• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick ups of the week: Week 2

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes getting looks, steelers are throwing. Ben likes him in the redzone. no tight end has more 20 yard catches, and hes tied i believe for 40 yard catches.........homer me up
I just worry about Vance McDonald. I know he came back last week, but I'm guessing he wasn't 100%. I know with Howard, I need to worry about Brate, but Fitz hasn't thrown his way once yet and it doesn't look like Winston will have a starting job when he is done with his suspension.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just worry about Vance McDonald. I know he came back last week, but I'm guessing he wasn't 100%. I know with Howard, I need to worry about Brate, but Fitz hasn't thrown his way once yet and it doesn't look like Winston will have a starting job when he is done with his suspension.
vance is a worry, but he was still running routes last week....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS thoughts on jesse james? And vance mcdonald stealing his catches
I’ve been scooping up McDonald. Steelers are working him back into the rotation slowly. Now that he’s holding up I think his workload is about to take off. His athleticism is desperately needed at the Steelers TE position. Nothing against Jesse, but it’s obvious.

Jesse doesn’t win battles or command attention. The reason he’s eating up yards is because so many teams are doubling & tripling AB. All he has to do is find the unguarded pockets in the secondary. If the Safety guards him he gets shut down quickly.

If Jesse can expose a secondary’s weakness just by moseying into position, then imagine what an athletic TE with better speed could do with those opportunities.

Sucks how fragile Vance is but It’s a risk worth taking IMO. I’m “buying low” in hopes that I’m right.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked up Djax in MBBRL this week

eyed him up and had him ready to add several times, but just couldn't ever pull the trigger
(DAdams, Evans, GTate, Stills, Lockett also had a little to do with my hesitation)

but i did take a shot that Fitzmagic keeps it going for another week or two in Barbarians league and my keeper league, so cheers and I hope it works out well for both of us

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eyed him up and had him ready to add several times, but just couldn't ever pull the trigger
(DAdams, Evans, GTate, Stills, Lockett also had a little to do with my hesitation)

but i did take a shot that Fitzmagic keeps it going for another week or two in Barbarians league and my keeper league, so cheers and I hope it works out well for both of us

I wanted to last week but i said let me give Anderson another week but he was bad once again. Doesn't seem like he is Darnold favorite so that made the decision a little easy

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to last week but i said let me give Anderson another week but he was bad once again. Doesn't seem like he is Darnold favorite so that made the decision a little easy

Personally just think it's part of growing pains of a 21yr old QB. Mentioned on sammy's thread, those big play throws take so much more timing, poise, patience, bench Anderson for a couple wks and see if they sync up in October as darnold continues his development

Not there yet, but jets look like they got a good one, but that might not matter for redraft

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked up Keelan Cole as the owner dropped him on Sunday and then the waiver locked so he was pissed...
The option to bid faab was between Djax or Cole and I went Cole 2 reasons. 1. Djax injury scare is always a week away. 2. Bortles has no qb behind him and is sneaky ok at using talented wr like Cole. And just FYI I love the #84 on a WR, LOL.

I picked up W.Dissly this week as well when I dropped Jesse James the Dissly owner dropped him for J. James so basically a free faab trade off without knowing it... So for the 3rd week in a row I'm going with a new TE and poor Dissly with be DUB cursed now!!!!

-DUB-