• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins(1) vs. New York Rangers(2) | Round 2

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suits need to liven up. Or give their tickets away.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Example: My Uncle lives in Indiana, watches maybe 2 games all year, then the playoffs. He did law school at Duquesne, knows a judge in town, has access to any tickets he wants. That's who is attending these POSTSEASON GAMES. That said, it's only worse at MSG.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suits need to liven up. Or give their tickets away.

I HATE the suits, luckily we weed them out come playoff team, that's when the real fans show up. Regular season, the 100's, mostly suits who don't care for the sport or game and it pisses me off.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATE the suits, luckily we weed them out come playoff team, that's when the real fans show up. Regular season, the 100's, mostly suits who don't care for the sport or game and it pisses me off.

The numbers are hard to beat in NYC because it's just a business town, but it's always pissed me off. Even game 7, so much of the lower bowl isn't even wearing blue. Who wears a suit to a playoff hockey game?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers are hard to beat in NYC because it's just a business town, but it's always pissed me off. Even game 7, so much of the lower bowl isn't even wearing blue. Who wears a suit to a playoff hockey game?

don-cherry.jpg

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trust me, I can't stand thos people. I wish we could rid ourselves of them

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see the issue with that if they're still cheering with everything they've got.

I've worn suits to several games, usually because I'm going right from work and don't have time to change. Sometimes not even enough time for a quick change in the bathroom or a nearby phone booth.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed it to be renovated, it's 100x better with the renovations. Even with it being old, all it's history and the events that have taken place there, i'd still take it over any arena in the world. But who am I kidding, i'm biased. You've never experienced a playoff hockey game, unless you've been to The Garden during one.

due respect johnny.. and maybe it just doesn't translate through the TV, but i thought the garden was dead silent until about 5 minutes left in the game last night. it didn't even sound like the crowd stirred when the rangers scored goals or had chances.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
due respect johnny.. and maybe it just doesn't translate through the TV, but i thought the garden was dead silent until about 5 minutes left in the game last night. it didn't even sound like the crowd stirred when the rangers scored goals or had chances.

The new renovations fucked up the sound in the arena, but I gotta disagree with it being quiet. The pregame before, the building was loud as hell, during the first and 2nd period it was loud, it got quiet after Akeson scored. You can just sense the nervousness from the crowd, but with around 5 minutes left, the building was electric.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

They even threw in a back to back in there between games two and three. TBH, I don't think it matters all that much. The playoffs are a war, and each team will arrive prepared to do battle no matter what.

Well back in the none pussy days of the playoffs it was 2 games a night off 3 games a night off and 2 games. So it has been done before.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the issue with that if they're still cheering with everything they've got.

I've worn suits to several games, usually because I'm going right from work and don't have time to change. Sometimes not even enough time for a quick change in the bathroom or a nearby phone booth.

Always time to put a jersey on! No excuse...

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Example: My Uncle lives in Indiana, watches maybe 2 games all year, then the playoffs. He did law school at Duquesne, knows a judge in town, has access to any tickets he wants. That's who is attending these POSTSEASON GAMES. That said, it's only worse at MSG.

Funny thing about Joe Louis Arena is that there is a PAY TO ATTEND BAR in the bottom level of the stadium where a lot of the suits go during the game and have no view of the game at all except for TVs in said bar so they are not only paying for the tickets to get in, but for entry into the bar only to watch it on TV. However, there are tons of people that also just sell all their regular season tickets who don't cheer during the playoffs anyways so not only do we have the suits (who are not in their seats) but people who don't cheer anyways during the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about Joe Louis Arena is that there is a PAY TO ATTEND BAR in the bottom level of the stadium where a lot of the suits go during the game and have no view of the game at all except for TVs in said bar so they are not only paying for the tickets to get in, but for entry into the bar only to watch it on TV. However, there are tons of people that also just sell all their regular season tickets who don't cheer during the playoffs anyways so not only do we have the suits (who are not in their seats) but people who don't cheer anyways during the playoffs.

In other words: there should be an fan aptitude test before entering the arena in the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words: there should be an fan aptitude test before entering the arena in the playoffs.

I would fail the enthusiasm portion. I'm pretty quiet during games. I study it when I'm there in person, try to figure out each team's system and their intricacies. I'll let out the "Yeah!" after a goal, but otherwise, I'll just calmly comment, "That was a good play," or "that was a bad play," and that's about it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would fail the enthusiasm portion. I'm pretty quiet during games. I study it when I'm there in person, try to figure out each team's system and their intricacies. I'll let out the "Yeah!" after a goal, but otherwise, I'll just calmly comment, "That was a good play," or "that was a bad play," and that's about it.

I am the same way. Kind of drives my son nuts, because I coach speak to him. "Did you see what Jenner did there?" "No".

My wife, on the other hand, is insane yelling at goalies for wandering and anyone who passes in front of the net.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am the same way. Kind of drives my son nuts, because I coach speak to him. "Did you see what Jenner did there?" "No".

My wife, on the other hand, is insane yelling at goalies for wandering and anyone who passes in front of the net.

I don't find either at fault. Seems a lot different than people who are there and only care about a win. Don't have to start any chants to be a fan and I always found it great to hear people around me talking intricacies about the game.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Samesies. I mentioned that in the Philly-Rags thread. I can't really critique crowds much because I'm not the fan you want at the game. I'm all nervous energy, so I sit on my hands. I'll mumble stuff to myself that I'm not happy with, maybe join in the chant, that's about it.