• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers Vs LA Kings Feb 01, 2014

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
philadelphia-flyers-logo.jpg
Vs
$(KGrHqFHJF!E-oCZ0jf!BPz-lNlKtQ~~60_35.JPG

@
staples-center-address.jpg

4:00PM ET/1:00PM PT - LOCAL COVERAGE FSW/LOCAL RADIO KTLK AM 1150

PREVIEW:Philadelphia Flyers vs. Los Angeles Kings - Preview - February 01, 2014 - ESPN Los Angeles

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Projected Lines

Tyler Toffoli – Anze Kopitar – Jeff Carter
Dustin Brown – Mike Richards – Justin Williams
Dwight King – Jarret Stoll – Trevor Lewis
Kyle Clifford – Colin Fraser – Jordan Nolan

Jake Muzzin – Drew Doughty
Robyn Regehr – Slava Voynov
Willie Mitchell – Matt Greene

Jonathan Quick

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday afternoon game: never a good thing. Hopefully Wayne Simmonds took the Flyers out to all his favorite bars late last night

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job Muzzin, great idea to try a 100 foot pass diagonally leaving the zone.

PLEASE bench this asshole.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We laugh, but these are the little things I always talk about. The guy just makes such poor decisions, he has a bag of marbles between his ears.

Couldn't just make the right play and bank it off the wall he was on or make a safer play, right? Stupid jackass.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We laugh, but these are the little things I always talk about. The guy just makes such poor decisions, he has a bag of marbles between his ears.

Couldn't just make the right play and bank it off the wall he was on or make a safer play, right? Stupid jackass.

:agree: Muffin cake is just a dumb ass, this is nothing new we can add Brown to that list also.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! this team will be quickly out of the playoffs in no time. Fuck this team!!:gaah:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting the Kings dominate zone time, take 30 shots per game, yet can't score any goals (other than Kopitar). I gather too many players just watching others take shots and not attacking the net.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This squad is going to get run out of the building against the Hawks. This team has turned from hardened playoff contender to dog feces in a matter of weeks. I don't recall ever seeing it before.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This squad is going to get run out of the building against the Hawks. This team has turned from hardened playoff contender to dog feces in a matter of weeks. I don't recall ever seeing it before.

I hope they do, honestly. I hope it's 5-0 Chicago and the Kings are humiliated and forced to make changes to their game plan.

There are guys on this team who can score but because of the system in place they are restricted. I wouldn't mind seeing the system augmented a little bit to allow more offensive creativity and not be so "heavy". So the team GA goes up by .5 or whatever, it will win some games and stop this bleeding.

Sutter needs to accept some responsibility as well, can't be so stubborn. Make some personnel changes, like benching Muzzin and Williams.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sad performance. I actually kind of feel sorry for them because right now they have to face the Kings fans who shelled out $75 (general admission) for the "Tip-a-King" event. Don't know what the VIP tickets went for this year. They should be greeted by some angry fans. At least I hope so. Maybe getting to hear the fans disappointment face-to-face will light a spark. That is if they actually do care what the fans think.

The real sad part is that the Kings completely controlled play but just couldn't score. They made Mason look like an all-star. He made a few good saves but I didn't see any that were highlight reel jobs. Save for two mistakes that resulted in the puck getting behind Quick they had a solid defensive effort. Both were on Muzzin. The first goal he left Simmons alone and crossed in front of Quick to (I'm guessing) try to block the pass but lost his balance making the cross-ice pass to Simmons a piece of cake. Quick never had a chance. The second was his dumb pass attempt leading to Doughty getting the penalty which ended up in Giroux getting the power play goal. Wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't the one failing to cover Giroux too but I don't even remember who was out on the PK unit for that one. Wasn't paying much attention by that point. Anybody want a ticket for Monday night? I'm very seriously thinking of skipping that game. It has all the makings of a complete blowout.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's up for a Game thread starter?? We need new blood.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sort of agree with this. I haven't seen as many King games as you guys, but I've seen them play the Ducks, Pens, & Flyers recently and felt they played well enough to win, just didn't get bounces or anything going in front of the other team's net. I think guys need to start going to the net and things will eventually start bouncing their way. They've demonstrated great zone play in spite of this slump. Hang in there King fans we all go thru these slumps once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator: