• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pirates All Stars?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I know not many folks visit the boards, but who do you think should represent the Pirates in the All Star game this year? For once, I think they have players who actually deserve to be All Stars and who won't get on the roster just because the Pirates need a representative.

For me, the only two deserving candidates are McCutchen and Hanrahan, both for obvious reasons. I think McCutchen should start, as he's been statistically the fourth best player in MLB this year so far. He does everything.

Hanrahan has been absolutely lights-out dominant. He's untouchable.

I also think Walker will get consideration, but I don't put much stock in counting stats like RBIs, so I don't regard him as a deserving candidate. Correia will also get consideration, but he's just been a little above average. Karstens has earned consideration, and I think he kind of deserves to go, but is a fringe guy right now. If Maholm keeps doing what he's been doing, he should also get consideration, and if Morton goes back to what he was doing at the start of the season, he should also get consideration.

So what do you guys have?

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we got snubbed.

Cutch and Correia were both deserving.

Hanrahan is our lone All-Star.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCutchen should be a top-5 MVP candidate this year, and he's not even on the All-Star roster. That's sad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to injuries, McCutchen and Correia are both in the All Star game now.