• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at Toronto Maple Leafs 3/8/14 | 7:00pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overtime!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an utterly fucking disgusting game. I absolutely hate how the refs can fuck a team out of a win.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers shouldn't have gotten down 2-0 like that - should have been peppering the Leafs early on - at least they got a point but if they got off to a better start it would have been two points

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it was the reason we lost the game, or even necessarily the wrong call - but WHY THE FUCK IS THE NEUTRAL ZONE REF STOPPING PLAY ON THAT NO GOAL?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it was the reason we lost the game, or even necessarily the wrong call - but WHY THE FUCK IS THE NEUTRAL ZONE REF STOPPING PLAY ON THAT NO GOAL?

I cal tell you from years of rigging high school and college games that that ref should have never blown his whistle period. The ref down lie was in perfect position to see the puck so he should be allowed to call the play, it's actually how refs are taught. My bigger problem was the ref down low was the senior official and signaled a goal so why didn't he argue more?

The refs have been really bad this year league wide but they are much more biased against the Flyers lately. I mean how was the hooking call against Kimmo a hook, he never even touched JVR with his stick and how was Phaneuf not constantly I'm the box for late hits or cross checking? I actually blame Berube because he's been plenty vocal about his disapproval of the officiating and I think it's biting him in the ass. Yes the refs are horrible and something needs to be done, however pissing them off with 20 games left and in a race for a playoff spot is not a good time to be so vocal. I will give him credit for sitting Downie, this could have been a really ugly mess as far as penalties go if he was in given what was being called tonight.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Toronto was committing interference all game long. They only got called for it once though. Every call tonight minus the interference on Raymond and the fighting majors was a joke. Three of those were on us and one on them.

Either way, we did not come prepared to play in that first period and left guys wide open in front of our net on at least the last couple of goals against. That said, the resiliency of this team is insane and we definitely stole a point in large part to Mason and our relentless offense.

You can't win them all, but even down 1-2 to start the third, I was very confident that we'd at least tie it and have a decent shot at the win. I thought we were a little too tentative in the overtime and Lupul could've cooked himself breakfast and had a coffee right in Masons' kitchen before scoring that goal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Toronto was committing interference all game long. They only got called for it once though. Every call tonight minus the interference on Raymond and the fighting majors was a joke. Three of those were on us and one on them.

Either way, we did not come prepared to play in that first period and left guys wide open in front of our net on at least the last couple of goals against. That said, the resiliency of this team is insane and we definitely stole a point in large part to Mason and our relentless offense.

You can't win them all, but even down 1-2 to start the third, I was very confident that we'd at least tie it and have a decent shot at the win. I thought we were a little too tentative in the overtime and Lupul could've cooked himself breakfast and had a coffee right in Masons' kitchen before scoring that goal.

I thought Steve Mason was really good last night, even though they trailed 2-0 early he kept them in the game and was terrific

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Steve Mason was really good last night, even though they trailed 2-0 early he kept them in the game and was terrific

Mason made some good saves, but I can't help but feel like he's majorly distracted right now. He just doesn't look like the same guy who helped us climb back into the playoff race. His rebound control is horrible and he seems hesitant to actually play the puck now because of it. I think it;s time for Mason, Jeff Reese and Bernie Parent to go into a room for a few hours and have a talk, go over tape, smell new shoes or whatever the hell it is that goalies do when they lose their mojo so that he can get it back. all the said the team did not help him in the first 30 minutes of last nights game at all. It was lazy shit ass play and changes all over the ice and I'm sure Berube will be focusing on that in tomorrow's practice.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason made some good saves, but I can't help but feel like he's majorly distracted right now. He just doesn't look like the same guy who helped us climb back into the playoff race. His rebound control is horrible and he seems hesitant to actually play the puck now because of it. I think it;s time for Mason, Jeff Reese and Bernie Parent to go into a room for a few hours and have a talk, go over tape, smell new shoes or whatever the hell it is that goalies do when they lose their mojo so that he can get it back. all the said the team did not help him in the first 30 minutes of last nights game at all. It was lazy shit ass play and changes all over the ice and I'm sure Berube will be focusing on that in tomorrow's practice.

Eh I think the whole team has been not their best defensively, and that's not just Mase - they need to shore it up defensively - part of it too is the teams they're going up against - teams like Washington it always seems like a high scoring affair

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of guys want to impress when in Toronto and forget that a games going on you could see Mason was a bit nervous. I'm glad that they came back time to move onto the next one...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Flyers still have the after-effects of the Olympic two-week vacation.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smell new shoes is hysterical thanks for the good laugh this AM

For some reason Mase handles the dump ins behind the net much better at home. He looks much quicker in getting to the puck behind the net when in Philly which in turn gives him more time to make a decision. When we picked him up last year the puck used to hit him in the chest and stick there like glue now almost every shot is bouncing off. I hope he can get back to squaring up and absorbing the puck because to many rebounds is not good for anyone on our team.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of guys want to impress when in Toronto and forget that a games going on you could see Mason was a bit nervous. I'm glad that they came back time to move onto the next one...

I dont know if this is the case but for some reason Toronto had all the Olympic gold medalist that they were honoring standing in our end while warm ups were going on. The Mapleleafs had their usual half ice to warm up on but we couldnt get a good skate in because of all the traffic in our end. I was thinking this might have played a part into our horrible start to the game.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smell new shoes is hysterical thanks for the good laugh this AM

For some reason Mase handles the dump ins behind the net much better at home. He looks much quicker in getting to the puck behind the net when in Philly which in turn gives him more time to make a decision. When we picked him up last year the puck used to hit him in the chest and stick there like glue now almost every shot is bouncing off. I hope he can get back to squaring up and absorbing the puck because to many rebounds is not good for anyone on our team.

No problem. I started thinking about goalies and all I could remember was the Bullies talking about how Bernie used to love to smell new shoes in the HBO documentary.

His rebound control is definitely off lately and that should be a big concern for the playoffs if we make them. I say if because the Metro is an extremely confusing division to look at and try to project because no team outside of the Penguins has really pulled away and most aren't dropping out of the race. I think this is the most fragile team I've ever seen when it comes to confidence. I know they are really good at come from behind wins and all but the thing is they haven't yet played a full 60 minute game all season and when things start to go wrong on the ice they start holding their sticks too tight and being too tentative. I am really hoping they can put another 5 game win streak together here against some of the better teams and that just send their confidence sky rocketing because if that happens this team will be extremely dangerous come the playoffs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. I started thinking about goalies and all I could remember was the Bullies talking about how Bernie used to love to smell new shoes in the HBO documentary.

His rebound control is definitely off lately and that should be a big concern for the playoffs if we make them. I say if because the Metro is an extremely confusing division to look at and try to project because no team outside of the Penguins has really pulled away and most aren't dropping out of the race. I think this is the most fragile team I've ever seen when it comes to confidence. I know they are really good at come from behind wins and all but the thing is they haven't yet played a full 60 minute game all season and when things start to go wrong on the ice they start holding their sticks too tight and being too tentative. I am really hoping they can put another 5 game win streak together here against some of the better teams and that just send their confidence sky rocketing because if that happens this team will be extremely dangerous come the playoffs.

We are 7-1-1 in the last 9 lets kick some Devil ass and go from there.