• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers Vs LA Kings Feb 01, 2014

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be missing the edit button but I also will mention that my GDT on monday will be slightly different.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were on Muzzin. The first goal he left Simmons alone and crossed in front of Quick to (I'm guessing) try to block the pass but lost his balance making the cross-ice pass to Simmons a piece of cake. Quick never had a chance. The second was his dumb pass attempt leading to Doughty getting the penalty which ended up in Giroux getting the power play goal. Wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't the one failing to cover Giroux too but I don't even remember who was out on the PK unit for that one. Wasn't paying much attention by that point.

Ox

I had a hockey game at 4pm so I had to leave at 3 (we lost 3-2, I experienced Kings luck. Broke up a 2-on-1 late but hit a rut and couldn't get to the puck just sitting there, third man in beat me to it and whipped it passed our goalie. We pulled our goalie and buzzed and pressured, hit two posts and scored as time expired and the ref waived it off. Seemed to me it should have counted but we're a rec league and no review. I pleaded our case, the other team was silent and incognito because they probably knew it counted too) and missed all of the third and some of the second, but it was only 1-0 at that point and I felt the Kings could have won this game.

Quick made some unbelievable saves, some at point blank. I can't remember a game where the opposing goalie had to make high light reel saves the way Quick does every few minutes it seems. I'd be pretty pissed were I him at his teammates, give me some effin goal support for crying out loud.

On the first goal, Muzzin started the whole play. I think he played the 2-on-1 fine with Lecavalier, it was a great play by Lecavalier cocking the pass a little and froze both Muzzin and Quick. The problem began when he tried that stupid pass across the zone when he didn't need to.

Giroux is in plain sight and is a solid two-way forward, Muzzin clearly didn't see that. The guy is freaking awful and makes mistakes like this that end up costing the game, and in this game this play leading to the Simmonds goal did.

Trade this piece of garbage for a 3rd round pick for all I care.

Last edited by a moderator: