• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies-Cardinals-Game Thread. Monday.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies start a tough road trip in St Louis tonight. It will be Hamels VS Lackey.

Hamels is 1-2 with a 2.88 era in 6 career starts in Busch stadium. Lackey is 2-3 with a 3.38 era in 5 career
starts against the Phils. Shortstop J.Peralta is 3-8 against Hamels and all 3 were doubles.
In other news Dom Browns rehab expires on Weds. The Phillies may wait until then to call him up.
He is hitting .129 in triple A. Would like to see Sizemore released but since Amaro paid him 2 million guaranteed it may not happen. I know in my heart that Sizemore was hastily signed by Amaro as another blocker against Ruf. With Brown being lefthanded we still do not have enough right handed bats in the lineup. I can not see Brown helping this team much at all. When you have trouble with hitting in the minors
it does not translate well in the majors. It will be interesting to see how this scenario plays out!

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies start a tough road trip in St Louis tonight. It will be Hamels VS Lackey.

Hamels is 1-2 with a 2.88 era in 6 career starts in Busch stadium. Lackey is 2-3 with a 3.38 era in 5 career
starts against the Phils. Shortstop J.Peralta is 3-8 against Hamels and all 3 were doubles.
In other news Dom Browns rehab expires on Weds. The Phillies may wait until then to call him up.
He is hitting .129 in triple A. Would like to see Sizemore released but since Amaro paid him 2 million guaranteed it may not happen. I know in my heart that Sizemore was hastily signed by Amaro as another blocker against Ruf. With Brown being lefthanded we still do not have enough right handed bats in the lineup. I can not see Brown helping this team much at all. When you have trouble with hitting in the minors
it does not translate well in the majors. It will be interesting to see how this scenario plays out!

actually not that interesting! They have to activate brown and assign him to the AAA or better yet, AA. At least sizemore can field.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually not that interesting! They have to activate brown and assign him to the AAA or better yet, AA. At least sizemore can field.

The Phillies only have one option left for Brown. If they send him to the minors and then bring him up later
he will have to remain on the team. If his performance is weak then I guess they could place him on waivers or release him. So I think they will call him up now and then use that last option to send him back later.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just learned that Galvis is batting 8th again. At least they could put Chooch in the 8 hole and move Galvis to 7th.
Ryno is clueless!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Phillies. :clap:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck. Another homer for Howard tonite off the right hander. And a double since he's almost fully primed.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe they actually got 3 runs that inning. With their pathetic offense I would have pinch hit for Hamels. I Guess Ryno pushed the right buttons there