• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pinch Me

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only person in Broncos Country who still is getting used to the idea that Peyton Manning is our quarterback?! As the moon and the stars have come together over Colorado, it's been impressive to watch our beloved team dominate the rest of the NFL (so far......it's early). The Broncos have great depth of talent and a rich history. Peyton makes all of that so much better. What a great time to be a Broncos fan!

MH64

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed and we r doing it without miller and bailey... we will get even better... if Manning isn't yanked we score 60 easy today...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed and we r doing it without miller and bailey... we will get even better... if Manning isn't yanked we score 60 easy today...

Which would have been somewhat appropriate to do against Chip Kelly, considering he seemed to get his rocks off rolling up 65 points against inferior college opponents. But the Broncos showed some class and sportsmanship by taking their foot off the gas. And even with the backup QB they went on a scoring drive. Hilarious.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute beat down. Philly tried to make a game of it in the first half, but as soon as the 2nd half got started we put our foot on their throat.

Making it look almost too easy.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt Kelly say he would play us in a parking lot????? Maybe idk but maybe that is because he cant coach a winning team in the NFL on an actual football field....I Liked him in Oregon, not going to lie, but he never called his own plays in Oregon, the New head coach for Oregon was the one calling the plays which it is why they are doing just fine now without him, plus the Fact that he told Oregon he was staying and 5 days later he goes with the Eagles... I am happy he did because HE cheated while at Oregon and Paid a recruiter to pay a player... the NCAA investigated it hard and found it was on HIM and he ran from it all

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt Kelly say he would play us in a parking lot????? Maybe idk but maybe that is because he cant coach a winning team in the NFL on an actual football field....I Liked him in Oregon, not going to lie, but he never called his own plays in Oregon, the New head coach for Oregon was the one calling the plays which it is why they are doing just fine now without him, plus the Fact that he told Oregon he was staying and 5 days later he goes with the Eagles... I am happy he did because HE cheated while at Oregon and Paid a recruiter to pay a player... the NCAA investigated it hard and found it was on HIM and he ran from it all

This is where I think the NCAA and NFL need to work together and figure out some kind of punishment so these coaches can't just run from college to the pros the second they know they are in trouble. The problem then is the person who should be punished is almost rewarded by getting a bigger contract in the NFL then the college is the one left picking up the pieces.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would have been somewhat appropriate to do against Chip Kelly, considering he seemed to get his rocks off rolling up 65 points against inferior college opponents. But the Broncos showed some class and sportsmanship by taking their foot off the gas. And even with the backup QB they went on a scoring drive. Hilarious.

I can't blame a college coach for hanging as many points as possible on opponents. They actually take that stuff into account in the rankings. In the NFL, it does not matter how much you win by, just that you win.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame a college coach for hanging as many points as possible on opponents. They actually take that stuff into account in the rankings. In the NFL, it does not matter how much you win by, just that you win.

Actually if there is a tie for a playoff spot point differential does come into play. It is a long way down the list but it can actually affect whether a team is in the playoffs or not.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only person in Broncos Country who still is getting used to the idea that Peyton Manning is our quarterback?! As the moon and the stars have come together over Colorado, it's been impressive to watch our beloved team dominate the rest of the NFL (so far......it's early). The Broncos have great depth of talent and a rich history. Peyton makes all of that so much better. What a great time to be a Broncos fan!

MH64

You guys definitely look like the best team in the league. Worst case scenario, imo, is a 14-2 record which should get you home field throughout the play offs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys definitely look like the best team in the league. Worst case scenario, imo, is a 14-2 record which should get you home field throughout the play offs.

Well if we are the best then the Seahawks are a close 2nd. Honestly I would love to see the Seahawks Secondary face off against the Broncos passing attack in the Superbowl. That would be one of the better match ups of the whole season if that were to happen.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we are the best then the Seahawks are a close 2nd. Honestly I would love to see the Seahawks Secondary face off against the Broncos passing attack in the Superbowl. That would be one of the better match ups of the whole season if that were to happen.

I would love to see it as well. If they were to play right now though, I don't think the Hawks would score enough to beat you guys.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if the Broncos get to the Superbowl, I hope it's against the Seahawks. That would be an awesome game and would fire up an old AFC West rivalry! Of course, we need to get there first. There's a long way to go and we better focus on getting through the playoffs first.

Getting Von Miller and Champ back on the field will only make this team stronger and deeper. I'm actually glad in hindsight that they are out because it's giving other players an opportunity for reps. They haven't disappointed. Ayers, Phillips our linebackers and secondary have all performed extremely well.

This could very well be a season for the ages and would go a long way in healing the wounds from last year's playoff loss to Baltimore. Go Broncos!!

MH64

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% agree with you cd. If you would've asked me a couple weeks ago I probably would've given the Seahawks defense just a slight edge because they're so big and physical.

Now that we're a full month into the season I don't think there is any defense that's going to slow Peyton and the boys down. It's going to take an off day from him, or a phenomenal game plan by an opposing DC to stop this offense. They're head and shoulders above everybody else right now.

Seahawks still have a nasty team over there though, and God forbid anybody has to go through their house in the playoffs. Might as well just book em' for the Super Bowl if that's how the playoff seedings shake out.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sure one of you guys'll know this, but the Donks point output was pretty high with the '97 team(Elway and Terrell Davis big year). what did they end up with total for that season, and do you think these Donks can eclipse it...?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They averaged 31 points per game that year. I do think they will eclipse it this year just looking at the schedule and the way this offense is clicking it is hard to imagine them not getting it. They only have to average I think like 26 points per game the rest of the way to beat that mark. I think they can handle that.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sure one of you guys'll know this, but the Donks point output was pretty high with the '97 team(Elway and Terrell Davis big year). what did they end up with total for that season, and do you think these Donks can eclipse it...?

I'll be happy if they end up with a similar result :suds: Although the '98 offense was more prolific than the '97 version.

I think this offense will score more than that one did. I just hope our pass defense tightens up when Miller and Bailey return.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blame the BCS computer ranking system. If you let your foot off the gas against an inferior opponent to avoid embarrassing them then you are not as good as the team that won by 50+.

The need to get "Style Points" for the rankings is why the system is flawed.

Problem is, I don't think a 4 team playoff is any better.