• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Play the Bob Bob Bob...Bob Bob..B Bob

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we learned last night that Bouch is well Bouch....he's a great back up but his days as a serious starter are over. I think everyone felt that way that's why the Flyers signed Leights. So at this point they better play Bob on Sat and they may as well see what he has next Thur. Give the kid 2-3 games in a row and see what he has.

If he can surpass Bouch's level of play then he'll be a good test for Leights when he's back healthy but at least you know who's competing with who. Agree or disagree?

IMO he probably stops at least one of the last two goals against the bolts....

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Boucher against the Blues was a better performance than either of Bobrovsky's starts. So Boucher has the best start and the worst start. It's a full blown timeshare right now, and one bad game doesn't change that. Until one guy gets "Leighton against the Habs" kind of hot or one guy gets MAF cold, it's going to stay that way.

But I do think Bobrovsky should be starting. If he's exactly as good as Boucher, what do we gain by starting Boucher or what do we lose by starting the goalie of the future*?

*-Eriksson isn't doing very well with Skellefteå AIK. Last I saw, he was the backup (or at least 1b in a timeshare) with a sv% ~ .870, although he did pick up a 4-2 win last night.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I Agree its the same old problem with boosh...short side goals...and 5 hole goals...same with leighton both are poor on the post...boosh is a back up time for BOB to take over...see you at the game today...will give my love to cindy crysbee...lol...GO FLYERS!!!

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have to repectfully disagree andy...boosh has stretches where he is great and stretches were he is lost in space...he is a back up to anyone in the league...and bob has played much better overall...we have seen what boosh can do for ten years...TIME FOR A CHANGE TIME FOR THE BOB...

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Boosh got the nod for the Bolts game so Bob would be fresh and ready for the Pens round 2.

However I do agree, why waste time putting Boosh out there, we know he wont start unless there's injuries(please no!) but I was saying to Tox, why not start Bob 3or 4 games in a row and then spell him with Boosh. They need to let him build a rhythm and see how he performs. Quit playing it safe!!!

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Agree its the same old problem with boosh...short side goals...and 5 hole goals...same with leighton both are poor on the post...boosh is a back up time for BOB to take over...see you at the game today...will give my love to cindy crysbee...lol...GO FLYERS!!!

I think I'm a little jealous! Hope you have a great time though..:D

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Boucher against the Blues was a better performance than either of Bobrovsky's starts. So Boucher has the best start and the worst start. It's a full blown timeshare right now, and one bad game doesn't change that. Until one guy gets "Leighton against the Habs" kind of hot or one guy gets MAF cold, it's going to stay that way.

But I do think Bobrovsky should be starting. If he's exactly as good as Boucher, what do we gain by starting Boucher or what do we lose by starting the goalie of the future*?

*-Eriksson isn't doing very well with Skellefteå AIK. Last I saw, he was the backup (or at least 1b in a timeshare) with a sv% ~ .870, although he did pick up a 4-2 win last night.

Exactly. Let's face it, we know exactly what we are getting with Brian "Bobby" Boucher when he steps on the ice. Thus far, Bob has proved he can be at least that good -- and, him being the unknown, I think it behooves us to throw his feet to the fire and see what the kid is made of. We need to know exactly what we've got (from both guys) before Leights comes back so we can make the best decision of which 2 to keep with the big club.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavy has all but said Bob will get the nod today.

Fucking excellent. I'd hate to go down there tonight to have Boucher ruin my good time with another soft ass 5 hole goal. :rolleyes:

I'll be sitting 6th up from the bottom by the face off dot. Section 103. Look for the crazy mofo wearing his favorite # 17 Berube jersey flippin Cindy off all night!

:cool: :D

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavy has all but said Bob will get the nod today.

Fucking excellent. I'd hate to go down there tonight to have Boucher ruin my good time with another soft ass 5 hole goal. :rolleyes:

I'll be sitting 6th up from the bottom by the face off dot. Section 103. Look for the crazy mofo wearing his favorite # 17 Berube jersey flippin Cindy off all night!

:cool: :D

I was at a game against the canes last year when some schmuck took off his jacket and started flaunting a crosby shirt. We threw shit at him for the rest of the game -- it was glorious.

BTW -- Jealous as hell you are going to the game tonight. You gonna stay in the atrium and watch the Phils afterwards?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at a game against the canes last year when some schmuck took off his jacket and started flaunting a crosby shirt. We threw shit at him for the rest of the game -- it was glorious.

BTW -- Jealous as hell you are going to the game tonight. You gonna stay in the atrium and watch the Phils afterwards?

LOL! I love those kinds of game when everyone makes some wise ass the goat all night.

..and that depends on little Tox. He's 20 mo old, so he could have had enough by then. We hope to, but...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Let's face it, we know exactly what we are getting with Brian "Bobby" Boucher when he steps on the ice. Thus far, Bob has proved he can be at least that good -- and, him being the unknown, I think it behooves us to throw his feet to the fire and see what the kid is made of. We need to know exactly what we've got (from both guys) before Leights comes back so we can make the best decision of which 2 to keep with the big club.

Yep exactly my point lets figure out the unknown before Leights is back and then let the winner decide who starts for this team.

Wish I could be at this game but I'll be there in spirit and beer in hand..haha! Go Flyers!

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
bob needs to get 2/3 of the starts from here on out..lets see what hes got..whats the worst that could happen? he loses the job? thats fine. we really need to see what bob can do and what he can handle. especially if he could potentially take over the job from leights when he gets back

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bob continues to play like he has then Lava shouldnt have to think about Boosh

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I can blame him tonight the Flyers simply went off the rails after they hit two crossbars on the same rush and Carter decided to decapitate goligoski...game over.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob would have liked to have Criesby's first goal back, but I thought he played solidly even when nobody else did.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man that just sucked tonight...not bob problem...Flyers confused which side of the ice there bench was on...lots of players resting in the penalty box...5 on 3 twice three times...lol...i forget...somebody get me a beer...lol...now we have to suffer without Flyers hockey till next thursday...somebody give me two beers...oh hell leave the case...lol:(

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why it's still a timeshare. Boucher will get the next start, then Bobrovsky after that, and so on. Neither have proven that can completely take over a game when the D lets them down, and until one of them does for an extended period, it's going to continue to be a timeshare. That's how timeshares work.

That said, I thought Pronger has been the worst defender the Flyers have for the last 2 games. Was he really deked by Cooke on the empty netter, or at least how did Cooke get by him without any kind of defensive effort? Why was he looking at the puck at his feet while he held his stick 10 feet in the air for the Letestu goal? What was he doing on Stamkos' goal the other night? He only ever makes the 5 foot pass to a forward or his partner during breakouts. He's passing the puck as soon as he gets it on the PP, like he doesn't want it. I understand he missed training camp, but that doesn't make someone completely disinterested in the game the way he's looked the last few nights.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was more than the D letting him down they went to the box for what 5 straight penalties with a 4 on 3 and a 5 on 3 nothing too cheesy was let in. I would just like to find out if he should be going down to the AHL when Leights is back or they should send Bouch that's all.

Pronger hasn't been at his best but even he said it would take a week or so I'll give him a pass. Face it its not so much how many goals they're giving up they're simply not scoring enough..tonight just got out of hand with the penalties and they pulled their goalie which I thought wasn't a bad move at the time.

5 on 5 and PP is key right now they're relying on the PK for offense! Crazy shit!

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Plus, Bobrovsky admitted he can't communicate with his defenseman during a PK (language issues) so they are having trouble setting up in front of him.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is 5 days for Lava to work out these issues everyone above has mentioned. It will be interesting to see how they react. The Ducks are up next!