• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium - F-1 - Pirelli British Grand Prix, Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire, England, July 2021

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think how the front starts is how they will finish

Verstappen
Hamilton
Bottas
LeClerc

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VER
HAM
BOT
NOR

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a replay of FP2 and the Mercs just look off. Changing to

VER
HAM
NOR
LEC

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verstappen left Hamilton in the dust and he wins the pole for tomorrow's race. Hamilton finished second followed by Bottas for third in the F-1 Sprint.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's How We Did: For the Sprint

ckhokie:
1 point-Correctly selected Bottas for third
forty_three: 1 point-Correctly selected Bottas for third
Hank Kingsley: 1 point-Correctly selected Bottas for third
Retroram52: 1 point-Correctly selected Bottas for third
Schmoopy1000: 8 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win; Correctly selected Hamilton for Second Place; Correctly selected Bottas for Third Place; Received the 2 point bonus for running the table

2021 Season totals:

ckhokie:
57 points
forty_three: 46 points
Hank Kingsley: 48 points
Retroram52: 66 points
Schmoopy1000: 44 points

Next Race: Great Britain Grand Prix, July 18, 2021

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Race, I'll go with Verstappen, Hamilton, Bottas, LeClerc.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ckhokie:
Schmoopy1000: 8 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win; Correctly selected Hamilton for Second Place; Correctly selected Bottas for Third Place; Received the 2 point bonus for running the table

2021 Season totals:

ckhokie:
57 points

Woooooo!!!! I am on my way!
Image result for look out boys gif

People better start picking like me or I might accidentally pass you!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warnings & Penalties given

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ckhokie:

2021 Season totals:

ckhokie:
57 points

Too late for me to join this year but hit me up next season.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get, I dont know F1 & their rules, but I have to say Booooo today.

A guy causes a red flag & benefits to the fact he caused a red flag.
If he had to pit under yellow for repairs, I dont think he wins that race. But they threw a red & he fixed his car & kept his position.
I knew a 10 second penalty wasnt gonna be anything also. The fastest car in the field & up front. If he doesnt get the penalty he would have won by well more than 10 seconds.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get, I dont know F1 & their rules, but I have to say Booooo today.

A guy causes a red flag & benefits to the fact he caused a red flag.
If he had to pit under yellow for repairs, I dont think he wins that race. But they threw a red & he fixed his car & kept his position.
I knew a 10 second penalty wasnt gonna be anything also. The fastest car in the field & up front. If he doesnt get the penalty he would have won by well more than 10 seconds.
Yeah, but the only repair done to Hamilton's car was the tires, they didn't change the wing. So he didn't benefit a ton from the red. He might have restarted at the back, but his pace on the new tires would have had him running toward the front anyway once everyone else had to pit. Look how Perez went through the field twice.

My thought on it is that if Verstappen had just raced and not spent all that time swerving and trying to push Lewis around he would have been a car length+ into Copse when he slammed the door (or at least tried to). At the end of the day it was a racing incident because both drivers are bullheaded. As Szafnauer said "If that's not a racing incident, then nothing is". Marko whining that Lewis deserves a ban is hilarious.

Speaking of whining:

Oh boo hoo. A guy is having fun at his home race! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the only repair done to Hamilton's car was the tires, they didn't change the wing. So he didn't benefit a ton from the red. He might have restarted at the back, but his pace on the new tires would have had him running toward the front anyway once everyone else had to pit. Look how Perez went through the field twice.

My thought on it is that if Verstappen had just raced and not spent all that time swerving and trying to push Lewis around he would have been a car length+ into Copse when he slammed the door (or at least tried to). At the end of the day it was a racing incident because both drivers are bullheaded. As Szafnauer said "If that's not a racing incident, then nothing is". Marko whining that Lewis deserves a ban is hilarious.

Speaking of whining:

Oh boo hoo. A guy is having fun at his home race! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Well he did repair his front nose piece under red. Had no choice but to change tires. They were saying something about a cracked rim or something. If he does that under yellow & goes to back. Which they would have just changed the nose piece under yellow. No way he wins the race in the end. He might have still made it to a podium or top 5, but that eliminates his chance at the win. Perez only made it to p10 as far as passing cars. Hamilton had a better so he would gotten further forward, but without the benefit of the red flag fixes. He loses.
To me this isnt a hamilton Verstappen thing. I just dont understand as a race fan/racer how a team that caued an accident gets to benefit from it. I know in F1 they are allowed to do all these things. I am not talking black helicopters here. Just dont understand these rules. Especially dont feel like a driver should benefit from causing a red flag. Since he was penalized the F1 people found him at fault, no matter what we think. Starting in the back would have been a way bigger penalty than giving a front running car a 10 second penalty.

Now with all that said. I dont believe Hamilton meant to wreck anyone & I laugh at the notion he should be suspended, but the penalty given I just looked at was to make the race more interesting near the end, vs. him just running away with the race. he was a useless penalty.

Out of all the commentators tip toeing around being careful not to hurt feelings (being PC) I would probably agree with Buttons evaluation the most.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely separate thing about that wreck.
Heard he took 51 G's in that wreck.
Cars are so much in control on TV doesnt look as fast as they are. That is hitting a ton.
TV doesnt do them justice.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panzerwagon victory lap coming up!

10 seconds I guess was just.

Max had a hand in that wreck. And Marko should shut the fuck up. Max has dared Hamilton not to lift all year. Be careful what you wish for.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max is a hot head and I don’t agree with his IG post, but not sure how you can watch the footage and think that wreck is anything but Lewis’ fault. Max even spun his wheel left to give room for Lewis, which he didn’t have to do, while Lewis left his foot in it and didn’t take the additional room to the right that he had. It was Max’ right to the line, and Lewis pitted him.

I expected 10 seconds, but expected a stop and go. given what other penalties there have been this year ‘for safety,’ this one definitely seemed very light - that was a BAD accident. I think Lewis got the serious benefit of being Lewis and it being the GB GP

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max is a hot head and I don’t agree with his IG post, but not sure how you can watch the footage and think that wreck is anything but Lewis’ fault. Max even spun his wheel left to give room for Lewis, which he didn’t have to do, while Lewis left his foot in it and didn’t take the additional room to the right that he had. It was Max’ right to the line, and Lewis pitted him.

I expected 10 seconds, but expected a stop and go. given what other penalties there have been this year ‘for safety,’ this one definitely seemed very light - that was a BAD accident. I think Lewis got the serious benefit of being Lewis and it being the GB GP
I actually wondered about that. Again dont know enough of F1 politics &/or if it played into the decisions from the stewards. Knowing if he won at his home track & that would be popular for F1 in general. or maybe just because he is the Dale Earnhardt (top driver) of F1. Gets some light handed slaps where another driver might get a more severe penalty. Or if none of these played into the decision.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wondered about that. Again dont know enough of F1 politics &/or if it played into the decisions from the stewards. Knowing if he won at his home track & that would be popular for F1 in general. or maybe just because he is the Dale Earnhardt (top driver) of F1. Gets some light handed slaps where another driver might get a more severe penalty. Or if none of these played into the decision.

That's simply sour grapes.

I bet you go around the pit, 85% will say racing incident.

Just the guys on the short end of the stick whining.

Max dared him and Lewis took the dare.