• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick 6 teams

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I assume that for the "loser" bracket the same point rules apply, just reversed?

Winners:
Group I:
Broncos: Good offseason, easy division.
Texans: They've got two softies to beat up on in that division and have an all around good team.

Group II:
Saints: Drew Brees is too good not to lead this team to 10+ wins.

Group III:
Lions: I felt like they really underachieved relative to their roster talent. They have the talent level of a 10 win team IMO.
Raiders: I was really excited when the Seahawks signed Matt Flynn. I believe he has a good career ahead of him.
Chiefs: I don't have faith in Alex Smith but I do have faith in the rest of the roster that KC has.

Losers:
Group I:
Vikings: I don't see how AP can carry them again like he did last season.
Bengals: Not that I think the Bengals are going to fall off, just felt like there was nobody else on that list to pick.

Group II:
Dolphins: They had some nice additions but I'm still not a fan of Ryan Tannehill.

Group III:
Browns: They've got nothing going for them on offense other than Trent Richardson.
Jaguars: I wish Gus Bradley the best but I don't think there is enough talent on this roster yet.
Jets: That image of Mark Sanchez running into his offensive linemen is just seared in my mind.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I assume that for the "loser" bracket the same point rules apply, just reversed?

Winners:
Group I:
Broncos: Good offseason, easy division.
Texans: They've got two softies to beat up on in that division and have an all around good team.

Group II:
Saints: Drew Brees is too good not to lead this team to 10+ wins.

Group III:
Lions: I felt like they really underachieved relative to their roster talent. They have the talent level of a 10 win team IMO.
Raiders: I was really excited when the Seahawks signed Matt Flynn. I believe he has a good career ahead of him.
Chiefs: I don't have faith in Alex Smith but I do have faith in the rest of the roster that KC has.

Losers:
Group I:
Vikings: I don't see how AP can carry them again like he did last season.
Bengals: Not that I think the Bengals are going to fall off, just felt like there was nobody else on that list to pick.

Group II:
Dolphins: They had some nice additions but I'm still not a fan of Ryan Tannehill.

Group III:
Browns: They've got nothing going for them on offense other than Trent Richardson.
Jaguars: I wish Gus Bradley the best but I don't think there is enough talent on this roster yet.
Jets: That image of Mark Sanchez running into his offensive linemen is just seared in my mind.

Same point system all around. You just try to get as many points as possible vs. as few points as possible.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it. I'm in.

It's on. I'm surprised that it took you so long. I'm guessing that seeing Bills QB situation help cemented your choose. Regardless I think I'll win, most likely go right down to the end. Makes for a more interesting season.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just haven't been on for a couple days. Classes started Monday and I have some responsibilities for my fraternity as well as other school related obligations that came up this week. As a I settle in a bit my activity will pick back up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm starting to wish that I picked the Ravens as one of my group one losers instead of the Bengals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Looks like I went 4 for 6 on my winners picks and 6 for 6 on my losers picks for week one.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 out of 6 on winners (and Im glad the Rams beat the Cards)
4 out of 6 on losers (2 of them played each other and will again next week. Oops)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think the Texans have been pretty shaky despite their 2-0 start. They need to play A LOT better in the first 2-3 quarters of their games if they want to beat the great teams.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My losers are looking good. Only 2 wins between them. Winners, pretty meh but I am usually way better at picking the crappy teams.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far both teams are 2-0. I feeling good about this wager so far, how about you?

I'm optimistic. I think it comes down to the playoff runs, and if things come together, we can be just as serious Super Bowl contenders as you will be. The fact that they are picking up wins through sloppy play and the receivers are starting to get involved definitely has me hopeful.