• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning 4/10/14 | 7:30pm

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Gus is miss guided at best and a moron at worst if he thinks his skating ability is going to keep him in this league. He NEEDS to learn how to win board battles, he's a joke behind our net. I think the best thing we could do with him right now is either trade him or just not qualify him, I can't see him ever having an impact here now and I'm pretty sure the Flyers are going to get another much better defense men during FA (Hopefully Niskanen or trade for Franson oh and don't forget Weber's name is circulating again :doh:).

Also, Lauridsen has a one-way contract next year.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Gus is miss guided at best and a moron at worst if he thinks his skating ability is going to keep him in this league. He NEEDS to learn how to win board battles, he's a joke behind our net. I think the best thing we could do with him right now is either trade him or just not qualify him, I can't see him ever having an impact here now and I'm pretty sure the Flyers are going to get another much better defense men during FA (Hopefully Niskanen or trade for Franson oh and don't forget Weber's name is circulating again :doh:).

Cody Franson isn't that great - and maybe if they played Gus every night he could prove himself

His plus minus in the 25-30 games he's played is as good as the guys who have played all season

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Franson isn't that great - and maybe if they played Gus every night he could prove himself

His plus minus in the 25-30 games he's played is as good as the guys who have played all season

Found this about him. It's a bit old at this point, but...

"Cody Franson has struggled defensively in 2013-14.

He's made several defensive mistakes and his glaring turnovers have been turning into goals for the opposition. Franson has contributed two goals and 21 points in 47 games, but he also has a minus-12 rating. Additionally, he ranks second in the league with 176 hits."

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this about him. It's a bit old at this point, but...

"Cody Franson has struggled defensively in 2013-14.

He's made several defensive mistakes and his glaring turnovers have been turning into goals for the opposition. Franson has contributed two goals and 21 points in 47 games, but he also has a minus-12 rating. Additionally, he ranks second in the league with 176 hits."

I wouldn't want any current d-man from the Leafs, that should be all you need to know

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't normally like to do this, but I think the flyers just got unlucky last night. I thought they played pretty well. Just lost the goalie battle.

I agree. I've moved on from this game, but from what I recall, we completely dominated the first period and still trailed 0-1 after it. Lindback was good, but he was also lucky on several of those saves.