plays. Any type of big defensive play against the Falcons or Saints probably would have won those games. Any type of big offensive play in the first half yesterday might have kept the game close. The Cowboys are inept on both sides of the ball when it comes to big plays and sprinkle in the fact that they've had so many injuries and bad game management and bad game plans from the coaching staff, it's easy to see what is broken.

There is a big difference between a team that is not executing in a given moment and something that is broken.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a big difference between a team that is not executing in a given moment and something that is broken.
It depends on your definition of broken. 4 turnoverless games to me says broken.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on your definition of broken. 4 turnoverless games to me says broken.

I thought Hardy forced a fumble ..or does that not count because we did not recover it. (which is kinda ridiculous)
I don't know. It just seems like there is a couple of glass if half empty types around here.

The fact is the Cowboys are in the middle of a perfect storm with injuries. Our back up is not playing up to the level of a starting QB. But I think he could win a couple of games if they can make him less predictable.

I just don't understand why at this time people would be pointing fingers.

We start the season with no Murray. So the running game was a wild card, we needed time to see what works and what doesn't ..and then boom. And then just like that the Holy Grail of this offense is gone.

And then what happens? Oh we just have to play the number 1 team in the league and another one that is also in the top 5 and they have a combined record of 9-0.

And we came back in the last seconds to tie the game against the Saints ...and then blew it on 1 play.
We did not lay down like dogs.

Like I said, It's a really strange time to be pointing fingers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw where the Cowboys are working out LaMichael James. I think that would be a nice addition to take over Dunbar's old role

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw where the Cowboys are working out LaMichael James. I think that would be a nice addition to take over Dunbar's old role
If you do that, you need to cut a RB IMO. Why have 4?

By the way, while on the RB topic. We should use a FB a little more IMO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you do that, you need to cut a RB IMO. Why have 4?

By the way, while on the RB topic. We should use a FB a little more IMO
Agree on FB...On the other point, if a back must be cut, I'd cut McFadden

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We havnt had any lucky breaks with getting turnovers. We've had chances, though, hopefully they start to bounce our way.

Offense is way too conservative and guys arent getting seperation. We need to start moving guys around, take tips from the Patriots.

I'd love to see Jones at free safety and Wilcox at strong. Our corners have been covering well enough. Tackling was way too sloppy.

Pash rush gives something to be excited for, especially at the Giants if Gregory can come back as well. The Giants game is very winnable but we need our o-line to carry this offense. Receivers need a bit more time to get open. I wonder if they aren't seeing much from christine, we should know after the bye.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Jones at free safety and Wilcox at strong. Our corners have been covering well enough.

This has been my hope since training camp. I hope they start to use Wilcox and Jones in those roles sooner than later - both have played very well so far. The injury to Scandrick muddied the waters a little bit but, Carr, Claiborne, Patmon, and White can handle the job I think. With an improved pass rush their jobs will get easier.

Jones could be an elite FS in pretty short order I think. Wilcox has really improved from last year, and would be a very good in the box SS. Barry Church needs to find a spot on the bench.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilcox has played much better in coverage and in space and with his angles IMO this year. He is still a better fit for and would be a very good in the box SS. Church is average at best.