• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philly game

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling from reading the board that most are feeling pretty confident about this game. I really see it as a toss up being a road game and with the injuries to Murray and Ware. Not trying to come off as a pessimist here, but I see this game as pretty even.

Two biggest questions to me are:
How well will our Offense do (even against Philly's crappy D) if we can't run the ball? We have had our biggest problems when the other team knows what to expect and when our running game isn't working. One of the reasons I have been arguing "Pro Murray" on a couple of threads latrely is because of how well our Offense does when we have the other team concerned about the run game. I would feel A LOT better if we had Dunbar.

How well is our coverage going to be if we can't get pressure on Foles? It's not just being without our best pass rusher. It's being without our best pass rusher AFTER losing all the other DL as well. Also got pretty nervous reading that Selvie didn't practice yesterday. Hopefully that was just a precaution...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is fairly even. I am not impressed with foles as a qb. Cowboys can't be dropping any of his balls as I know he will make a few bad throws. This could be a shootout

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling the Dallas secondary will be a major factor in the win.

Think about it ...when was the last time the Cowboys beat the first 3 divisional opponents?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling the Dallas secondary will be a major factor in the win.

Think about it ...when was the last time the Cowboys beat the first 3 divisional opponents?

I tend to agree about Dallas making some plays on defense. Still think they give up 24 points and 400 yards. Keeping McCoy under 200 yards total offense will be key

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point as banged up as this DLine is the Offense needs to carry the load along with solid special teams play.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty even game. Romo over Foles should give us a light edge. If Vick were playing I'd be more worried. Cowboys 31-24.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us stopping McCoy so we have to limit Jackson to 1 td and fewer than 120 yrds receiving. Don't ever punt to him.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarntt, Im so glad you said it first. I get accused of bringing up negative things so I didnt want to say anything just yet. Honestly though, this one scares me a lot. It shouldnt because Philly is supposedly rebuilding - changing schemes both offensively and defensively. I think our injuries counter all that though. I heard JG saying the other day that we played man coverage vs the Skins because we needed an extra guy up for the run/ read option. We saw our CBs probably have their best game as a whole playing man. Surely we will see more of this . Offesively, I expect a lot of empty sets if we dont run the ball effectively . I think their DBs are their biggest concern. Foles is pretty good, but if you list the QBs we have played already and ranked them in order- I would have Foles 7th. I would have McCoy tied for 1st with Charles. Their WRs- 4rth or 5th. Its more the scheme they run that bothers me.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one like how we match up against the Eagles. I think with Vick not in, our rotation players will have an easier time getting to the QB vs if Vick was in. I think Scand can help limit Jackson with Carr shutting down Cooper. Their main threat, McCoy, is the only hope, imo, of Eagles winning. I see our backers (Lee, Carter) swarming him though. Not saying he won't get his, he will... But I see them doing a pretty good job.

On offense, I can see Romo having a good day, and our ground game totaling 75 yards. Dez gets his.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Ware is also a game time decision now. Maybe they let him play a few obvious pass rushing downs.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only 1 game left on our schedule that I fear, and its not the Egals.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm a pessimist. I fear both Philly games because their offense can score points and with our defense as it's playing right now is no guarantee they can stop the Eagles. I fear Detroit especially if CJ is healthy. I fear NO no explanation needed. I fear both Chi, and GB because the are both solid teams who can beat any team in the NFL and I still fear our next Washington.

Now please don't take this as gloom and doom, because I think we should be able to beat all of them with NO being the toughest, but these are not cake walk games.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the fact is maybe they wouldnt be doom and gloom when looking at it if this team would step up and win a big game on the road. Just read the dallascowboys.com writers gut feelings about this game. Needless to say after reading , Im pissed off. Its time to make a statement and EARN some respect from other teams, fans, media, etc. Until they do win though , it will remain a sense of uncertainty with me. I dont want to hear its going to be high scoring and likely come down to a field goal, blah blah, blah.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the fact is maybe they wouldnt be doom and gloom when looking at it if this team would step up and win a big game on the road. Just read the dallascowboys.com writers gut feelings about this game. Needless to say after reading , Im pissed off. Its time to make a statement and EARN some respect from other teams, fans, media, etc. Until they do win though , it will remain a sense of uncertainty with me. I dont want to hear its going to be high scoring and likely come down to a field goal, blah blah, blah.

I'm confused. Are you saying we should only be worried about 2 games or 8 games?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im worried about all 10. Until they step up and show anything consistent , I will remain uneasy everytime we step on the field.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a short way, I basically agree with everything you have said.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I was more or less just agreeing with you. I figured he was talking about NO. I just said I would add another number to that 1 . That number being a 0 to make it 10. Im tired of being mediocre