• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies Winter Rumors, Moves and Trades

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has some speed to him for sure.
Will be a good guy to get on base to create havoc for the opposing pitcher right along with Victorino and Rollins.

Exactly, he can create many scoring opportunities.

Yeah....really looking forward to seeing him coming off the bench to create some opportunities.

Also good to hear Pence has avoided arbitration. $10.4MM for one year.

Yes, sir. He has one more year of arbitration eligibility before hitting the free agent market.

Love it. Wish they could have worked out a contract for something longer, but....there's plenty of time for that.

SportsGuy305

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A major league source tells FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal that Roy Oswalt was ''not close to signing a deal with the Cardinals'' late Friday night.

SportsGuy305

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Only one thing occured today/tonight:

Phillies signed RHP Chad Qualls to a one-year, $1.15 million contract.

Qualls had some scary splits away from Petco Park last year (5.05 ERA in 35 2/3 innings) and posted a 7.32 ERA across 59 innings with the Diamondbacks and Rays in 2010. The Phillies will hope for better out of the 6-foot-5 33-year-old right-hander, but they're unlikely to get it.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what to think on Qualls. Don't really know too much about him but it sounds like he's worth giving a shot so I guess we'll see.

Football is finally done and it's time to start thinking baseball. 12 days until pitchers and catchers report!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Oswalt gone I think the Phillies still have the best rotation right now going into the 2012 season. Angels probably have the next best thing. If Halladay, Lee and Hamels stay healthy the Phils could be on their way to winning 100 games again. Hopefully Blanton is doing better. He has always seemed to be kind of on and off and not shown a whole lot of consistency.

I am excited to see what Worley will do as he continues his career after a very promising start. And then there is Kendrick. He has shown bright spots but always seems to come up short. Will be interesting to see what he is looking like this year at ST. Always nice to have another starter arm around regardless.

Also glad that they finally put an end to the “Who is our closer?” question from last year and brought in Papelbon. I always thought Madson had the stuff to be the closer but they seemed reluctant to give him the job. Reds are lucky to have him.

Last edited by a moderator:

LuckyNucky

Original 29th Crew Member
Philadelphia Born and Raised, NJ Et Alia..
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, pc. It will be interesting to see what Varanimal and KK do this year with a full rotation season.

As for Mad-Dog, I can see where the Phils were reluctant to hand over the reigns. He's probably the real deal, but Paps is the real deal.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen where you guys might take Mike Young. PLEASE!!!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves are making a lot of noise this winter and the Nationals continue to build an already solid team.

It's looking like a tough year for them Phillies..

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michael Young, the overpriced and underperforming Ranger who still wants to start but has no position and can't hit well enough to DH :)

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Young, the overpriced and underperforming Ranger who still wants to start but has no position and can't hit well enough to DH :)

Yeah, he's in a tough spot. A decent player but there are definitely better options.

I can see how they wouldn't want to give him an everyday starting job but I can also see how he would be pissed about not getting an everyday starting job.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's in a tough spot. A decent player but there are definitely better options.

I can see how they wouldn't want to give him an everyday starting job but I can also see how he would be pissed about not getting an everyday starting job.

Yeah, he complained about moving to 3rd, then complained and asked for a trade when moved to UIF/DH, so he will complain when asked to just play sparingly. He is due $16M this year and doesn't have power or the .300 ability anymore. His defense is not good enough to play everyday except maybe at 1st.

For some reason the rumor is out there that you guys want him (with some cash). I think it is not a real rumor, just bored writers speculating.

Joreenbaby

Issues but no tissues
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bourn's looking for the big payday and Revere's price tag was a lot more attractive. But to give up Worley? Huh, we'll see I guess if the price was right.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bourn's looking for the big payday and Revere's price tag was a lot more attractive. But to give up Worley? Huh, we'll see I guess if the price was right.

I say it was a good move. Revere more than covers his ground in CF. He's a one man highlight reel.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like it happened as fordman had hopped. Maybe MY can resurrect himself with a new team in the NL.