• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Play makers need to make plays

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need to get the ball to our guys this week. Tired of it year in and year out. Vernon should have 5 catches a game and Crabtree should also.

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's all on the O line. We have done well when we have time.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CrabDiva come on down. You just won a brand new pair of custom shoes. Just want to see him actually catch a ball.

I'll tell you who desperately misses Braylon Edwards already - Vernon Davis.

Someone needs to step up and make a big play on offense soon, that's for damn sure. Maybe this will be the game when a ball actually travels more than 20 yards down the field (and on one play too).

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send Ginn on more fly routes utilize his speed if even just to keep the defense honest. Expecting Williams to have a big game as the dark horse.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's all on the O line. We have done well when we have time.

agree.

ordinarily we say its on the QB first, but we already know what we've got there. so next the O-line has bigger room for improvement - RUN and pass.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its unfortunate when your OL cant block a guide for 2.5 secods so the QB can get the ball out. The WCO suppose to have quick plays but the OL wont allow that that happen because they cant hold there blocks. They have to play aggressive and mad. For some reason when I played sports I played better when I played mad. You can play mad and not play dirty we have a young line and I hope they develop quickly.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More consistancy!! 1 out 12 on 3rd down. Superstar RB 40 yards the next game! Th line giving 5 sacks with 6 tfl! The Offense needs to get in gear as well as the Defense. STs are doing great, Lee and Ackers could be headed to the Probowl! Go 49ers!!

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More consistancy!! 1 out 12 on 3rd down. Superstar RB 40 yards the next game! Th line giving 5 sacks with 6 tfl! The Offense needs to get in gear as well as the Defense. STs are doing great, Lee and Ackers could be headed to the Probowl! Go 49ers!!

Not exactly the players I was hoping for All Pro status. Maybe someone on the defense or offense?? I would love to know how many people in the stands are wearing Andy Lee jerseys. I know we joke about it on the boards, but besided PWilly and Gore he has to be the biggest name thoughout the league.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the oline is what it is. harbaugh needs to figure out a way to minimize the weakness. maybe the spider has some good ideas?

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We could also start using 2 TEs or 2RBs it would be nice to able to script out the first 20 to 25 plays like back i the day!!

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The run game is killing us. Gore is getting nothing and that also means that Norris is a wasted unit out there. So we are playing 9 on 11.

Open it up Jim. Let alex throw it to open up the run. It has worked nicely at times.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The run game is killing us. Gore is getting nothing and that also means that Norris is a wasted unit out there. So we are playing 9 on 11.

Open it up Jim. Let alex throw it to open up the run. It has worked nicely at times.

what does "open it up" mean? just more pass plays or more passes downfield?

yes, do use whatever works best, just that right now the O-line is limiting us too. there isn't much we do best?

btw - Alex Smith is limiting us too, but no sense we keep banging our heads over it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
can't win without a decent line on both sides of the ball

no question, but the O-line isn't....."is what it is" because they have big room for improvement. improvement more as a Unit but also individually.

Alex Smith is an "is what it is", because his room for improvement isn't big.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no question, but the O-line isn't....."is what it is" because they have big room for improvement. improvement more as a Unit but also individually.

Alex Smith is an "is what it is", because his room for improvement isn't big.

smith has improved more over the past year than the line has. 3 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder and there no pocket and gore's lucky to avg 2 yards a run? its pathetic.

at least smith is putting up better numbers despite the garbage line. remember he's still on track for a rich gannon type career. so improvement is possible.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
smith has improved more over the past year than the line has. 3 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder and there no pocket and gore's lucky to avg 2 yards a run? its pathetic.

at least smith is putting up better numbers despite the garbage line. remember he's still on track for a rich gannon type career. so improvement is possible.

lets drop it cause we're not on the same page. i'm addressing the part where you said O-line "is what it is". i took it you meant the O-line is like WYSIWYG, this is what we got from here on.

you're now explaining who improved more - Alex or O-line - from last year to now? don't disagree with your post above, but thats not what i was adressing.

btw - both Alex Smith and the O-line will improve, but one has more room to improve than the other....much more.

anyways, dropping it now. :-)

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'd say give the O-Line some time to evaluate in this system. We have two very young players and a new center in a new system. It's going to take a little while for it all to come together.

So far A. Davis hasn't looked terrible like last year. Staley's been awful but should get back on track. Iupati will be fine but has missed some blocks. Rachal's on the hot seat. Gooden seems to be struggling a lot too.

If changes need to be made, we could work Boone in and two rookies are developing for next year and beyond as possibilities. Good offensive coaching should get something to work in time, but it might not happen by this Sunday.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd say give the O-Line some time to evaluate in this system. We have two very young players and a new center in a new system. It's going to take a little while for it all to come together.

So far A. Davis hasn't looked terrible like last year. Staley's been awful but should get back on track. Iupati will be fine but has missed some blocks. Rachal's on the hot seat. Gooden seems to be struggling a lot too.

If changes need to be made, we could work Boone in and two rookies are developing for next year and beyond as possibilities. Good offensive coaching should get something to work in time, but it might not happen by this Sunday.

agree, some things were expected first two games. one is the O-line not gelling from the get go, granted didn't think they'd regress in game 2?

the second is miscommunication, IMO there were at least two in our secondary and one pass play on offense.

anyways, we're just about at the point where this 'gelling' and 'communication' SHOULD get better?