• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium - F-1 - Heineken Grande Premio de Sao Paulo, Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace Circuit, Sao Paulo, Brazil, November 11-13, 2022

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to be pissed at Max for this, but he also beat Checo by over 4 seconds. The call came in very late on the radio - maybe midway through the final lap. Is the expectation that he stops? Beyond whatever the Monaco beef is with Checo, scrubbing that much speed feels pretty unsafe

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to be pissed at Max for this, but he also beat Checo by over 4 seconds. The call came in very late on the radio - maybe midway through the final lap. Is the expectation that he stops? Beyond whatever the Monaco beef is with Checo, scrubbing that much speed feels pretty unsafe
Gotta disagree. When the team orders came for Checo to move aside for Max, the instruction was clear to see if Max could take points from LEC. He was told clearly at the time that if he couldn't get past LEC, he would have to give it back to Checo. He knew two laps from the end he wasn't going to get Alonso let alone Charles. He had plenty of time to yield and chose to be a child over 2 points when his championship is already decided.

Straight up bush league.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No victory laps in Panzerwagon around my burgh today as I was trying to watch my Cowboys shit the bed...

Which they did.

I love the way an obviously disappointed not yet to win Hamilton was genuinely very happy for Russell and the team.

Unlike whiny Max and milk toast Leclerc.

I wonder about the next race.

The zero side pod was looking pretty fine today.

And it's such a lovely track. Genuine overtasking spots.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max is a POS teammate. I know nothing will hapen to him because he is the Red Bull driver, but all I seen this year & last year is Checo make sacrifices for Max even run as a running road block for Max. One position that means nothing for Max & he comes as some arrogant POS. Instead of a good teammate. If it were for a podium I would think ok. (maybe) but for 5th. He already locked up the championship. This is for the team to finish one & two in points. To bad he is that good. because I doubt RB even reprimands him. Dont want him to go into spoiled brat mode. Checo has been nothing but a model teammate. Max is only about Max & Max only. What a POS.

But I actually dislike this guy now!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The zero side pod was looking pretty fine today.
The things that's funny is they asked James Allison from Merc what was different and he just smiled and said "We haven't changed anything. It's exactly the same car we had in US and Mexico"

Yeah, right. Sure it is.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things that's funny is they asked James Allison from Merc what was different and he just smiled and said "We haven't changed anything. It's exactly the same car we had in US and Mexico"

Yeah, right. Sure it is.
All year they’ve had good tracks and shit tracks. But these last three they’ve been competitive in. Could almost have won all three of them in fact if they hadn’t fucked up strategy.

In 1997 when Villeneuve won, he got a bit of an assist from McLaren, Hakkinen and Coulthard, and McLaren was coming on really strongly at the end of the season. They won that last race and went on to win two championships in a row.

This strong finish from MB makes me think of that. It would be sweet if they won in Abu Dhabi.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I read today about Perez was that he’d helped Max win that last race last year by holding up Hamilton. While he did hold up Hamilton for a while Hamilton was running away with the race until Latifi crashed. So I’m not exactly sure how Perez helped Max in that race but he’s definitely helped Max in the past.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I read today about Perez was that he’d helped Max win that last race last year by holding up Hamilton. While he did hold up Hamilton for a while Hamilton was running away with the race until Latifi crashed. So I’m not exactly sure how Perez helped Max in that race but he’s definitely helped Max in the past.
Had Perez not held him up, Lewis would have made enough of a lead to have time to pit when the SC came out. He would have had fresh tires on to defend against Max.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Perez not held him up, Lewis would have made enough of a lead to have time to pit when the SC came out. He would have had fresh tires on to defend against Max.

The timing of that safety car was not good for Lewis where he was on the track.