• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at Tampa Bay Lightning 4/10/14 | 7:30pm

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berube started Emery so we can get the Penguins first round

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers stupidity hurt them tonight - Scott Hartnell was awful tonight and quite frankly he hasn't been good at all for a while now - he better pick it up and start moving his feet more

Stonehands Tye McGinn and Adam Hall should have had goals, no excuses

Now the Flyers have to really step up this weekend and play way better

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God fucking damnit,they're going to fall to a damn wildcard,and lose home ice.
Looks to me like Saturday might be their 1st round preview.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, it's probably better for the Flyers to just drop games.

Having home ice advantage against the Rangers might actually be a bad thing considering the Rangers are a better team on the road than they are at home.

Letting the Blue Jackets pass them up in the standings might even result in a better playoff matchup, from what I've noticed the Flyers matchup better against the Penguins than they do against the Rangers.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, it's probably better for the Flyers to just drop games.

Having home ice advantage against the Rangers might actually be a bad thing considering the Rangers are a better team on the road than they are at home.

Letting the Blue Jackets pass them up in the standings might even result in a better playoff matchup, from what I've noticed the Flyers matchup better against the Penguins than they do against the Rangers.

I don't get why everyone says the Flyers should just drop games - what if Detroit keeps playing well, then you end up with Boston - why risk that?

Plain and simple, the Flyers need to play better and get some momentum going into the playoffs - I'd rather get momentum going into the playoffs against the Rangers than to be struggling going in against the Penguins

This debate has been annoying, everyone wants the Flyers to drop games and it makes me sick

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why everyone says the Flyers should just drop games - what if Detroit keeps playing well, then you end up with Boston - why risk that?

Plain and simple, the Flyers need to play better and get some momentum going into the playoffs - I'd rather get momentum going into the playoffs against the Rangers than to be struggling going in against the Penguins

This debate has been annoying, everyone wants the Flyers to drop games and it makes me sick

True, Red Wings could throw a wrench in the whole operation.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take my chances with Detroit losing and getting the B's. Take care of business on the weekend and take out the rags in 6.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take my chances with Detroit losing and getting the B's. Take care of business on the weekend and take out the rags in 6.

Agreed on all fronts

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't normally like to do this, but I think the flyers just got unlucky last night. I thought they played pretty well. Just lost the goalie battle.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't normally like to do this, but I think the flyers just got unlucky last night. I thought they played pretty well. Just lost the goalie battle.

I agree, Flyers did outplay the Lightning. Just that Lindback went beast mode while Emery was getting beasted.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game as I was watching the frozen four, but what's up with Couturier on faceoffs? He's been getting killed lately, and looks like he went 3 for 10 again last night. He was so strong early on in the season, winning well over 50%, but is down to below 48% overall now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game as I was watching the frozen four, but what's up with Couturier on faceoffs? He's been getting killed lately, and looks like he went 3 for 10 again last night. He was so strong early on in the season, winning well over 50%, but is down to below 48% overall now.

He shaved his beard I noticed.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea he wasn't good on face offs again last night, I think looking at him puck handling that slash he caught a few games back may have bruised something in his hand. He do assist a lightning player, I think Palat that dude must not want Linback's sv% to improve that much.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offensively I would agree with you but they made some stupid defensive mistakes and that Scott Hartnell penalty was just awful, it took the momentum the Flyers had away after they made it 3-2

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep no breaks and they played sloppy at times. For better or worse Rinaldo does help this team when he's not a moron I hope he's learned his lesson!

Pit will most likely dump the game on Saturday as they really don't want Philly they'd much rather have BJ's. ;

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively I would agree with you but they made some stupid defensive mistakes and that Scott Hartnell penalty was just awful, it took the momentum the Flyers had away after they made it 3-2

if i'm thinking of the right penalty though, i actually thought it was an OK penalty to take (just glad he didn't get 4 for following it up like an idiot). he tied up a guy that had a clear scoring opportunity so it's tough to get super mad about it. should've been in better position to begin with, true, but once you're out of position, the penalty might not have been the worst thing to do

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i'm thinking of the right penalty though, i actually thought it was an OK penalty to take (just glad he didn't get 4 for following it up like an idiot). he tied up a guy that had a clear scoring opportunity so it's tough to get super mad about it. should've been in better position to begin with, true, but once you're out of position, the penalty might not have been the worst thing to do

Huh? That was not a clear scoring opportunity, that penalty happened behind or right near behind the net, that wasn't a chance in front of the net - he wasn't moving his feet and he ended taking a penalty because of that

It was unnecessary at that point - you don't put teams like Tampa on the PP, even if you have a good PK

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? That was not a clear scoring opportunity, that penalty happened behind or right near behind the net, that wasn't a chance in front of the net - he wasn't moving his feet and he ended taking a penalty because of that

It was unnecessary at that point - you don't put teams like Tampa on the PP, even if you have a good PK

i'm at work so i can't pull up the replay, but i could've sworn the guy he tied up was driving the net and hartnell tied him up as the centering pass came across. maybe i just didn't see it right? definitely possible.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally think Gus is miss guided at best and a moron at worst if he thinks his skating ability is going to keep him in this league. He NEEDS to learn how to win board battles, he's a joke behind our net. I think the best thing we could do with him right now is either trade him or just not qualify him, I can't see him ever having an impact here now and I'm pretty sure the Flyers are going to get another much better defense men during FA (Hopefully Niskanen or trade for Franson oh and don't forget Weber's name is circulating again :doh:).