• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pierre Le Brun: Parise agrees to terms with Wild

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That comparison isn't even remotely fair.

normal people like us would make that choice. But never get the chance. Taxes schools quality of life property value commute all factors into the normal worker

None of that applies to Parise. Kids can go to private school taxes arent an issue and commute isn't. He we wilve in a million plus house so resale value wont mater. He knows what he will make for the next 10 years...can anyone else say the same thing?

Secondly his career isn't the same as most.....I would love to live close to family and make a boatload...but if it was important for me to be considered the "best" in my field I might make that sacrafice as long as my quality of life wont suffer. A 10 million difference won't change that quality

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This makes me laugh. You make it sound like parise lives on the other side of the world. He lives 4hr plane flight away. It doesnt take 2 days to get to Minnesota anymore. It's an easy cop-out because i bet anyhing Minnesota gave him the most money and uses going home as an excuse

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you hear Zach talking about how he was talking to Ryan all season about playing together that pisses me off, he was trying to push the cash up is all he was doing

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Makes you wonder though why this seems to happen to nj? First neids and his brother excuse now Parise and his homesick excuse. It was sutter and his homesick excuse.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't want to be here, FUCK HIM! As others mentioned, glad he didn't go to one of our rivals or Detroit.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Chief I have to disagree with you, of course we would take more money to play closer to home but we are not making near the money he will be. If he had signed in NJ for a little less $ he would still be just fine for the rest of his life.

I respect that. But this is also a case of people saying they would do something when the fact is, we just don't know. I'd like to say that I would give a hometown discount, but I can't say for certain.

I also get the argument that if I make $75k v $65k it makes a big difference. And if Parise makes $7.5M v $6.5M what is the difference? But that's still an assload of money. And people saying "who cares what state he lives in..." it does matter folks. No income tax (in some states) means a hell of a lot more money in your pocket and for your kids and their kids. Inheritance tax, income tax, etc... it all matters.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I still dont buy that argument. If Parise ever needed more money he can do a sponsorship of some skates. A luxory u or i don't have. Also with all that money he can hire the best financial minds to invest his money something u or i dont have the ability to do. You make it sound like there arent multimillonaires living in jersey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Minnesota was so hell bent on "taking him home" then why didn't they draft him over us?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sayin cup this "hometown boy" BS stinks to high heavens and we are the victims of it. I'm hurt, I"m pissed and I'll rant if I damn well please. Watched game 6 earlier and with this I got to thinking "we won't be back anytime soon if ever" I bet if Marty knew Zach was leaving he wouldnt have re-signed with us. Every game next year will be like games 4,5 and 6 of finals. Marty having to win every game cause we got no firepower in front of him now. Someone earlier mentioned the 61 goals that have left from last years lineup, ev1 forgets the 38 assists sellout had, I dont kn ow exactly how many of those went on Poni and Syjora's goals but you get my point that those are more goals we'll have to replace.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Comin home, comin home, tell the world, I'm comin home"

Diddy Dirty Money

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm just sayin cup this "hometown boy" BS stinks to high heavens and we are the victims of it. I'm hurt, I"m pissed and I'll rant if I damn well please. Watched game 6 earlier and with this I got to thinking "we won't be back anytime soon if ever" I bet if Marty knew Zach was leaving he wouldnt have re-signed with us. Every game next year will be like games 4,5 and 6 of finals. Marty having to win every game cause we got no firepower in front of him now. Someone earlier mentioned the 61 goals that have left from last years lineup, ev1 forgets the 38 assists sellout had, I dont kn ow exactly how many of those went on Poni and Syjora's goals but you get my point that those are more goals we'll have to replace.

i agree brother zach played us all. how can it be about winning if you chose minny? screw it lets get ryan in here.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm upset he left....but shit happens and we just have to move on.
Hope Captain Lou had a plan B.....now is the time to put it in motion.

Oh don't want to hijack the thread but who do we put up on the banner in Parise place. I do not want to sign on and see his sorry ass mug shot at the top of the Devils page every single time. He's moved on so we should move him out of the banner.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets put a real Devil player on there I vote for Elias!

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pride was not there in Zach signing. Just an example from today's nba news. Steve Nash agreed to sign w/Lakers $25mil/3yrs turning down his home country team offer from Raptors $36mil/3yrs. His decision is a player's pride - he wants to win. So, no questions Parise sold out to Minn. Hell with him. Let's get Ryan or Semin or Mueller or someone else valuable to replace Zach.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
say we replace zach with the cup in the banner...also would be nice to switch the players up to their white uni's.

someone told me the star ledger had what the devils offer was but i couldnt find it. anyone know what their offer was? my friend told me the money was there it was just the years were different

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it's rough being a Canadian Devils fan today as I am... Lose my former favorite Devil to his "hometown" BS, then Steve Nash says Fuck my home country I'm going to play with Kobe

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash not coming to the Raptors is probably the best for them. Nash is on his tale end of his career and Raptors need more than his help.